Week 8 TNF: Titans vs. Steelers. (Levis Starting: Best sequel since Godfather II?)

KingTitan

I hate Thursday games.. they’re never good. It’s either a blow out game or it’s a game of FGs. Wish they would get rid of Thursday night games all together. Plus players bodies can’t fully recover in that short time.

I hope we win tho, it’s been years since we’ve beat the Steelers. We need to break the curse! Maybe the curse will go to the team that just stepped on the towel(can’t think of the team right now)

I'm looking for motivation and encouragement from all the places I can think of.

Went back and looked at Mahomes first start. He was pretty much Mahomes from the jump. And read articles how the players saw it in practice and knew that he was special. Not exactly like Levis and Simmons, but some similarities.  

Praying we have a true "Dude" at QB now. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm looking for motivation and encouragement from all the places I can think of.

Went back and looked at Mahomes first start. He was pretty much Mahomes from the jump. And read articles how the players saw it in practice and knew that he was special. Not exactly like Levis and Simmons, but some similarities.  

Praying we have a true "Dude" at QB now. 

Idk man. I know it's one game. Things can definitely go south. And I am wearing Titans rose colored glasses. But something just feels different. Dude just has an energy to him.

Florio this morning: “I spoke with an NFL GM of a team that didn’t need a QB, they said Levis is going to get other GMs fired bc he’s going to be good, and all the owners of the QB needy teams are going to start asking why they didn’t draft him.”

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Idk man. I know it's one game. Things can definitely go south. And I am wearing Titans rose colored glasses. But something just feels different. Dude just has an energy to him.

Florio this morning: “I spoke with an NFL GM of a team that didn’t need a QB, they said Levis is going to get other GMs fired bc he’s going to be good, and all the owners of the QB needy teams are going to start asking why they didn’t draft him.”

He does feel different. 

Went back and looked at Marcus first game and I think any QB in the position would have had similar success.  But for Levis, only maybe 3-4 other QBs could have done what he did. Especially that last throw. 

He is really a smart dude. Match that with his physical tools and reported love of the game.....sheesh. 
Worried about him staying healthy. He did have injuries in college and of course this preseason. 

"Please Football Gods. Let this organization have this one....Let us have a QB that can carry us for the next 10-12 years."

I'll be the slight debbie downer here and say I don't think we'll know a ton about Levis even if he's consistently successful for the rest of this year until next season. The true test is how a QB performs after defenses/coaches have enough film to learn his tendencies. When schemes are developed to counter those tendencies, can the QB turn to other things and remain successful or not?

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He does feel different. 

Went back and looked at Marcus first game and I think any QB in the position would have had similar success.  But for Levis, only maybe 3-4 other QBs could have done what he did. Especially that last throw. 

He is really a smart dude. Match that with his physical tools and reported love of the game.....sheesh. 
Worried about him staying healthy. He did have injuries in college and of course this preseason. 

"Please Football Gods. Let this organization have this one....Let us have a QB that can carry us for the next 10-12 years."

👏BUILD👏THAT👏LINE👏

2 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Will gonna show the nation he is that guy tonight. I feel it. It's our time to be blessed with a young franchise qb. We have waited too long.

I feel like a dude dropping all the way to the 2nd round because nobody believed in him is probably the most Titans way to get a franchise QB.

And I am saying that in a positive way, before anyone misinterprets that.  lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Big a big I TOLD YOU SO coming from a lot of people, if he struggles.

Be a OMG, We making a run! if he does well and we win. 

I think a lot of people make decisions on guys in the draft or whatever before they see anyone play. Levis is probably the most neutral I've ever been on . . .anyone we've drafted. . . QB or not.

Probably says a lot that I was impressed Sunday.

I still think the mayo stuff is weird, but a mayo covered Lombardi is still a Lombardi, assuming he was good enough to win one.

5 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I feel like a dude dropping all the way to the 2nd round because nobody believed in him is probably the most Titans way to get a franchise QB.

And I am saying that in a positive way, before anyone misinterprets that.  lol

A 2nd round QB being a franchise QB is bizarre in and of itself if it turns out that way.

I'm trying to think, and off the top of my head the list of QBs to do that is like Brett Favre, Drew Brees and Boomer Esiason? Maybe missing a name or two, but it's a super short list, surprisingly so given how common good players are selected at other positions in the 2nd.

• Like 1