Week 9: {5-2} Cow Patties @ {7-1} Eagles (Dallas's SB Edition)

Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Do anything?  How about getting a first down in the 4th quarter.

Guess missing the entire 2nd 1/2 and not scoring 2 TD in the 3rd would of been better? 

Or do you just like to Mitch about literally everything?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

That 3rd and 3. Idk if it's on him or Johnson or both. But that's gotta be a top 10 worst decision I've seen in my Eagles Fandom.

It's both honestly.  The sequence of play calling on 1st and 2nd was too conservative.  On the 3rd down Jalen has a crosser open and he made the decision to throw a 50/50 ball to his guy.  The decision wasn't a good one and it was a poorly thrown ball in a game where he had some pretty impressive throws down field.  Team has some things to clean up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

It's both honestly.  The sequence of play calling on 1st and 2nd was too conservative.  On the 3rd down Jalen has a crosser open and he made the decision to throw a 50/50 ball to his guy.  The decision wasn't a good one and it was a poorly thrown ball in a game where he had some pretty impressive throws down field.  Team has some things to clean up.

Agreed. I don't know if Jalen will ever totally cleanse that kind of decision from himself. I'm okay with that kind of stuff and aggression in basically any other scenario. But brother, we're not trying to take the lead or something. The goal is to eat clock. Take the crosser. Be conservative when the game calls for it. 

11 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Imagine being this insufferable.

9 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Loser mentality. Imagine rooting against your own team. 

9 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

We def have a closet cowboy fan lingering among us. Never happy with anything and even cries during Wins

Cmon guys.

I have been talking smack to Cowboy fan since the game ended.

But talking to fans, we can not discuss the clear issues we saw with the team during a win?

Only the crappy Bucs and Dolphins we put away convincingly

Week 1 - let a crappy Pats team hang around all day.

Week 2 - sure, we had multiple score leads in the second half, but had two possessions after the Vikings cut it to 27-14 and did not get any points.

Week 3 - beat the crappy Bucs

Week 4 and 8 - let the Commanders hang around all day, and could have lost both games.

Week 5 - let the Rams stay in the game all day

Week 6 - Jets

Week 7 - Dolphins, best win of the year, and the type of win we need to have against bad teams

Week 9 - Multiple opportunities to bury the Cowboys and take what happened at the end of the table.  Last 3 possessions after going up 27-14, three 3 and outs, 9 plays for 15 yards.

Why am I insufferable or rooting against the Eagles because I want to win convincingly, because I want then to put the nail in the coffin when the game gets to that point.  Why am I a closet Cowboys fan because I want to beat them by 3 scores instead of damn near having a stroke eeking out a win.  Why am I asking to much to do what the Ravens did to the Seahawks yesterday?

This is the #1 thing the Eagles need to fix if they want to win a title.

They had a 10 point lead in the Super Bowl, and the #1 flaw that I pointed out multiple times last year came back and got them in the end.  You have to keep scoring and take the life out of your opponent.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Cmon guys.

I have been talking smack to Cowboy fan since the game ended.

But talking to fans, we can not discuss the clear issues we saw with the team during a win?

Only the crappy Bucs and Dolphins we put away convincingly

Week 1 - let a crappy Pats team hang around all day.

Week 2 - sure, we had multiple score leads in the second half, but had two possessions after the Vikings cut it to 27-14 and did not get any points.

Week 3 - beat the crappy Bucs

Week 4 and 8 - let the Commanders hang around all day, and could have lost both games.

Week 5 - let the Rams stay in the game all day

Week 6 - Jets

Week 7 - Dolphins, best win of the year, and the type of win we need to have against bad teams

Week 9 - Multiple opportunities to bury the Cowboys and take what happened at the end of the table.  Last 3 possessions after going up 27-14, three 3 and outs, 9 plays for 15 yards.

Why am I insufferable or rooting against the Eagles because I want to win convincingly, because I want then to put the nail in the coffin when the game gets to that point.  Why am I a closet Cowboys fan because I want to beat them by 3 scores instead of damn near having a stroke eeking out a win.  Why am I asking to much to do what the Ravens did to the Seahawks yesterday?

This is the #1 thing the Eagles need to fix if they want to win a title.

They had a 10 point lead in the Super Bowl, and the #1 flaw that I pointed out multiple times last year came back and got them in the end.  You have to keep scoring and take the life out of your opponent.

It’s pretty simple actually. 

Our QB just gutted out a great performance vs our biggest rival while clearly hurt. He comments that he would do anything for his team and city meaning he is more than happy to play through the pain to help them get a win. You brush all that off to bring up the fact that we didn’t get a first down in the fourth which really wasn’t even Jalen’s fault. Our 4th quarter possessions:

One possession starts an inch away from the end zone. Obviously very hard to do anything here. 

We get to 3rd and 3 and our OC calls for a ******* go route instead of running the football to setup a shove. 

Three straight runs to the RB that go nowhere. 

Sure criticize the team. We all want them to be better. But my god our QB just beat the Cowboys on one leg. He deserves nothing but praise for that at least. Not to mention do you realize who we just beat? And how good that team is? It’s ok to enjoy things. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Daimonas said:

hey guys bright side. hurts looked fantastic for the second week in a row. not bad for a bad qb

I wouldn't say fantastic, but a good game no doubt. 

23 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We get to 3rd and 3 and our OC calls for a ******* go route instead of running the football to setup a shove. 

@downundermike brings some valid points, but it isn't that the OC "calls a go route", that route was designed to clear away space, AJ even tripped. That wasn't what Jalen was supposed to throw, as some have stated before. Just like that throw into triple coverage.

Jalen had a good game, no doubt about it. Not a fantastic game by any means. Not above criticism, him nor anyone else on this team. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It’s pretty simple actually. 

Our QB just gutted out a great performance vs our biggest rival while clearly hurt. He comments that he would do anything for his team and city meaning he is more than happy to play through the pain to help them get a win. You brush all that off to bring up the fact that we didn’t get a first down in the fourth which really wasn’t even Jalen’s fault. Our 4th quarter possessions:

One possession starts an inch away from the end zone. Obviously very hard to do anything here. 

Three straight runs to the RB that go nowhere. 

Sure criticize the team. We all want them to be better. But my god our QB just beat the Cowboys on one leg. He deserves nothing but praise for that at least. Not to mention do you realize who we just beat? And how good that team is? It’s ok to enjoy things. 

People here enjoy things? No thank you. 

You'd swear this team is 1-8 reading through some of the **** that gets posted here. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I wouldn't say fantastic, but a good game no doubt. 

@downundermike brings some valid points, but it isn't that the OC "calls a go route", that route was designed to clear away space, AJ even tripped. That wasn't what Jalen was supposed to throw, as some have stated before. Just like that throw into triple coverage.

Jalen had a good game, no doubt about it. Not a fantastic game by any means. Not above criticism, him nor anyone else on this team. 

Oh look you completely ignored my entire post to argue semantics and claim I said anyone was above criticism!

Like I said before imagine being this insufferable.