2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

We will find out far more at the combine but it is interesting that Kevin Fishbain is reporting that the buzz around the Bears this year is completely different around the league than it was last year at the senior bowl...looks like everyone is convinced that #1 isn't for sale and we will take Caleb.

45 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We will find out far more at the combine but it is interesting that Kevin Fishbain is reporting that the buzz around the Bears this year is completely different around the league than it was last year at the senior bowl...looks like everyone is convinced that #1 isn't for sale and we will take Caleb.

This doesn't directly apply to this situation, but this draft cycle everyone keeps talking about the mental side of CW not the talent side. I remember 2021 JF was getting thrown under the bus pre-draft a bunch for all sorts of stuff that had nothing to do with his ability to play the game (anyone else remember he's epileptic?)

i think it's important to remember EVERYTHING talked about from now until the draft needs to be taken with a massive grain of salt.

There’s a clip from Colin cowherd saying that Williams does not want to go to Chicago.  I think it’s being totally taken out of context.  Pretty sure cowherd is just speculating in that video, but you know people are going to run with it as fact.

edit:  here it is

https://twitter.com/christannehill/status/1753192770863280182?s=46&t=zLmA-f2jn1RszLw4i4Ut_A

11 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

There’s a clip from Colin cowherd saying that Williams does not want to go to Chicago.  I think it’s being totally taken out of context.  Pretty sure cowherd is just speculating in that video, but you know people are going to run with it as fact.

https://twitter.com/christannehill/status/1753192770863280182?s=46&t=zLmA-f2jn1RszLw4i4Ut_A

More likely:

1) Cowherd is saying something that’ll get him clicks and talked about without regard for any actual fact, followed by Parkins turning that manufactured content into more manufactured content locally; or

2) Cowherd is breaking actual sports news (that happens to conflict with that of all the big time national football guys) for the first in how long? (Has he ever broken actual NFL news before?)

Said this before but apparently it needs repeating - Colin Cowherd’s job is to get you to listen to and talk about Colin Cowherd. That’s it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

More likely:

1) Cowherd is saying something that’ll get him clicks and talked about without regard for any actual fact, followed by Parkins turning that manufactured content into more manufactured content locally; or

2) Cowherd is breaking actual sports news (that happens to conflict with that of all the big time national football guys) for the first in how long? (Has he ever broken actual NFL news before?)

Said this before but apparently it needs repeating - Colin Cowherd’s job is to get you to listen to and talk about Colin Cowherd. That’s it. 

#1, precisely.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

More likely:

I haven't watched either in a few years outside of some Tiktoks friends send me to get me ranting, but I remember thinking that Cowherd wants to be Skip Bayless so damn bad. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

More likely:

Caleb has literally been liking Chicago condo videos on social media lol

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Caleb has literally been liking Chicago condo videos on social media lol

"He's only doing that to raise the urgency and price, so CHI can get better offers and he can get out of there," Skip and Cowherd... probably.

Edit - I'd get a huge kick if there comes out a story later that Poles called Williams already and told him to lock in a good interest rate, because you're coming to Chicago b***h!"

Edited by Sugashane

Just now, Sugashane said:

"He's only doing that to raise the urgency and price, so CHI can get better offers and he can get out of there," Skip and Cowherd... probably.

My kids try to show me Cowherd clips they find on social media and I’m always telling them “I have zero interest in anything Cowherd has to say.” 

• Like 1

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

My kids try to show me Cowherd clips they find on social media and I’m always telling them “I have zero interest in anything Cowherd has to say.” 

AZ - "I don't care about what he says."

AZ kids, "Ok boomer."
***AZ weeps as he goes to work the next day. "I'm not that old. I'm not that old..."***

Honestly my buddies send me a video then facetime me to get me ranting. I know they're doing it, but dammit it is as therapeutic for me as it is funny for them. Even when I know the video is clearly fake, it still gets me. When the whole "Caleb is staying in college, he can make more money there" crap was going I went off on like a 15 minute tangent.

We all have our vices. lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CBears019 said:

The man is a clown

The more I watch the Senior Bowl build up the more fascinated I become by what we might do at WR. We clearly need to add at least 2 WR, but do we go bigger in FA and prioritize other positions at the top of the draft, or the opposite? How willing are we to make a rookie WR a primary part of the attack with what we presume will be a rookie QB? Waldron gave JSN 64% of the snaps and 93 targets last year, but he was also the clear WR3 there for 2023 and a 1st round pick. Does Waldron envision Moore filling more of the Tyler Lockett role in his offense, or the DK role? 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Does Waldron envision Moore filling more of the Tyler Lockett role in his offense, or the DK role? 

I was thinking about this last night. And I think sometimes we overanalyze this kind of thing. These offenses dont always have exactly a "DK" role and a "Lockett" role. If he is as good of an OC as we think he is, its going to mold this around what we have/add this offseason.

Not sure we will fully know the roles or the full scope of what he is running till TC

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CBears019 said:

This is all over X right now.

Apparently his show is on this morning and Cowherd walked it back.   

If true, which it sounds like it is,  I am sure clips are coming.

Edited by dll2000