MNF Week 7 San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings

TecmoSuperJoe

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I feel like his game is a bit one dimensional at the moment so tell me if I am wrong, but he seems to be insanely reliant on throws over the middle of the field. I never see him go outside the numbers... like ever. Is that a limitation on his part or the Niners just refusing to use that part of the field?

He does it way more than Jimmy did. It's not a strength, but at the same time I'm not sure if it matters if it was. I think it's Kyle who wants to attack the middle of the field, but I could be wrong

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I mean no, expecting a perfect season wasn't gonna happen.  But it doesn't really feel like there are any particular juggernauts this year.

Pretty much everyone who is in the conversation, has laid at least one complete egg of a game at some point.

Still goes back to Any Given Sunday.

Did you views the 2022 Chiefs and Eagles as Juggernauts? The same two teams who lost to the 4-12 Colts and 8-8 Commanders?

Eagles have had more injuries thru the first 7 weeks of this season then ALL of last year combined. Despite all of that, they've managed to scratch and claw to a 6-1 record. 

If they were able to get healthier over the next 2-3 months, do you think they will be better or worse come January?

Edited by Nabbs4u

Outside of QB, the secondary has really failed  Shanahan teams in the big spots. Remember the 50 yard Tyreek catch in the superbowl that sparked that comeback? 

They look great when the front 7 is the 85 bears destroying offensive lines. 

Awesome game for the Vikings, I was really pessimistic about this game beforehand but glad we grinded it out.

Kirk was phenomenal, the O-Line was amazing and KOC did a great job play-calling. Some of his 4th down decisions were uncharacteristic but the one I really would've done differently was the very end, instead of going for it on 4th and 7 to end the game or give it to them at SF's 33 yard line or kick a 50-yard FG to keep it at a one-score game or give it to them at SF's 40 yard line if you miss. So often in one-score games the team that has the ball last ends up winning, the Vikings got lucky.

Also, this is the first I've really watched of Brock Purdy and the niners are in good hands. He might not be dynamic like Mahomes, Allen, etc. but he seems to have all the qualities you want in a solid franchise QB. He's going to be making less than 0.5% of the salary cap his entire rookie deal which is insane value for the niners.

• Like 2

One Steve Wilks took control of playcalling duties in Carolina mid season in 2017, the defense dipped.

He was a bad HC/DC in Arizona.

He was a bad DC in Cleveland.

He was a bad DC in Mizzou.

He was slightly less bad in his 2nd stint with Carolina.

How this dude keeps getting high-profile jobs is insane. It needs to be studied.

• Like 1