Week 8: (6-1) Eagles @ (3-4) WTF

Nabbs4u

Please just no injuries this week lol. Too many guys missing games this year... 

Washington seemingly always gives us fits. Just win the game idc how it looks. I really hope our DB's can perform better than the last meeting and give our DL time to have more impact. If we can regularly get to the QB in this game we should be sitting pretty.

Hurts needs to protect the ball this weekend. No turnovers and clean play are needed. If we win the turnover battle I don't see how we lose to this team.

1 minute ago, Jays3 said:

Tyreek hill got me thinking Eli ricks is the best nickel corner we got right now. He might even be the guy that permanently replaces Maddox.

I'm not getting carried away in either direction. While it was encouraging,  it was one game where the Entire Defense played lights out. Holding that Dolphins offense to 10pts.

This is a dangerous game for the Eagles.  We already know we're going to get Washington's best and this is a classic look ahead spot with Dallas up next week and a very difficult 6 game stretch.  If they are full focused this game should be over by halftime.  If they aren't this could be a repeat of the 1st matchup where anything can happen at the end of the game.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Really hoping our first matchup with them, and the fact that they took us to OT and almost beat us, wakes this team up for this matchup. Come out gassed up and don't take this team lightly.

If the Jets game never occured, I could see this happening. From this point forward,  I can't. 

Now just because we show up and don't take them for granted doesn't mean a automatic win. 

Not in the NFCE,  not against a rival. Records have never mattered,  ever.

On 10/27/2023 at 8:08 PM, Nabbs4u said:

I'm not getting carried away in either direction. While it was encouraging,  it was one game where the Entire Defense played lights out. Holding that Dolphins offense to 10pts.

I’m not getting carried away either but for a guy like tyreek hill to say that Eli ricks did a great job is a good start. He wasn’t even asked specifically about ricks, but that’s the first guy he name dropped. He’s at least trending in the right direction, that’s for sure.

19 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If the Jets game never occured, I could see this happening. From this point forward,  I can't. 

Now just because we show up and don't take them for granted doesn't mean a automatic win. 

Not in the NFCE,  not against a rival. Records have never mattered,  ever.

Hope you're right. I think it helps a bit since we played them so recently too. That game is still fresh.