2023 - The Second Half

vike daddy

It's all about creating a winning culture to me the rest of this season. Finish strong and get into the tournament. Reenforce winning, even (especially?) in adverse or with less than ideal circumstances. 4 teams have to lose every wild card weekend. 18 don't even get a chance to play more football. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

It's all about creating a winning culture to me the rest of this season. Finish strong and get into the tournament. Reenforce winning, even (especially?) in adverse or with less than ideal circumstances. 4 teams have to lose every wild card weekend. 18 don't even get a chance to play more football. 

And if we lose out, 18 won't get a chance to play more football either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

It's all about creating a winning culture to me the rest of this season. Finish strong and get into the tournament.

exactly.

because when you think about it, the other message to the players is: "hey, there's no need to win games now as we'll get a better draft position if we don't, so we can get new college guys and replace some of you."

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

110% agree!

34 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Finish strong, get into the playoffs, and then hope you catch lightning in a bottle. Draft position can be manipulated. Giving players a taste of success cannot.

I don't expect them to do much in the playoffs but I have a lot more confidence in this coaching staff than last years

38 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i think you mean "trend" not "spike."

I think you're missing the point.

(And since I can guarantee you'll bring it up, no, the point is not to discuss if the word "spike" or "trend" should be used in the sentence.)

Okay, back to football!

Edited by SteelKing728