HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

According to Hondo Ziegler didn't want Jimmy, JMD did. My GM

Read this as well. Said it was a terrible idea to sign him. Mark must have decided him signing off on it was worth losing his job I guess. He also said there were 10 instances where they didn't see eye to eye. More to come. 

Ziegler didn't have many wins, but certainly odd to see a GM fired midseason. Stop hiring yes men for your coaches I guess. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden was settled behind closed doors. Not paying him any longer is what I've gathered.

Regardless paying the last two HC/GM's 150M for the absolute **** product they produced over the last 5 seasons is a sure fire way for Davis to be forced to sell equity in the team if this trend continues. 

17 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm sure JM is at home counting the millions he just fleeced from Lloyd Christmas which makes me sick on multiple levels....

Just fact we paid that fool millions to put up such an embarrassing brand of football is sickening.  

Al wouldn’t have paid him, he’d have dusted off the old overhead projector………..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Read this as well. Said it was a terrible idea to sign him. Mark must have decided him signing off on it was worth losing his job I guess. He also said there were 10 instances where they didn't see eye to eye. More to come. 

Ziegler didn't have many wins, but certainly odd to see a GM fired midseason. Stop hiring yes men for your coaches I guess. 

I always quite liked Dave Ziegler, seemed the more based and sensible of the two. He made mistakes for sure but apparently disagreed on a number of things and that was one. I think he could make a pretty decent GM for someone in time if he can distance himself from McDaniels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1722093489939271723?s=20

Mcdaniels traded Peyton Hillis because he suspected his wife was attracted to him

Mcdaniels also told the Broncos team after trading Jay Cutler that he could turn a HS QB into a NFL All-Pro

JMD having one of the worst weeks of press for an individual ever lmao. 

10 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1722093489939271723?s=20

Mcdaniels traded Peyton Hillis because he suspected his wife was attracted to him

Mcdaniels also told the Broncos team after trading Jay Cutler that he could turn a HS QB into a NFL All-Pro

Obviously the reverse is true too, as he turned Jimmy Garoppolo from an NFL QB into a high school QB.

• Like 6

On 11/8/2023 at 12:44 AM, Darbsk said:

I always quite liked Dave Ziegler, seemed the more based and sensible of the two. He made mistakes for sure but apparently disagreed on a number of things and that was one. I think he could make a pretty decent GM for someone in time if he can distance himself from McDaniels.

I don't give a c**p about him being more based and sensible of the two. The guy either was responsible for all these stupid moves, or he willingly accepted to be a yes-man to McDaniels. Guys like that are useless and the reason why the Raiders have been a sh*tshow for years.

As for his future, he has made his money but both scenario's basically will ensure that he will never get a shot as a GM again imo.