2023 - The Second Half

vike daddy

Anybody else get the feeling this year could be like 2012 when the Vikes played GB last week of the season and the turned around and played them in the wildcard . . . With Joe Webb at QB?

This could literally come down to the Vikes-Lions in Week 17 and the 2-minute warning.  When we win it, we turn around and host the Lions in the Wildcard.  Wouldn't that be something?🤔

46 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Anybody else get the feeling this year could be like 2012 when the Vikes played GB last week of the season and the turned around and played them in the wildcard . . . With Joe Webb at QB?

This could literally come down to the Vikes-Lions in Week 17 and the 2-minute warning.  When we win it, we turn around and host the Lions in the Wildcard.  Wouldn't that be something?🤔

I'd love it!  Especially if we'd win the playoff game, too.  Then J.J. won't feel bad about being out for so many games.

On 11/24/2023 at 11:22 PM, ArcticNorseman said:

I don't really get that feeling.  Ultimately, I have the feeling that they'll end up playing SF in the first round...and I'd have to think the 49ers would be kinda upset at how they played the Vikings last time.  

10 hours ago, swede700 said:

I don't really get that feeling.  Ultimately, I have the feeling that they'll end up playing SF in the first round...and I'd have to think the 49ers would be kinda upset at how they played the Vikings last time.  

I'm thinking the Vikes host a WC as the NFC Dividion Champs.  Might have to travel to Sa Fran in the divisional round. 

This is it - the time of year I LOVE football.  It's always exciting, but the final four weeks of the season are riveting.   In the NFC, San Fran is looking like a future #1 seed, unfortunately.   With them beating Philly, and Philly having to play at Dallas, both could wind up 14-3.   Dallas could wind up 13-4 by beating the Eagles and Lions at home, but I expect them to lose on the road to Miami, maybe Buffalo.    If they don't though, what a logjam!  

The Lions could lose 3 games dropping them to 11-6 . . . Same record the Vikes could end up with.   If that happens, we repeat as NFC North Champs and host a payoff game.  

Being the #3 vs #6 seed's a big deal.   Obviously, making the playoffs would be a huge accomplishment.   Winning a couple games, would be awesome.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

The Lions could lose 3 games dropping them to 11-6 . . . Same record the Vikes could end up with.   If that happens, we repeat as NFC North Champs and host a payoff game.  

sounds great. however, every star would have to align. and that's a lot to wish for.

but hey, who knows...?

DIVISION LEADERS
1. Eagles (10-2): Still atop the conference despite their loss to the 49ers.

2. 49ers (9-3): Big win Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia.

3. Lions (9-3): Held on for a big win over the Saints.

4. Falcons (6-6): A one-game lead in the NFC South.

WILD CARDS
5. Cowboys (9-3): The clear leaders in the wild card race, but catching the Eagles in the NFC East will be a tall order.

6. Vikings (6-6): Win head-to-head tiebreaker over Packers, and conference tiebreaker over Rams based on NFC record.

7. Packers (6-6): Beat the Rams head-to-head.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
8. Rams (6-6): Own the tiebreaker over the Seahawks based on head-to-head.

9. Seahawks (6-6): Thursday’s loss to the Cowboys was a big one in the wild card race.

10. Buccaneers (5-7): Own the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Saints.

11. Saints (5-7): Sunday’s loss to the Lions was costly.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-playoff-picture-2023-updated-afc-and-nfc-standings-clinching-scenarios-for-week-13