2023 - The Second Half

vike daddy

I expected it to be horrible after Kirk went down, but the Dobbs wins gave me a false sense of hope. Then I turned into pretty much what I had initially expected. Which made it suck all the more. 

WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU, VIKINGS????

• Like 3

Kirk going down really exposed our weaknesses on offense. The O-Line was not as good as we thought the first half of the year, the running game was one of the worst in the league, and our WR's drop way too many passes unless they are perfectly thrown. 

8 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Kirk going down really exposed our weaknesses on offense. The O-Line was not as good as we thought the first half of the year, the running game was one of the worst in the league, and our WR's drop way too many passes unless they are perfectly thrown. 

Which WRs? I know you’re not talking about Jefferson. Did Addison drop a lot of balls, guess I didn’t notice it as a concern.

I know Osborn had his share of drops and he’s probably leaving this team in free agency anyway. After that Powell is mostly a PR and 4th or 5th WR anyway, only really saw the field due to injuries. Not going to be too critical of him for being forced into more playing time. 

The ability to run the ball and not turn the ball over are what I’m concerned with the most as far as weaknesses on offense.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Does anyone else find it odd that the NFL scheduled 6 of the 8 2022 division winners to finish the 2023 season on the road?

Didn't notice it, but yes, that is kind of odd. 

On 1/2/2024 at 12:26 PM, wcblack34 said:

I expected it to be horrible after Kirk went down, but the Dobbs wins gave me a false sense of hope. Then I turned into pretty much what I had initially expected. Which made it suck all the more. 

WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU, VIKINGS????

I was hoping for a nice little run to end the season as well. Those were 2 tough wins that Dobbs got us and I was over the moon at that point. Then we just fell apart. Our schedule gave us an opportunity to make the playoffs and we just blew it. Losing to Denver was tough, losing to Chicago was tougher. Win those 2 games and we are almost locked in to a playoff spot. Then losing to Cincy pretty much took the air out of the season, though we still had a chance til the very end. But hey, at least we beat Vegas 3-0!

I think we are in the weirdest spot as a team. We dont really have an identity. We dont have a good enough team to get us deep into the playoffs, but we dont have a chance to really bottom out and replenish the cupboards like the other teams in the conference have done. They are all younger and seem to be moving in the right direction and we are just a mess. Really need to figure out a direction to go this offseason and attack it. Need to hit on these upcoming draft picks.

20 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’m just picturing a shirtless Kirk Cousins blowing the Gjallarhorn as our identity. 

No, a shirtless and spectacled Kirko Chainz on the plane ride back from some win was even better.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

No, a shirtless and spectacled Kirko Chainz on the plane ride back from some win was even better.

Can't we just try that Giants game one more time? I feel like that was it.