Dobbs to Vikings

The Gnat

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

Well, definitely not now.

The Lions would not have traded Teddy to The Vikings to help their only rival for their division's championship for anything less than a 1st-Rounder or Danielle (EG it wouldn't have happened).  A 6th for Dobbs and a 7th is no problem for me, given that Dobbs is a good insurance policy in case Hall needs more time to become adequate in picking up the system and moving the offence enough to score a decent amount enough to win games against the middling-level teams we'll be playing, and keep us in the games against The Lions.

Edited by Robb_K
  • Like 1

I think Dobbs is an OK move.   He's experienced enough due to years in the league.   Upside is maybe Geno Smith with this WR corps and OLine.  Downside is?  He may not make the ractive roster?  

I'm still in favor of letting Hall run the show, unless Mullens is really healthy and takes command. 

Pretty lack luster move, but it is ok, he is better than Mullens I feel no question.  But honestly I want to see what Hall can do, especially if they start losing.  If they can compete and win Dobbs should be in.  Solid move, did not give up a high pick either...

It is Dobbs best season of his career currently, will be interesting how he does here but sure he will pick it up and he is obviously one of the smartest QBs in the NFL majoring in aerospace engineering in college!

• Like 2

Dobbs majored in aerospace engineering during his time at the University of Tennessee. The university presented him with the 2017 Torchbearer Award, the highest honor for an undergraduate student, which recognizes accomplishments in the community and academics. Dobbs was heralded as possessing a perfect 4.0 grade point average and being named to the Southeastern Conference Academic Honor Roll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Dobbs

ok, so he's a smartie, that's obvious. is his football IQ up there too, does he process on field info quickly?

i'd say he's an addition to the QB room whether he plays or not, and that could be a large asset noticed by KOC.

good move, he can only help. by how much is yet to be seen.

I am OK with this move.   Not excited, but OK.    It's an obvious downgrade from Cousins, but an obvious upgrade for what we had behind Cousins.   With Dobbs background and his intelligence level.  I could see him starting this week against Atlanta.   He's done it before.   Arizona was not a perfect opportunity for Dobbs as he had absolutely nothing around him to work with, yet he managed.   He just got handed the keys to a Ferrari.   Let's see what he can do with it.  

My prediction this week is Hall starts the game, struggles, gets pulled to start the 2nd half and Dobbs brings us home the W.  

23 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

I am OK with this move.   Not excited, but OK.    It's an obvious downgrade from Cousins, but an obvious upgrade for what we had behind Cousins.   With Dobbs background and his intelligence level.  I could see him starting this week against Atlanta.   He's done it before.   Arizona was not a perfect opportunity for Dobbs as he had absolutely nothing around him to work with, yet he managed.   He just got handed the keys to a Ferrari.   Let's see what he can do with it.  

My prediction this week is Hall starts the game, struggles, gets pulled to start the 2nd half and Dobbs brings us home the W.  

You think Dobbs is going to be able to run the plays with, checks calendar, 4 days of prep?

I accidentally posted on the other thread. In any case, I was very upset after hearing about the Dobbs trade but this thread has made me feel a little better. That said, I AM Very concerned that this 'competing for a starting job' and 'place holder' situation will deter Jefferson from extending with the Vikes. Is there reason to be concerned that Jefferson might want to see other options w/o a bonafide starting QB?  Honest question, I need opinions from real Vikes fans