Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Imagine if Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan said we don’t want to take the 49ers and chiefs jobs. Both were 2-14 dumpster Fires with no QB on the roster when they got hired.

It has more to do with front office/ownership.

They are new and they are going to micromanage that next coach unless it's established coach

Horrid place for young HC to start. 

there is going to be some issues with that next HC unless he's been around and can handle that new regime of leadership above 

14 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I just don’t think these OCs wanna be in Wash or Seattle. I think they look at Seattle like the mini pats with Pete running things. Wash is just a huge unknown with the head guys. They’re probably waiting for a better opening with an established QB. Maybe they don’t believe in May to be that guy and I don’t trust Geno. Honestly that Ravens D guy might be a home run but at the same time what Staley did in LA might be a turn off. Pretty crazy turn of events. 

This job isn’t like Josh Harris is a huge unknown.  He owns two other professional sports franchises on the east coast.  He got the big name as a potential GM for the past two years to take the role overseeing all aspects of football operations in Adam Peters.  

As I’ve been trying to tell folks in the Commanders forum who are jumping off a bridge, there is more to being an NFL head coach than having a great offensive system.  There is the full leadership and culture building aspect to things.  Perhaps it was found out in this interview process that some of the young, offensive minds don’t have those abilities and capabilities (yet?) of being an NFL head coach.  

Yeah, Dan Quinn is going to be a letdown from Johnson.  But from what I’ve seen a little bit, there was a lot of speculation on how Johnson fit into the Lions dynamic with two big Alpha guys in Campbell and Glenn in the room.  That’s why they also interviewed Aaron Glenn, and why I think they also interviewed Weaver in addition to MacDonald from Baltimore.  Additionally, a survey of over 700 players had Aaron Glenn ranked #1 as the coordinator who players wanted to play for.  

I will happily take MacDonald or Glenn at this point.  

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

We can make our jokes about Jeremy Springer, yes - but it occurs to me that many younger fans wouldn't get the reference at all.

I just had an employee tell me she didn’t know what MS Dos was, nor has she seen anything Austin Powers related.  

We’re getting old here.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This job isn’t like Josh Harris is a huge unknown.  He owns two other professional sports franchises on the east coast.  He got the big name as a potential GM for the past two years to take the role overseeing all aspects of football operations in Adam Peters.  

As I’ve been trying to tell folks in the Commanders forum who are jumping off a bridge, there is more to being an NFL head coach than having a great offensive system.  There is the full leadership and culture building aspect to things.  Perhaps it was found out in this interview process that some of the young, offensive minds don’t have those abilities and capabilities (yet?) of being an NFL head coach.  

Yeah, Dan Quinn is going to be a letdown from Johnson.  But from what I’ve seen a little bit, there was a lot of speculation on how Johnson fit into the Lions dynamic with two big Alpha guys in Campbell and Glenn in the room.  That’s why they also interviewed Aaron Glenn, and why I think they also interviewed Weaver in addition to MacDonald from Baltimore.  Additionally, a survey of over 700 players had Aaron Glenn ranked #1 as the coordinator who players wanted to play for.  

I will happily take MacDonald or Glenn at this point.  

MacDonald or Quinn or Glenn would all be fantastic hires. Quinn knows how to set up a culture and knows how to win games. His biggest issues in Atlanta year by year:

2015 - first year, went 8-8, after a collapse from 5-0. Didn't know how to adjust

2016 - Went to SB (successful year)

2017 - still made the playoffs, but made mistake in not just promoting Matt LaFleur

2018 - injuries on defense killed the team

2019 - injuries on defense again, new scheme with Koetter was bad.

2020 - Team stopped buying into his message.

51 minutes ago, scar988 said:

MacDonald or Quinn or Glenn would all be fantastic hires. Quinn knows how to set up a culture and knows how to win games. His biggest issues in Atlanta year by year:

2015 - first year, went 8-8, after a collapse from 5-0. Didn't know how to adjust

2016 - Went to SB (successful year)

2017 - still made the playoffs, but made mistake in not just promoting Matt LaFleur

2018 - injuries on defense killed the team

2019 - injuries on defense again, new scheme with Koetter was bad.

2020 - Team stopped buying into his message.

So, he had one good year, struggled to adjust, made poor coordinator hiring decisions, and the team stopped buying into his message... but other than that he's great?

Yep, if you take out all the bad stuff, he's a really good head coach.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

So, he had one good year, struggled to adjust, made poor coordinator hiring decisions, and the team stopped buying into his message... but other than that he's great?

Yep, if you take out all the bad stuff, he's a really good head coach.

He had 3 solid years. 2 years where injuries decimated the defense and then the team was like, naw, we're over him.