2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

12 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

They said on TNT that the Bucks hired Doc Rivers, said CNN Sports reported it. But none of that seems to be true.

Looks like NBATV accidentally aired a prerecorded snippet they made in case Doc was hired. And the TNT ppl thought was real?

I seen that cnn broke the news. Lmao. Trump was right. 

6 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Why?

To try and change anything mid season is a tough ask, to try and do it with a veteran roster that is playing well already is a foolish thing to even ask. They should have kept the coach that they won a championship with. 

The bucks are becoming a joke on this whole thing. You fire a coach that won nearly 70% of his games and an NBA championship because for the first time in his tenure they lost a first round series. Bud was the winningest coach in franchise history.....until Griffin took over....now he has the best win percentage in team history. 

So unless something is going to come out about Griffin that justifies this, its just the bucks making more poor coaching decisions, as is their history. 

So to sum it up, I cant imagine Doc Rivers is going to make much of a difference. Doesn't mean they cant win and win big, possibly even the championship, but it wont be because they hired Doc Rivers mid season. This just doesnt even happen.....very rare in nba coaching circles for someone to be brought in from outside the organization mid season compared to the typical way of letting guys coach their season or appoint an interim to finish a season. 

If we want to talk about Doc specifically, dude has been gifted so many super stars. He had the chance to make a dynasty in Orlando and it fell apart, though I wont blame him for all that. He got a dynasty in Boston that got him his 1 ring, 16 years ago. He had lots of talent with the clippers and with the 76ers and both times he flamed out. 10 years with the clippers and 76ers and he failed to advance past round 2.

SO no I dont think making a coaching change is going to help them at all, and history suggests that Doc might actually hinder them.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Udoka needs to hire someone who understands NBA offense. Dude sucks at it, especially at drawing up plays. 

he's a players coach that depends on his team to win on talent alone. rockets ain't got much talent so it makes sense. 

Can someone who watches the Rockets explain what's happened to them. They've had the Nuggets number big time this year, yet now they are slumping.

The West is just insane right now. Some of those playoff matchups are going to be so tight. I could definitely see higher seeds getting dumped early.

11 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

he's a players coach that depends on his team to win on talent alone. rockets ain't got much talent so it makes sense. 

They have talent.  They are just young and inexperienced spinkled in with a few vets.  Rockets are fine.  The expectations were compete for a play in spot.  They are doing that this season.