2023 - The Second Half

vike daddy

Last season was fun, but with the improved defense, Dobbs and Hall's mobility (even as Cousins was having a Brady like season) being an X factor, really good depth at multiple key positions...I feel more excited about this team than I have in quite awhile. I don't know how far they go this year,  but a good draft and key re-signings, 2024 could be magic!!

• Like 4

First, we're sitting at 2-0 in the division and barring 8 more significant injuries, I hope we finish at least 5-1.   If the Vikes sweep the division?  😲

Second, that Denver game feels eery, so lace'em up tight!  If the Vikes can finish 5-3 or better, I'll be dancing a jig!!  If they finish 7-1, the defense and O-Line will prove utterly dominating - a basic requirement going forward.

Sure, other teams will figure things out and strategize . . . Will it be too much for the Vikes to continue winning?   KOC and Flores need to keep evolving and the players need to keep rolling.

Speaking of coaches . . . I'd like to give a major shout out to Keenan McCardell!!! 💯   He has these WRs in total production mode . . . Plug and play anyone, anywhere.   Randy Ratio application to JJ?    Nah, we got Powell and Addison.   KJ gets his bell rung?  Yo Jackson - go do something good!!!  TJ?  Ham?  Who's open . . . Catch the ball🙌.  

Each of us knows to temper our emotions . . . There's an air about this team, a building confidence.   It's going to be an exciting 2nd half. 

• Like 6

I'm impressed with how they are coming back from these big emotional games and not having let downs. 

Also I don't know why people are so dismissive of having a decent backup QB. A lot of the Vikings best seasons were with backup QBs. We'll see how these backups take us this year

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm impressed with how they are coming back from these big emotional games and not having let downs. 

Also I don't know why people are so dismissive of having a decent backup QB. A lot of the Vikings best seasons were with backup QBs. We'll see how these backups take us this year

Doesn’t it often happen by luck, having a good backup? You certainly don’t see teams with established QBs spending money on one. Dobbs was never acquired to be a backup and if Cousins didn’t get hurt, they don’t make that trade. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Doesn’t it often happen by luck, having a good backup? You certainly don’t see teams with established QBs spending money on one. Dobbs was never acquired to be a backup and if Cousins didn’t get hurt, they don’t make that trade. 

Respectfully disagree. I do think they wanted to see what they had in Jaren Hall and Dobbs would have been a backup with starting experience that would have been a solid choice to replace Hall had Hall been bad.  It just unfortunately wasn't in the cards for Hall and Dobbs turned his opportunity into something extremely unlikely and unexpected

• Like 2