Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

I'm gonna start the BB to GB rumors. Afterall, he did have this to say about GB (during joint practices). And his strengths and weaknesses pair perfectly with GBs to cover everything.

“They’re the oldest franchise in the league,” said Belichick. “Going all the way back to Lambeau and starting the team, and all the success they had with Hutson, Hinkle, Isbell, all those guys, Lombardi, and then most recently with Favre and Rodgers.

Now Matt, his first three years here and double digit wins every year, so it’s a great program. A lot of history to the game here. The third oldest sporting field, behind Fenway and Wrigley. So, it’s very moving to walk out of the locker room, down onto the field and think about all the great, great players that have done that, and coaches have done that through the years. So great part of football, great part of tradition. I’m honored to be part of it and be here.”

21 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

People grossly overrated Hoodies appeal. Too many red flags, and people were talking about the pats getting a pick from him lol

Yeah. I give credit where credit is due, Belly is a HoF HC.

However, he seemingly lost his fastball the last few years, signed off on bad draft picks and bad FA signings and couldn't get his own staff situated correctly - he had to bring in his batch of failed HCs to run the show vs bringing in new blood. Mayo and Steve B seem to be the exception, and Steve was woefully underqualified.

If you look at the prevailing trends in football, it seems like Belly is behind the times. I can't see his "Patriot Way/Do Your Job" mantra really working much longer - and especially without the Lombardis in the lobby.

• Like 4

Since the Seahawks & Commanders haven't hired coaches yet, guessing MacDonald to Seattle & Johnson to Washington? 

Belichek, Vrabel, Quinn, Glenn, Wilks, Slowik, & Joe Brady could become top candidates for next season 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

belichick to kc if reid retires basically or tv and maybe considers a hc job if the right one comes available

not 100% worth ruling out bb in washington dc but put it at 2% chance of happening over ben johnson at this point

Belicheck on TV would actually be great - not as jovial as Peyton/Eli, but he's an absolute historian of the game, could marry up the past concepts with newer analytics. His dry delivery would sit well with me, just a no-nonsense show about the game. 

Trying to get him to go the route of the Mannings or McAfee wouldn't work out. Let him be the dignified historian teaching the social media generation about the game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Since the Seahawks & Commanders haven't hired coaches yet, guessing MacDonald to Seattle & Johnson to Washington? 

Belichek, Vrabel, Quinn, Glenn, Wilks, Slowik, & Joe Brady could become top candidates for next season 

I think there are far better candidates this cycle but I’m guessing it’s Quinn in SEA.   Loyalty / history hire.  

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 9:49 AM, scar988 said:

Also, if you owned an NFL team, would you not go down to the sidelines and watch the game from there during the 4th quarter? Why should he have to stay in the owner's box? He owns the damn stadium.

That's a damn shame considering the taxpayers in Georgia paid $700M towards it. It should at least be some kind of a time share.

5 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Plus apparently he wants to bring with him McDaniels, Patricia and Judge (lol at those names).

If I was a GM, I wouldn't mind him bringing in Patricia and Judge as long as it was for DC and ST, respectively.  But I wouldn't want McDaniels at all. He's only good with Tom Brady. Everybody forgets that he was OC in St. Louis, and their offense wasn't that great.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

belichick to kc if reid retires basically or tv ...

The last thing I want to see is Belichick latching onto another Tom Brady and winning five or six more Super Bowls. LOL

TV? Nobody wants to see him on the screen mumbling. The perfect non-coaching job for him would be executive producer of a show about football history (which he is passionate about). I would watch every second of every episode of that. But he would have to hire a host and stay away from the camera.

Edited by Mr.UFO

Dave Canales is a surprise, especially being hired before Belichick, Vrabel, Carroll, Ben Johnson, etc. It's like when a draft prospect you never or barely heard of gets taken before a player you have going in the first round.

Edited by Mr.UFO

7 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

The perfect non-coaching job for him would be executive producer of a show about football history (which he is passionate about). I would watch every second of every episode of that.

i dont disagree although the mumbling is exaggerated by your post. it is a side show to his act as a hc whereas general tv commentary he has shown to be affable