@ Denver
Da Bearz (Monday night)
--bye--
@ Las Vegas
@ Bengals
Lions x1 (Christmas Eve morning)
Packers (New Years Eve)
@ Lions x2

what's doable, gents? Hard to say without knowing our QB ability presently, but we look to be in good shape.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I still think they win 4 of the next 5 and are in the playoffs.

i think so too. and i think the cohesive team culture that we established will carry a lot of weight as the season goes on. heck, even Kirko will be on the sideline eventually with an ear set listening in on game days and attending meetings.

not that it wins us games, but i think the whole NFL fanbase will be rooting for us, outside of Lions fans.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

If the defense can continue their current trajectory (or just stay level with where they're at), the team has a chance to be in every game.  Then it just comes down to offensive execution.  We have the weapons and pass pro currently for a pretty prolific passing game.  Either Hall or Dobbs have a better ability to extend plays than Cousins does (although Cousins was masterful the last two weeks moving in/around the pocket ala someone like Tom Brady).  I'd like to see their mobility used in a way that opens up the run game for Mattison/Akers.

I want to see our QBs continue to make match up decisions on where the ball should go.  No Randy Ratio or Justin Juxtaposition; although, Addison showing what he's able to do will likely take some of the double team attention away from JJ when he comes back (and it sounds like that will be sooner rather than later).

Playoffs would be nice, but I want to see continued growth and development from the young guys on defense (Roy, Blackmon, Mettellus, Bynum, Pace... maybe Cine carves out a role).  This isn't a super bowl year in all likelihood, but the circumstances (Jefferson injury and now Cousins) provide for an opportunity for players to step into new/bigger roles on the field and off the field as leaders.

• Like 5

I am most interested in the scheming job that O'Connell needs to do. If the Vikings finish with a winning record, we know that we got a good coach. 

I'm really interested in seeing Hall and/or Dobbs at QB.  I want Kirk back next season. That said, I don't know why, but I have a good feeling that the offense is going to be okay. Both are threats to run, and if I were KOC, I would encourage them to take off when they see opportunity. It's going to be different without Kirk, but I am expecting them to finish with 9 or 10 wins.

If they do, O'Connell should win coach of the year. 

Edited by Captain Relax
  • Like 1

The biggest games for us besides the division games look like Atlanta and New Orleans. We pretty much have to beat them to have any shot at the playoffs.

Even if you consider Denver, LV, GB and Chicago as easy wins for us, we still need to pick up these games to likely get the 7th seed.

I'm still remaining optimistic with this approach. If Kirk was healthy, I'd feel confident that we could win the division.

• Like 3