2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Does anyone else think that there’s a good chance JJ McCarthy goes back to school? He’s not gonna be in the top 3 QBs this year, but he’s got a decent chance to be QB1 in the 2025 draft. 

The only Draft Class JJ ever had a shot at being QB1 was against Pickett. He just has too low of a ceiling for anyone to take him that high

17 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Does anyone else think that there’s a good chance JJ McCarthy goes back to school? He’s not gonna be in the top 3 QBs this year, but he’s got a decent chance to be QB1 in the 2025 draft. 

Would be the smart move if Harbaugh sticks around or Moore is promoted (which he should be if Jim leaves)

46 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The only Draft Class JJ ever had a shot at being QB1 was against Pickett. He just has too low of a ceiling for anyone to take him that high

That’s how I see him too, but that’s me. I also thought the same of Zach Wilson though and while he was never QB1 he went 2nd overall. Desperation breeds poor decisions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

i think it depends on what harbaugh does. i also don't think him going in the second half of the first to a team like Minny/TB/Dallas/LAR/DEN/Nola would be the worst for him to sit for a year then step in, if his agent hears things like that

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If we go DE in R1 the guy I want is Verse. 

I like Verse a lot too. Didn't have as much production this year, but he's got good size, strength to hold the edge, and a really quick first step. He'd be good across from Sweat or to come in as a DPR his first year behind walker. would be appropriate with our second 1st as well.

I really like latu as well - he gives me hutchinson vibes with his effort/compete level, but medicals are gonna be the biggest thing for him. 

4 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I like Verse a lot too. Didn't have as much production this year, but he's got good size, strength to hold the edge, and a really quick first step. He'd be good across from Sweat or to come in as a DPR his first year behind walker. would be appropriate with our second 1st as well.

I really like latu as well - he gives me hutchinson vibes with his effort/compete level, but medicals are gonna be the biggest thing for him. 

Either Verse or Latu opposite Sweat would be a great addition IMO.

18 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

It may be better to be QB3 as you go to a better situation. 

A lot of time the first QB taken doesn’t have best career.   You still want to go in first or early 2nd so team will give you reps and opportunity.  

20 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Definitely could but if they win the national championship I don't see why he stays. Be better to get drafted by a more talented team than a dumpster fire. Might lose money up front but could Brock Purdy himself into a much better 2nd contract. THAT is where the big money is.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

If this really did happen then we IMO their is zero decision for us to make this year if I team want to throw that sort of capital at you.

Wow that is an insane haul. I'm a Gators fan and would have traded the pick fir Hunter and the 2023 1st without question.

42 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If this really did happen then we IMO there is zero decision for us to make this year if I team want to throw that sort of capital at you.

Nowhere in that video does it say they offered 5 firsts.   It just says they offered a lot without specifics.   Clickbait BS 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

If this really did happen then we IMO there is zero decision for us to make this year if I team want to throw that sort of capital at you.

You literally can’t do that unless all those 1st rounders are within the next 3 drafts. NFL rules. Presently you aren’t allowed to trade any draft picks beyond the 2026 draft until the day after the end of the current draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

You need to unfollow a lot of these ****ty accounts, Mike

JLfootball or whatever is another crock of BS handle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

You literally can’t do that unless all those 1st rounders are within the next 3 drafts. NFL rules. Presently you aren’t allowed to trade any draft picks beyond the 2026 draft until the day after the end of the current draft. 

Very good point I didn't even think of that when I read it 😂

• Like 1