Week 9: {5-2} Cow Patties @ {7-1} Eagles (Dallas's SB Edition)

Nabbs4u

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Love the coping optimism from Dallas players and fans about losing this game. "We're more confident now" etc. As if it wasn't a massive blow to their outlook on the division, conference, and playoff outlook/path as a whole.

Let em.  They will be feeling pretty high the next few weeks as I imagine they win their next 3 and sit at 8-3 before they hit their rough 5 game stretch.  All the sweeter when they implode.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Also Dallas fans melting down about officiating is...glorious.

I mean eventually they just gotta say hey, we lost. The refs weren't that egregious either way to be anyone's chief complaint. They didn't play good enough and came up a little short when they needed more against an elite team in the Eagles. We know as Eagles fans dating back to last super bowl, that eventually you must come to grips with a call or calls that didn't go your way. All anyone remembers and values is who won.

17 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean eventually they just gotta say hey, we lost. The refs weren't that egregious either way to be anyone's chief complaint. They didn't play good enough and came up a little short when they needed more against an elite team in the Eagles. We know as Eagles fans dating back to last super bowl, that eventually you must come to grips with a call or calls that didn't go your way. All anyone remembers and values is who won.

Sometimes the refs are so erogenous that they decide games, but I don't even think this was one of them.  Sure there were some bad calls that went against Dallas, but I think the officiating was equally bad all the way around in this one.  It's also hilarious to me how much they still moan about Lane Johnson getting off the snap early.

4 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm not sure, bunches and motion have been a problem almost two years now, and we haven't been able to not get passed all over by a franchise QB maybe ever in the Sirianni era. 

CeeDee also had an obscene amount of yards last year too. 

Imo the only problem is our CBs are older so they don't have that recovery speed so it's forcing them to never really press. Imo if they pressed more there would be a good amount of 1 play TD drives. 

I rather the slow drive with multiple chances to get a turnover or the DLine to make the play then see 70+ yard TD. 

Maybe I'm wrong but imo that's the real issue

I came in here curious to see how Byard did? I didn’t get to see the game and was wondering. We all know AJ is all world but what I will say is man you guys love to nitpick. 8-1 and all the things you guys still have to complain about is great 😂.  Must be awesome being an Eagles fan right now the standards are so high!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It’s ok to enjoy things. 

THIS

Yes, there are things we can do better, but my god if you can't find any happiness or fulfillment in an Eagles win, why do you even watch?

I swear these same folks were unhappy after SB LII because the defense played poorly.

11 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Sometimes the refs are so erogenous that they decide games, but I don't even think this was one of them.  Sure there were some bad calls that went against Dallas, but I think the officiating was equally bad all the way around in this one.  It's also hilarious to me how much they still moan about Lane Johnson getting off the snap early.

If anything the refs were favoring Dallas. All the initial calls were in their favor, but replay corrected a couple of those. The first dallas TD was NOT a catch.

Penalties were equal and ticky tack for both teams.

If the TV crews don't publicize the holds, missed calls, etc on the TV copy then nobody would never know about them. Then turn on the all 22 and realize okay there's missed calls on nearly every play and both teams could complain. Just so happens these plays that fans complain about are publicized and there's plenty of others that aren't that are just as egregious. It's on TV and the commentators are talking about it so let's complain and ignore the probably 20 other missed calls.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

THIS

Yes, there are things we can do better, but my god if you can't find any happiness or fulfillment in an Eagles win, why do you even watch?

I swear these same folks were unhappy after SB LII because the defense played poorly.

I am quite happy with the state of the Eagles.  Ask Cowboy, Giant and Commander fan that I work with.

Go see my social media posts, all Eagles all day.

This is the inner circle where we discuss the nitty gritty of things.  I am sure not going to discuss any complaints I have about the Eagles with other teams fans.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Imo the only problem is our CBs are older so they don't have that recovery speed so it's forcing them to never really press. Imo if they pressed more there would be a good amount of 1 play TD drives. 

I rather the slow drive with multiple chances to get a turnover or the DLine to make the play then see 70+ yard TD. 

Maybe I'm wrong but imo that's the real issue

I think that's one issue. But the imbalance of talent allocation, bad signings at CB this offseason (in hindsight), coaching, and the terrible LB/S corps we have contribute to that. 

Teams have completions on 3rd and long whenever they need them against us. It's like pressing a button. 

Either way, what you mention and what I mention haven't been fixed in a long long time, and doesn't look fixable during season, hence your original comment of "we'll be fine" is very debatable or dismissive of a very big problem with our team. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Titansfan said:

I will say is man you guys love to nitpick. 8-1 and all the things you guys still have to complain about is great 😂.  Must be awesome being an Eagles fan right now the standards are so high!

It's what we do, has been since I joined in 2007. This forum would be burnt down if we had the same record as the Cardinals.

2012/20 Sucked!!! Only thing positive from that misery was draftng Lane and Smitty afterward.

Some just can't appreciate nice things. 😎

Edited by Nabbs4u

34 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Either way, what you mention and what I mention haven't been fixed in a long long time, and doesn't look fixable during season, hence your original comment of "we'll be fine" is very debatable or dismissive of a very big problem with our team. 

Disagree.  There has been to many movable parts in our secondary due to injury. We just started the same group in consecutive games for the first time all season and that was with Ricks playing SCB.

I am not saying Roby will fix all of our woes, he's not Maddox. But after the Bye Byard will be a full month int the system. Roby over a month into the system it will just depend on health. Blankenship included!

Yes it's a older secondary but it's a secondary minus Blankenship that has seen it all. Communication should get better and if we an stay healthy upfront (Carter) Davis, Cox, let the Dogs eat that too will only aide this secondary. 

LB 🤷‍♂️

All I do know is we are sitting here 8-1 after losing

Both Coordinators (Gannon)

CGJ, Epps, Edwards, Kyzir and Maddox

From a SB participant that almost set the single season sack record. Of course there was going to be a drop off losing 5 starters. Can't pay everyone. 

We need moving forward 

Byard, Reed, Dean, Cunningham and Roby to step up thier games in the 2nd 1/2 of the season. Hopefully NOT MISSING any more games to injury!

15 combined games missed between them is more then enough!!!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u