Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Scar would laugh at us all if BB turns Ridder into an all-time great QB.

I absolutely would.

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

If the Falcons can hire Bill Belichik and sign Kirk Cousins, they could actually be legit.

I wouldn't mind that. Depending on what Cousins' ankle/achilles' looks like.

Belichick to Atlanta makes a ton of sense. The team has talent on both sides of the ball. They also have options when it comes to getting a QB. They can sign Cousins or Russ or package some picks and trade up in the draft. Division is *** to,  9 wins is all it would take to win the south next year. 

Just now, game3525 said:

Belichick to Atlanta makes a ton of sense. The team has talent on both sides of the ball. They also have options when it comes to getting a QB. They can sign Cousins or Russ or package some picks and trade up in the draft. Division is *** to,  9 wins is all it would take to win the south next year. 

I only worry because Belichick is hardly known for overseeing some innovative offensive system. If he insists that that side of the ball be handled by one of his cronies, then...

Maybe McDaniels could do the job, but would Falcons fans like that?

He'll coach up the defense but you can't win with that alone in today's NFL. We all know about Atlanta's exciting pieces on offense, but should a BB staff really be trusted to handle them better than Arthur Smith (don't answer that, I just read it and it sounds ridiculous)?

Just now, notthatbluestuff said:

I only worry because Belichick is hardly known for overseeing some innovative offensive system. If he insists that that side of the ball be handled by one of his cronies, then...

He'll coach up the defense but you can't win with that alone in today's NFL. We all know about Atlanta's exciting pieces on offense, but should a BB staff really be trusted to handle them better than Arthur Smith (don't answer that, I just read it and it sounds ridiculous)?

Maybe Shane Waldron?

4 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Fixing QB is imperative. But at the same time, REALLY need a guy at OC. MAybe Shane Waldron?

7 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I think McDaniels would be fine. He is a terrible HC, but a good OC. The Pats offense in 2021 was pretty good (9th in DVOA  and 6th in scoring) and Atlanta probably has a better collection of offensive talent then that Patriots team did. Question will be QB, if they can get someone competent then they should be fine. 

12 minutes ago, game3525 said:

I think McDaniels would be fine. He is a terrible HC, but a good OC. The Pats offense in 2021 was pretty good (9th in DVOA  and 6th in scoring) and Atlanta probably has a better collection of offensive talent then that Patriots team did. Question will be QB, if they can get someone competent then they should be fine. 

McDaniels is very good at OC. Problem with him is a lot of other outside stuff like when he went to try and coach for DEN or IND or LV.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why do people think Shane Waldron is good?

I don't think he's good or bad. I think he's an option. I haven't seen enough either way to judge him.

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Belichick should send them the highlights of the 28-3 comeback and let them know they can view that if they've still got questions.

Making the GOAT take a second interview is absurd. What an incompetent organization

It's incompetence to have him see if he'll mesh well with the GM and CEO after having a 1-on-1 with Arthur Blank? Do you even know how organizations should be run? The density of your skull knows no bounds.

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

It's incompetence to have him see if he'll mesh well with the GM and CEO after having a 1-on-1 with Arthur Blank? Do you even know how organizations should be run? The density of your skull knows no bounds.

It's incompetence to not schedule it all on the same day.

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

The density of your skull knows no bounds.

I very rarely laugh out loud at posts, but this was too precious. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Soko said:

It’d be both hilarious and evil if Bill took this job and then brought Patricia back as his offensive playcaller.

That would be god awful  it better be BB + McDaniels as a combo package.  McDaniels is a garbage HC but he is a great OC. 

30 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

That would be god awful  it better be BB + McDaniels as a combo package.  McDaniels is a garbage HC but he is a great OC. 

I'm curious to how McDaniels sees himself. He's had multiple tries at HC and each time comes crawling back to OC for Bill. That's gotta make him feel some type of way; unable to produce in the NFL without daddy watching over him.