Week 9: {5-2} Cow Patties @ {7-1} Eagles (Dallas's SB Edition)

Nabbs4u

25 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I wouldn't say fantastic, but a good game no doubt. 

@downundermike brings some valid points, but it isn't that the OC "calls a go route", that route was designed to clear away space, AJ even tripped. That wasn't what Jalen was supposed to throw, as some have stated before. Just like that throw into triple coverage.

Jalen had a good game, no doubt about it. Not a fantastic game by any means. Not above criticism, him nor anyone else on this team. 

Yep.  He can make phenomenal plays, but making the simple play when it is needed is lacking.

Don't need a kill shot, don't need points, just need Dallas to not touch the ball again.  I am trying to find the play to see who else was open.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

but it isn't that the OC "calls a go route", that route was designed to clear away space, AJ even tripped. That wasn't what Jalen was supposed to throw, as some have stated before. Just like that throw into triple coverage.

There was NO justication in that scenario to call any type of pass, ZERO!. You run the ball twice to get 3 yds or at minimum 1 and punt killing more clock or burning a TO.

The fact Goedert missed the entire 4th QT didn't help either with execution. There have been numerous mind blowing play calls by Brian Johnson thru the first 8 weeks and that particular one, was by far the worst.

I personally don't care How we win, so long as we win!!! Every single one of these wins build character,  shows grit, shows the ability to fight. Last year we convincingly kicked the **** out of numerous teams only to fold like a lawn chair in the SB defensively. 

Maybe these scenarios work in our favor this season when this team FINALLY plays like last years dominate Eagles? Starts to play in all 3 phases, play complete games? 

That will be fun! 

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

There was NO justication in that scenario to call any type of pass, ZERO!. You run the ball twice to get 3 yds or at minimum 1 and punt killing more clock. 

The fact Goedert missed the entire 4th QT didn't help either with execution. There have been numerous mind blowing play calls by Brian Johnson thru the first 8 weeks and that particular one, was by far the worst.

I personally don't care How we win, so long as we win!!! Every single one of these wins build character,  shows grit, shows the ability to fight. Last year we convincingly kicked the **** out of numerous teams only to fold like a lawn chair in the SB defensively. 

Maybe these scenarios work in our favor when this team FINALLY plays like last season, starts to play in all 3 phases, complete games. 

That will be fun! 

I can understand what you say, there's some truth to that, no doubt. I had more of a problem with the pass previous to that one. 

But I understand also the idea that they were playing to put the game away instead of having them burn their T.O.

Plenty of blame to go around on that one. 

15 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

There was NO justication in that scenario to call any type of pass, ZERO!. You run the ball twice to get 3 yds or at minimum 1 and punt killing more clock. 

Correct.

You run the ball, and then take another 40 seconds off the clock.  If the rest of the game unfolds exactly the same with a run and a punt, on Dallas' last possession, they get the ball back with 15-20 seconds instead of 46 seconds remaining.

Additionally, with less time, the pressure mounts increasing the odds of a bad decision and a turnover.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I can understand what you say, there's some truth to that, no doubt. I had more of a problem with the pass previous to that one. 

But I understand also the idea that they were playing to put the game away instead of having them burn their T.O.

Plenty of blame to go around on that one

If we are going to do Brotherly shoves inside our own 30 on a consistent basis from the 1st QT on with success. You Do Not Abandon that mentality in the 4th QT. Period!!!

If we are going to BS from our EZ to create space getting 3 yds, you BS again on 3rd and 3, at worst creating 4th and 2, while killing clock or burning a TO!

Any discussion or criticism on where a Jalen Hurts pass should or shouldn't have gone never occurs if 2 more running plays are called. Only whether or not Dallas was finally able to stop something no one else in the NFL has stopped us from doing other then a FB OC/QB exchange last week.

Give me 92%, 2 plays in a row for 3 yards rather then a pass that  "might" get completed 50%  or less of the time.  Assuming of course Hurts isn't hit / sacked  / fumbling on that unnessasary dropback?

Edited by Nabbs4u

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If we are going to do Brotherly shoves inside our own 30 on a consistent basis from the 1st QT on with success. You Do Not Abandon that mentality in the 4th QT. Period!!!

If we are going to BS from our EZ to create space getting 3 yds, you BS again on 3rd and 3, at worst creating 4th and 2, while killing clock or burning a TO!

Any discussion or criticism on where a Jalen Hurts pass should or shouldn't have gone never occurs if 2 more running plays are called. Only whether or not Dallas was finally able to stop something no one else in the NFL has stopped us from doing other then a FB OC/QB exchange last week.

Give me 92%, 2 plays in a row for 3 yards rather then a pass that  "might" get completed 50%  or less of the time.  Assuming of course Hurts isn't hit / sacked  / fumbling on that unnessasary dropback?

I don't disagree with any of this, at all.

But as things stand and what happened, Jalen didn't make the correct read and deserves some of the blame for executing on a situation that shouldn't have been asked of him. 

18 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't disagree with any of this, at all.

But as things stand and what happened, Jalen didn't make the correct read and deserves some of the blame for executing on a situation that shouldn't have been asked of him. 

That's nit picking on a infinitesimal level IMO, sorry. 

I haven't see the all 22, honestly can't recall.  💩's and giggles.

Who was the correct read (WR) we know it wasn't Goedert?  How wide open was he? Was there ANY CHANCE  of a defected or batted down pass on that read where yet another TO could of occured?

That too, probably played a major factor in, Throw it up where only AJ can catch it or it goes out of bounds, we punt! That too, is the correct decision IMO because God knows we've or should I say Jalen specifically has had some unlucky bounces/TO this season. Just saying 

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That too, is the correct decision IMO because God knows we've or should I say Jalen specifically has had some unlucky bounces/TO this season. Just saying 

There is only one correct decision, and it is below.

49 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Correct.

You run the ball, and then take another 40 seconds off the clock.  If the rest of the game unfolds exactly the same with a run and a punt, on Dallas' last possession, they get the ball back with 15-20 seconds instead of 46 seconds remaining.

Additionally, with less time, the pressure mounts increasing the odds of a bad decision and a turnover.

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's nit picking on a infinitesimal level IMO, sorry. 

I haven't see the all 22, honestly can't recall.  💩's and giggles.

Who was the correct read (WR) we know it wasn't Goedert?  How wide open was he? Was there ANY CHANCE  of a defected or batted down pass on that read where yet another TO could of occured?

That too, probably played a major factor in, Throw it up where only AJ can catch it or it goes out of bounds, we punt! That too, is the correct decision IMO because God knows we've or should I say Jalen specifically has had some unlucky bounces/TO this season. Just saying 

Nah, you can't take the blame off a QB on a passing play. He's not the main person to blame, that is for sure but he is not spotless. 

Were there any other factors affecting the outcome? Of course. 

It is not nitpicking, it is what happened on a particular play. Had we lost, Hurts wouldn't have been near the top of the people to blame. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Cmon guys.

I have been talking smack to Cowboy fan since the game ended.

But talking to fans, we can not discuss the clear issues we saw with the team during a win?

Only the crappy Bucs and Dolphins we put away convincingly

Week 1 - let a crappy Pats team hang around all day.

Week 2 - sure, we had multiple score leads in the second half, but had two possessions after the Vikings cut it to 27-14 and did not get any points.

Week 3 - beat the crappy Bucs

Week 4 and 8 - let the Commanders hang around all day, and could have lost both games.

Week 5 - let the Rams stay in the game all day

Week 6 - Jets

Week 7 - Dolphins, best win of the year, and the type of win we need to have against bad teams

Week 9 - Multiple opportunities to bury the Cowboys and take what happened at the end of the table.  Last 3 possessions after going up 27-14, three 3 and outs, 9 plays for 15 yards.

Why am I insufferable or rooting against the Eagles because I want to win convincingly, because I want then to put the nail in the coffin when the game gets to that point.  Why am I a closet Cowboys fan because I want to beat them by 3 scores instead of damn near having a stroke eeking out a win.  Why am I asking to much to do what the Ravens did to the Seahawks yesterday?

This is the #1 thing the Eagles need to fix if they want to win a title.

They had a 10 point lead in the Super Bowl, and the #1 flaw that I pointed out multiple times last year came back and got them in the end.  You have to keep scoring and take the life out of your opponent.

Two new coordinators.

Quite a few young guys getting major playing time.

8-1 record.

We'll be ok