Dobbs to Vikings

The Gnat

10 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Creed's 99' hit "higher" getting memed to hell in the year of our Lord 2023 wasn't anywhere on my bingo card 

I’m just happy we’re all here to enjoy it together. The vibes are off the charts.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 3

KOC: "Yeah, I think it’s just looking back in the week, going off of last week’s game and knowing and time spent with Josh, watching him with our coaches, our offense. I think he had a fantastic week of practice, Wednesday and Friday, you would have thought he had been in our offense a lot longer than just the previous five days leading into last week’s game."

"He attacked the game plan, how we prepare our guys, how we teach them about, you know, coverages and fronts and pressures and what we’re trying to attack. And he handled a full game plan today. And it was Josh Dobbs out there playing quarterback. And we saw it again today with game-changing plays with his athleticism were, really, a defining thing to kind of fill some or the gaps for us offensively in the first half. And I just can’t say enough about, you know, his last two performances to be 2-0 with him and so much room for us all to improve. It’s what I’m excited about the most.”

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-kevin-oconnell-quotes-josh-dobbs-dj-wonnum-kirk-cousins/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0UhqtlqV88Lq_QOTcIUof24fvUwM9ClcXTxKr5vrFJ52G01pSXyyN5utI

• Like 1

Just now, viking said:

Dobbs was slinging it - multiple occasions where he passed the ball deep down the field even when there was an easy check down

Now what's going to happen when Jefferson starts pulling all of the attention that Addison and Hock have been getting? This offense could get really really fun.

• Like 2

He's playing well that it feels like nitpicking, but he's just missing on some tight window throws where the ball is just behind or a little too inside.  Hopefully he continues to make strides in this area as he gets more used to his receivers, but there's still some hidden yardage and big plays that can be unlocked in this offense.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RpMc said:

He's playing well that it feels like nitpicking, but he's just missing on some tight window throws where the ball is just behind or a little too inside.  Hopefully he continues to make strides in this area as he gets more used to his receivers, but there's still some hidden yardage and big plays that can be unlocked in this offense.

Have we been spoiled though watching Cousins make those throws the past year or so? I certainly expect a decline in raw passing stats with Dobbs in there but there are certainly some other intangibles that Dobbs brings to the table.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Have we been spoiled though watching Cousins make those throws the past year or so? I certainly expect a decline in raw passing stats with Dobbs in but there are certainly some other intangibles that Dobbs brings to the table.

Maybe spoiled, but they are still throws I'd expect an NFL caliber quarterback to make.  A lot of the passes the Saints got hands on yesterday were slightly off in order to allow the Saints players to make some really good plays.

Again, it's certainly nitpicking because, in general, Dobbs is playing some really good football.  Just highlighting areas I'd like to see another jump made, because I'm thoroughly enjoying watching him, and this offense, right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Maybe spoiled, but they are still throws I'd expect an NFL caliber quarterback to make.  A lot of the passes the Saints got hands on yesterday were slightly off in order to allow the Saints players to make some really good plays.

Again, it's certainly nitpicking because, in general, Dobbs is playing some really good football.  Just highlighting areas I'd like to see another jump made, because I'm thoroughly enjoying watching him, and this offense, right now.

Oh I’m not complaining. Curious to see how much of a drop we can expect in Jefferson’s production. Seems Dobbs is super focused on Hockenson but he’s also been the best receiver with Jefferson out so it’s hard to know what this offense looks like with Jefferson.

I’m more concerned about how to get the run game at least respectable. Seems they did some nice things with Chandler, hopefully they build on that.

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I think those windows likely get a little bigger with JJ back in the fold. KO's ability to scheme guys open and JJs ability to separate should take the passing game to another level.

There's also some give and take - Kirk hung in the pocket until the last possible moment to let guys break open, whereas Dobbs will see a lane and take it before the receivers are out of their breaks. Two different styles of play, but hopefully Dobbs' escapability is a compliment going into the rest of the season rather than a feature of the offense.

• Like 2