2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I'd be very interested if he's there later now.  Guy is a monster DT with surprising pass rush for a dude that big..... Hell get Johny Newton in in a first round trade back and between Sweat, Billings, Dexter, and Newton you'd probably have a top tier DL interior, and also be more or less impossible to rush against, even in goal line.

I still see no way he gets out the 3rd at the latest because he is special at that size...

Just dumb

• Like 1

With Buffalo trading Diggs this past week, I looked up ATLs draft day trade with Cleveland for Julio Jones.  The Browns got picks 27, ATLs 2nd and 4th that year(2011) and 1st and 4th rounders the following year for pick 6.  If Nabers and/or Odunze fall to us and Buffalo made a similar deal to move up, would we take it? 

I REALLY don't understand meeting with Worthy so much.... unless they're expecting him to be there in the third round.

He's a super fast guy who statistically isn't good  in the deep passing game, doesn't have great hands, and is incredibly tiny for the NFL to the point where he's automatically useless as a blocker and is going to have big durability concerns playing underneath.

There's like 10 guys I'd take over him at the position =/

56 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Not sure I can call a 22 year old a kid the more I think of it hahaha

Respectfully, I can. The way that people mature is different this generation than it was for the previous generations. In previous generations more responsibilities were hoisted on you peoples shoulders than there is today by necessity. People were on their own and in the workforce much earlier because it was the norm. That is not the case, especially with college athletes these days. More is given to them and the only real expectation is that they perform on the field. This slows the maturation process because they have not experience the real life consequences that previous generations experienced at the same age range. This is not an indictment on them, just a fact. Age and emotional/intellectual/developmental maturity are not the same thing.

5 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Respectfully, I can. The way that people mature is different this generation than it was for the previous generations. In previous generations more responsibilities were hoisted on you peoples shoulders than there is today by necessity. People were on their own and in the workforce much earlier because it was the norm. That is not the case, especially with college athletes these days. More is given to them and the only real expectation is that they perform on the field. This slows the maturation process because they have not experience the real life consequences that previous generations experienced at the same age range. This is not an indictment on them, just a fact. Age and emotional/intellectual/developmental maturity are not the same thing.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one...for me at 22 years old you know right from wrong.

21 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this one...for me at 22 years old you know right from wrong.

Mike, the average American is VERY stupid and VERY ignorant. You should absolutely be correct, but this country is… really something to experience.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

3 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Mike, the average American is VERY stupid and VERY ignorant. You should absolutely be correct, but this country is… really something to experience.

Additionally right and wrong (believe it or not) is relative to your environment, peers, and culture. The same thing with "common sense." The decisions that a person makes is always based upon the data that they have collected from life experience. Human beings do not have a "default" factory setting that gives them the knowledge of what to do in any given circumstance. A person must first be able to properly recognize and categorize a situation as right or wrong. Additionally emotional maturity plays a part in how a person then reacts to any given circumstance.

11 hours ago, Epyon said:

I REALLY don't understand meeting with Worthy so much.... unless they're expecting him to be there in the third round.

He's a super fast guy who statistically isn't good  in the deep passing game, doesn't have great hands, and is incredibly tiny for the NFL to the point where he's automatically useless as a blocker and is going to have big durability concerns playing underneath.

There's like 10 guys I'd take over him at the position =/

I agree. Worthy’s speed is obviously legit, but what else does he bring to the table at 170 lbs? He interests me, but not where we’d have to take him to add him. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

But again, your solution is to trade up to load up at a position that you're already convinced is good.  And that would likely mean neglecting the other positions that could stand to improve.

There are reasons to appreciate or disregard either idea. WR is good right now. Trading up for a premier wr talent would still be paying dividends for years after Allen has retired, assuming the pick lands. You’re also talking to a fanbase with a long time WR corps drought and really has only ever had a #1 wr a few times in 100 years. The opportunity to solidify the wr corps for years for a high potential qb is intriguing. Ultimately, if Alt made it past the titans or we went Turner I wouldn’t be distraught. Especially after getting Allen. 

Also, the “will the bears have a top 3 rushing attack without fields?” answer is absolutely not. 

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Just an aside.  

But I was in traffic prosecution for a long time.

Vast majority of DUIs are not kids.  It is adults who really like to drink of which there are many.  

I honestly don't get the obsession with drinking past college.  I pretty much stopped drinking after 21 and drank a ton before that.

It got old fast when you aren't at a party trying to pick up a girl.  I didn't enjoy feeling like crap the next day.

I am not trying to brag, but everyone says I look much younger than my age.  I know because I hear it all time when people find out how old I am or how old my kids are.

I think not drinking has a lot to do with that.  It seems to age people a bit.