Dobbs to Vikings

The Gnat

Since being drafted into the NFL in 2017, Dobbs has deftly managed to further his football career while continuing his pursuit of rocket science. Earlier this year, the Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback spent a month at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida as part of the NFLPA Externship, an experience that culminated with him being on site for the historic SpaceX launch to the International Space Station.

https://nflpa.com/posts/josh-dobbs-athleteand-rocket-scientist

On 11/1/2023 at 9:55 AM, VikeManDan said:

That isn't how conditional picks work, the 7th can turn into a 6th but we're not getting both picks. I think that is what you're saying above?

No, I'm not saying they'll get BOTH a 7th AND a 6th.  I was saying that it was reported that the 7th would turn into a 6th if Dobbs plays less than the specified # of games.  That would be Arizona's 6th, which is a higher draft position than our 6th is.  That higher position's number of positions higher than ours would represent the "profit".  But that situation makes little sense.  The announcer who stated the trade terms incorrectly, has since retracted his error, and, I believe he stated that the actual condition is: that if Dobbs plays at least the minimum # of games to meet the condition, The Vikings would then NOT also receive the 7th Rounder in addition to Dobbs, but will, instead, have paid their 6th straight up, for Dobbs, alone.

Edited by Robb_K

Minnesota swung a low-risk trade for Joshua Dobbs with the Arizona Cardinals, gaining Dobbs and a 7th-Round draft pick for a 6th-Rounder, which is NFL-speak for “free.” But before the Dobbs deal Tuesday, the Vikings allegedly wanted the services of another veteran passer — Jacoby Brissett.

Per SI.com’s Albert Breer, a handful of clubs inquired about the Commanders passer: “The Commanders have taken calls on backup QB Jacoby Brissett, but the price has been prohibitive for other teams — they’ve asked for a Day 2 pick. We’ll see if the price comes down with Josh Dobbs going for a late-round pick swap.”

Shortly after, The Athletic’s Dianna Russini confirmed Minnesota was in the mix, “The Vikings looked into this yesterday before they traded for Dobbs.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/top_news/wanted-different-qb?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Minnesota swung a low-risk trade for Joshua Dobbs with the Arizona Cardinals, gaining Dobbs and a 7th-Round draft pick for a 6th-Rounder, which is NFL-speak for “free.” But before the Dobbs deal Tuesday, the Vikings allegedly wanted the services of another veteran passer — Jacoby Brissett.

Per SI.com’s Albert Breer, a handful of clubs inquired about the Commanders passer: “The Commanders have taken calls on backup QB Jacoby Brissett, but the price has been prohibitive for other teams — they’ve asked for a Day 2 pick. We’ll see if the price comes down with Josh Dobbs going for a late-round pick swap.”

Shortly after, The Athletic’s Dianna Russini confirmed Minnesota was in the mix, “The Vikings looked into this yesterday before they traded for Dobbs.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/top_news/wanted-different-qb?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I wouldn’t have done a 3rd for J Brissett but don’t fault the commanders putting that price tag either

• Like 2

Dobbs' first few plays in Atlanta were a bit rockier for the former Rocky Topper (Tennessee QB for those not from the South). He was sacked in the end zone for a safety on his first series and lost a fumble while scrambling out of the pocket to end his next series. He followed with the touchdown drive before halftime but then lost another fumble during a sack to end Minnesota's first possession of the third quarter.

Dobbs' finished 20-of-30 with 158 yards and two touchdowns, good for a passer rating of 101.8. He also led Minnesota in rushing yards with 66 on seven runs. The mobility helped Minnesota's run game get going in the second half.

https://www.vikings.com/news/falcons-game-observations-dobbs-winning-drive

Joshua Dobbs accounted for three TDs for two different teams in back-to-back games, throwing for two TDs and rushing for one in each.

The first came in Week 8 for the Cardinals in their loss to the Ravens, and the second came on Sunday in the Vikings’ win over the Falcons.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-week-9-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

Dobbs: "No, that play (winning td pass with 22 seconds left) was in the playbook, was in our red zone install for this week. It was my first time repping the play, but you know I told the coaches, they're asking me my comfort level with everything in the playbook, and how I felt leading up to the game, if something were to happen. I said, 'anything on this call sheet we installed this week, I got it. I got it, I can run it, I got it. Whether it's no huddle, whether it's tempo, whether it's a game playing call, whatever it is, I got it.'"

vikings.com

• Like 4