2023 - The Second Half

vike daddy

It's probably past time to bench Mullens for the final two games.  If it were me making decisions (and, it's probably a good thing I am not) I would start Hall, backed up by Dobbs, and make Mullens the emergency QB. Can we agree that the Vikings should and will say goodbye to Dobbs and Mullens?

However you and yours celebrate the holidays, I wish my fellow longboaters joy and peace!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

Can we agree that the Vikings should and will say goodbye to Dobbs and Mullens?

I don't know about that. Realistically, there are only a handful of quality, competent QB2's out there. I honestly won't be surprised if Mullens is back next year. Maybe he's our Practice Squad/Emergency guy. But if we resign Kirk and don't draft a QB, I don't see an upgrade out there. 

Dustin Baker@DustBaker

Vikings Playoff Probability, Rest of the Way:

Lose DET | Beat GB | Beat DET = 99%
Lose DET | Beat GB | Lose DET = 42%
Lose DET | Lose GB | Beat DET = 26%
Lose DET | Lose GB | Lose DET = 0.5%

so we're at these odds now. other than it matters what others team did this weekend, and this ia paste from last week's odds.

19 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't know about that. Realistically, there are only a handful of quality, competent QB2's out there. I honestly won't be surprised if Mullens is back next year. Maybe he's our Practice Squad/Emergency guy. But if we resign Kirk and don't draft a QB, I don't see an upgrade out there. 

There has to be a better backup out there. Even someone who wants to manage the game and not try and win the game every play. We need a backup QB who values protecting the ball and making good decisions not throwing up 5-6 interception worthy passes every week. 

18 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Dustin Baker@DustBaker

Vikings Playoff Probability, Rest of the Way:

Lose DET | Beat GB | Beat DET = 99%
Lose DET | Beat GB | Lose DET = 42%
Lose DET | Lose GB | Beat DET = 26%
Lose DET | Lose GB | Lose DET = 0.5%

so we're at these odds now. other than it matters what others team did this weekend, and this ia paste from last week's odds.

Detroit is still in the hunt for a top two seed, correct? So probably no reason yet for them to rest starters. 

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Sean Mannion to the practice squad? Seems like he’s always got a job here in some capacity. 

He's in Seattle now...I'd have to imagine he'll be staying there for some time.  I imagine he has some sort of express travel discount to travel between Minnesota and Seattle, but I think that's expiring now.  😉

On 12/26/2023 at 8:45 AM, swede700 said:

Jaren Hall will, in all likelihood, be the primary backup next year.  And if they draft a QB early, there is no other real need to bring in anyone else. 

I could definitely see this happening, which is why I'd like to see Hall start these last 2 games.

Dobbs is a FA and Mullens has $375k in dead money with $1.9M in cap savings if he's cut.

You can't have your back up QB throwing 6 INTs across 2 starts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

I could definitely see this happening, which is why I'd like to see Hall start these last 2 games.

Dobbs is a FA and Mullens has $375k in dead money with $1.9M in cap savings if he's cut.

You can't have your back up QB throwing 6 INTs across 2 starts.

6 interceptions is kind of lucky too. There were multiple others that really should have been picked as well. 

• Like 3

On 12/26/2023 at 9:56 AM, swede700 said:

He's in Seattle now...I'd have to imagine he'll be staying there for some time.  I imagine he has some sort of express travel discount to travel between Minnesota and Seattle, but I think that's expiring now.  😉

It'll be fun when we get into a bidding war with Seattle for Mannion to be the QB coach 😆

The Vikings’ season isn’t dead yet. Minnesota’s one big hope is to topple the Packers and Lions in Weeks 17 and 18 while getting proverbial “help” from other teams. Minnesota needs one of these four games to result in a single Rams or Seahawks loss, with Minnesota, of course, defeating the Packers and Lions:

Week 17:
Los Angeles Rams at New York Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers at Seattle Seahawks

Week 18:
Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals

The interesting part, especially pertaining to Vikings-Packers this weekend — the exact scenario applies to the Packers.

Green Bay must defeat the Vikings, beat the Chicago Bears at Lambeau Field, and then request a single loss from the Rams or the Seahawks in their next four total games. An easy way to think about it? Take the Vikings’ playoff criteria and duplicate it for the Packers.

That is — Vikings and Packers fans are in the same boat, cheering for their team to win in Weeks 17 and 18. Meanwhile and thereafter, Vikings and Packers faithful want the same thing: One solo loss from Los Angeles or Seattle.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/packers-in-exact?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook