2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

On 12/23/2023 at 7:39 PM, redsoxsuck05 said:

Has any lottery pick been as bad as Scoot in their first season and turned it around? He's even worse than Mudiay was.

Maybe the G-League isn't a good alternative to college? Kuminga, Green, Thompson twins, Daniels, and Scoot are/were way behind their peers who follow the traditional path.

Green is the only one who has a functional jump shot but his percentages are still poor.

Russell Westbrook was quite bad. 

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Crazy how good Brunson is. Mavs are massive losers for losing him. 

Idk what anybody says he can absolutely be your #1 guy on a championship team.

Now they just need to actually get him a real #2. (And a center plz for the love of God I cannot watch Thibs insane love for the 2012 Bulls roster anymore)

On 12/23/2023 at 7:39 PM, redsoxsuck05 said:

Has any lottery pick been as bad as Scoot in their first season and turned it around? He's even worse than Mudiay was.

I don't know if they were struggling quite as much, but off the top, Deron Williams and Trae Young were both different players post all-star break than they were prior, as rookies.  Jalen Suggs seems to be coming into his own after early struggles.  James Harden didn't look great early on, especially compared to what Tyreke Evans was doing, being the pick right after him.  Aging myself, but Scoot's own coach didn't really look the part early on either, partly due to some different reasons, but he was able to turn it around eventually, too.  

Scoot's in a pretty bad situation for a rookie lead guard being thrown into the fire.  The entire roster got shuffled around, so everyone is trying to learn each other on the fly, coaches included.  I think we'll know more about him in Feb,March, April than we do now.  Even better feel coming into next year, if they can get some roster consistency he can adapt to.  

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Man feel for Wiseman still. His career had no chance from the get go going back to college. 

Even if he was able to go one and done in college, I don't think that's the difference between what he is now vs a rotational NBA player. He NEEDS to go to Europe really badly and come back in a few years. This country just doesn't have have the patience to help tweeners like him.

10 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I don't know if they were struggling quite as much, but off the top, Deron Williams and Trae Young were both different players post all-star break than they were prior, as rookies.  Jalen Suggs seems to be coming into his own after early struggles.  James Harden didn't look great early on, especially compared to what Tyreke Evans was doing, being the pick right after him.  Aging myself, but Scoot's own coach didn't really look the part early on either, partly due to some different reasons, but he was able to turn it around eventually, too.  

Scoot's in a pretty bad situation for a rookie lead guard being thrown into the fire.  The entire roster got shuffled around, so everyone is trying to learn each other on the fly, coaches included.  I think we'll know more about him in Feb,March, April than we do now.  Even better feel coming into next year, if they can get some roster consistency he can adapt to.  

Scoot has been on a whole other level of bad from Trae or Suggs. Hell, he's been worse than Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina, Mudiay, etc. I'm not even sure if Johnny Davis would be this bad if he got handed legit rotation minutes. Has any player in modern NBA history been this bad over 19 games?

Edited by redsoxsuck05

OKC got the ball with 55 seconds left in the quarter and held the ball till a couple seconds in the shotclock so they got the 2/1 instead of their opponent. Haven't seen this strategy this intentionally before. They didn't really get a 2/1 tho since they got a shotclock violation on the 1st possession. Also Ant made a heave 3 at the buzzer so the strategy didn't work at all lol

Edited by 11sanchez11