HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

The selection of Antonio Pierce to be HC is puzzling at face value  but he’s probably very liked by the players and a high energy guy.  It also allows the coordinators like Patrick Graham to stay in their roles and concentrate on keeping the defense performing above expectations.  

the main existing problem I see Is mick Lombardi wasnt qualified to be a “OC” they didn’t call plays and we will see no improvements on offense if he takes over the offense.  The guys a flunkey of JMD and incompetent.  I don’t know anything about Scott Turner our passing game coordinator should be the guy to take over the offense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I have zero faith in Mark Davis picking coaches. Zero. Personally I want the Lions OC. Seems like a leader and has a good scheme. 

Doesn’t he always hire consultants to help him? My fear is with him owing JMD 10m/yr for 4 more years…. It was reported JMD signed a 6yr not 4yr deal… he’s going to want to not spend a lot of money on a HC.  But that could turn out to be a good thing, If he goes the route of a Ben Johnson type (just an initial candidate option, not someone in endorsing… I need time to do my research) and get a young coordinator from another team.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah Champ Kelly is a hack that can kick rocks too. Just another Xanders/McIdiot guy. 

I’m not a big fan of the guy either.  But now that he’s GM, the hope should be he’s hired by another team to be their GM so we get a 3rd round compensatory pick in ‘24 and ‘25 (in order after all free agent comp picks) if he’s hired by another team.  That way he’s off our team and we get two late day 2 picks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Davis doesn't give an F about money. Respect.

Anyone with a brain could see that the financials weren’t an issue here. But for some reason that became a heavy narrative in the media.

It has proven to be an incredibly costly mistake by Mark Davis, but it is the correct decision.

I did think he would pull the plug eventually this season, in spite of our reporters feeling that McDaniels was safe (95% chance he keeps his job, Hondo?!?!?) - but genuinely surprised it’s happened this early.

Fair play to Mark. Now you need to get the next one right, and don’t go with a guy that 90% of fans know is the wrong decision to begin with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Davis doesn't give an F about money. Respect.

Okay I have got to ask this question as an outsider. What kind of crack must you be on to sign this guy to a six year contract? I mean, I have got to imagine that's equivalent to the feeling of a life term in Prison (obviously not literally)

35 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I just want to add: LVR best reporters getting lapped by the national media AGAIN.

Yep.

Not even just lapped, but even this week they were wildly off-base on expectations for this staff. Less than 48 hours ago we had the "reliable" Hondo saying there was a 5% chance they lose their jobs this year. Vic & Tashan have constantly rebutted anyone suggesting that JM/DZ would be fired.

It's one thing I actually still respect about our organization, in that we don't really have any serious leaks at the top level. Nobody in the public or media really seems to know much until something actually happens. Everything comes as a surprise - hiring these idiots was a surprise that came out of nowhere, trading for Adams & Jones was the same, and now we've fired the same idiots while everyone "close" to the team knew nothing. It's a small thing, but at least Mark still runs a tight ship in that sense. It might be a ship that's falling apart in many other ways, but at least people can keep their mouths shut.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 3

Needless to say.....GTFOH! Josh mcdummy,mcdoofus mcdingleberry!! Yes, I’m curious about how the offense looks this week (aoc at qb plz) and how they perform. So relieved MD sent him packing, I didn’t hate zigs, but it was a package deal so......moving on now. Yes harbaugh, yes Johnson and go from there. Best news I’ve read in awhile, I honestly at first when I saw the thread though it was a Halloween prank, thank the lord doesn’t quantify for me. Hated the hiring from jump. 🤬🤮🤬🤮

• Like 1