Week 8: (6-1) Eagles @ (3-4) WTF

Nabbs4u

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Can't exactly say how Byard looked, but I'm guessing he had a not so great game. The times I saw him I thought he looked slow and old lol, I could be wrong though. I'm sure him just getting here this week could have a lot to do with that.

Only time I really noticed him was when Logan Thomas ran a nice route on him.

You could also argue not noticing a safety too much (like we did with Reed today) is also a good thing.

But, really you can't judge safety play without the All-22, especially if they're playing back.

I do agree that its gonna be hard for him to play fast in a new defense right away though. I think he'll be better after the bye. Hopefully he can give us a solid performance next week though.

While I do not blame our struggles on defense to this soley. Those expecting Byard to come in, play the entire game and be on the same page as the rest of the back 7 was always a long shot. Regardless if he's a Vet.

This wasn't Julio on a 15-20 play pitch count, we can script routes for you to quickly learn. This was, get in there and pretend you actually know our scheme, where to be and to dominate. 🤷‍♂️

Reed looking this bad, I think was communication issues. While I 100% believe this will get cleaned up, only get better as the weeks go on that was a pitiful defensive performance,  until 9 minutes left in the game. 

We remotely do anything like that vs Dallas, it will be ugly.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Only time I really noticed him was when Logan Thomas ran a nice route on him.

You could also argue not noticing a safety too much (like we did with Reed today) is also a good thing.

But, really you can't judge safety play without the All-22, especially if they're playing back.

I do agree that its gonna be hard for him to play fast in a new defense right away though. I think he'll be better after the bye. Hopefully he can give us a solid performance next week though.

Yup, literally the only play I remember him on as well. Like you said, could be a good thing for all we know. TBD, but if it was a poor outing I’m not putting too much stock into his 1st game in a new D. How he looks after the bye is probably the player we can expect for the rest of year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yup, literally the only play I remember him on as well. Like you said, could be a good thing for all we know. TBD, but if it was a poor outing I’m not putting too much stock into his 1st game in a new D. How he looks after the bye is probably the player we can expect for the rest of year. 

Yeah, Byard said his first game in a new defense is no excuse for not playing better, so obviously he feels he didn't play his best. Gotta love the accountability from a vet like that. Really liked that he didn't let Blankenship get discouraged either before the INT. Would love to see him get his first of the season against Dak.