2023 - The Second Half

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I would argue it is the 49ers.

49ers, by far.  As long as they stay healthy, they should be highly favored to win the Super Bowl...let alone get there.  They alone are probably better than any AFC team.  While the AFC is deeper, the 49ers are better. 

Edited by swede700

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

49ers, by far.  As long as they stay healthy, they should be highly favored to win the Super Bowl...let alone get there.  They alone are probably better than any AFC team.  While the AFC is deeper, the 49ers are better. 

We beat them. Handily. The Cousins injury is quickly climbing the list of cursed MN sports moments.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

There isn't a lot evidence that we should take this team seriously after the loss to  Chicago to be honest.

Not that I'm hoping for losses or anything like that, I just have a different mindset going into games is all

Well yes if we stick with the QB that threw several ints. I agree. 

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Well yes if we stick with the QB that threw several ints. I agree. 

I’m not even upset with the ints. Most of them bounced off of receivers’ hands. It’s the missed reads and missed opportunities that concern me more. Fluky bounces are one thing, but missing wide open deep throws out of bounds, or throwing an out route behind an open TE trying to convert a first down are problematic.

Plenty of blame to go around for certain. We’ll have to see how much of a difference Jefferson makes in opening things up for everyone else.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Did we have Justin Jefferson? 

No, but we had an intact OL and were at home.  Either way, that Vikings team and that 49ers team are really different at this point as that 49ers team was far less healthy than they are now (Greenlaw was also just coming off his injury and CMC was also playing injured).

Either way, there's no question in my mind, if both teams were completely healthy, the Vikings still aren't in the 49ers class.  They struck lightning in a bottle, but the 49ers win 8 out of 10 times. 

Just now, swede700 said:

No, but we had an intact OL and were at home.  Either way, that Vikings team and that 49ers team are really different at this point as that 49ers team was far less healthy than they are now (Greenlaw was also just coming off his injury and CMC was also playing injured).

Either way, there's no question in my mind, if both teams were completely healthy, the Vikings still aren't in the 49ers class.  They struck lightning in a bottle, but the 49ers win 8 out of 10 times. 

Cleveland missed that game, and was still the starter at that point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Would it be different if we switched to the other career backup or the 5th round rookie? Would they suddenly be a more serious team?

Ask the 49ers that question with Brock Purdy when he was forced to start as a rookie. Sometimes you just have to take chances. Might be a disaster but who knows at the end of the day. The Vikes were dealt a bad hand this year, just seems strange to me to ride it out with a more proven commodity like Dobbs coming off of some really bad games.  

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Ask the 49ers that question with Brock Purdy when he was forced to start as a rookie. Sometimes you just have to take chances. Might be a disaster but who knows at the end of the day. The Vikes were dealt a bad hand this year, just seems strange to me to ride it out with a more proven commodity like Dobbs coming off of some really bad games.  

That's fair, I preferred Hall, but I get it with Dobbs too.

Re Purdy, that's obviously an outlier and shouldn't be taken as permission to start late round QBs at will (no that's not what you said, but still)

Edited by Dolmonite26
  • Like 1