2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

CJ Stroud 4000 yds 26 tds everywhere i look there are comps except in Chicago

18 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

So less yards and 11 less TDs? And that’s the closest comp? The fact that that’s the closest comp (and still way short) also suggests that what Dak did as a rookie was an extreme outlier, doesn’t it? 

3 minutes ago, anonymousGM said:

You can take Mahomes stats from year 2 (his first season as a starter) and divide everything by 2 and that would still be better than Justin Fields this year. I don't think its unreasonable to believe a rookie QB can preform well in year 1 when surrounded by some decent players

Cool. Then we should make sure that the decent players are here first so that this can happen. Expecting to fill the void with other rookies and then they all perform well enough to get that outcome is unrealistic.

7 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Cool. Then we should make sure that the decent players are here first so that this can happen. Expecting to fill the void with other rookies and then they all perform well enough to get that outcome is unrealistic.

Then once again, why did everyone say Moore would be to Fields as Brown was to Hurts & Diggs was to Allen when the Bears traded for him? 

DaBearsBlog on Twitter, the way I read it, seems to suggest the plan is to hire the OC and then with the OC decide if we want Justin or not, but simultaneously also to appear attractive to OCs and get a top option by telling them we plan to use the first pick on QB.

Make of that what you will. My overall vibe at this point is that we are set to make the asinine decision to keep Flus and highly draft a rookie QB. DBB seems to overall be leaning this way as well. Saying George loves Warren, Warren loves Poles, they're all going to press their naked bodies together and see if they scream Justin or Caleb upon completion and that will be the direction they go. Also saying that Poles and Flus are very attached career wise now, which leads me to assume they're taking Caleb.

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Then once again, why did everyone say Moore would be to Fields as Brown was to Hurts & Diggs was to Allen when the Bears traded for him? 

I didn’t. Hurts also had Smith and the best offensive line in football. Not the same.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

DaBearsBlog on Twitter, the way I read it, seems to suggest the plan is to hire the OC and then with the OC decide if we want Justin or not, but simultaneously also to appear attractive to OCs and get a top option by telling them we plan to use the first pick on QB.

That may be part of it, to me it screams that Poles is already playing Draft games with the rest of the league.

We went into the combine last year saying how we would evaluate all of the Top QB Prospect also, and came out with possibly the most lucrative package for the #1 pick in NFL History (definitely the largest heist)

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

That may be part of it, to me it screams that Poles is already playing Draft games with the rest of the league.

We went into the combine last year saying how we would evaluate all of the Top QB Prospect also, and came out with possibly the most lucrative package for the #1 pick in NFL History (definitely the largest heist)

I certainly hope Poles is playing chess on this, it makes very little sense to me to keep Eberflus and take Caleb.

26 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Thats my thing. When everything goes right Fields looks great but when one thing goes wrong he loses composure and starts running around (sometimes it works). Even in a clean pocket he'll try to make the perfect throw and miss his mark. Very streaky player which is why Poles must exhaust all options in the evaluation process. 

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I certainly hope Poles is playing chess on this, it makes very little sense to me to keep Eberflus and take Caleb.

Agreed. You add in all the players talking like they know JF will be their QB in '24, and then the weird "report" from DBB that we might take a QB but not at #1?

I think everything we hear leaked at this point is purposeful, especially when Poles knows that teams may be alittle extra guarded to make a deal with us after what he pulled off on Carolina last year. Its not losing a trade that GMs and Owners hate the most, its looking foolish to everyone else on a deal.

54 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Selling 1-1 as a QB to an OC but also trying to play games with the league that we may move forward with Fields as our guy isn’t going to work though, right? It’s not like those guys who are getting that sales pitch from us and end up not getting our OC job don’t also work on the league and will just sit on that information. Or, we sell 1-1 to the OC and actually do keep Fields and move forward with him and you’ve sold a bill of goods to the guy whose most directly responsible for making your QB decision look like the right one. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Selling 1-1 as a QB to an OC but also trying to play games with the league that we may move forward with Fields as our guy isn’t going to work though, right? It’s not like those guys who are getting that sales pitch from us and end up not getting our OC job don’t also work on the league and will just sit on that information. Or, we sell 1-1 to the OC and actually do keep Fields and move forward with him and you’ve sold a bill of goods to the guy whose most directly responsible for making your QB decision look like the right one. 

the "lol nevermind" is going to be my thing for 2024, just warning you guys!  That would be absolutely hilarious if so.  I think it's probably a good thing that the Bears never release details on coach contracts, as they may end up overpaying or overcommitting to get an OC to want this job with the questions looming.