Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Thought the same thing. I could see a situation where we improve and win some games, and Mark won’t want to make the same “mistake” he made by not retaining Bisaccia.

The problem is, it wasn’t the decision to let Bisaccia walk that was the issue; it was who he selected to replace Rich.

I would hate for us to roll with a guy this time just because he didn’t the last time and it didn’t work out.

FWIW, I really like what I hear from Pierce so far. He feels like a leader. If he goes over .500 in his remaining games then you absolutely have to consider him, based on a few metrics.

But it’s an interesting dynamic with the Bisaccia comparison which could get interesting.

Pierce would need a signature win against KC as well. Bisaccia was blown out twice by KC. Everyone ignores that fact. He kicked a FG down 35-0 which is where I lost interest in him as a coach. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Pierce would need a signature win against KC as well. Bisaccia was blown out twice by KC. Everyone ignores that fact. He kicked a FG down 35-0 which is where I lost interest in him as a coach. 

He's a special teams guy.  🤷🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You flippin KNOW I agree with this sentiment brother!! God do I get sick of arrowheads everywhere, the local network commercials with TK etc. comes with the territory, but that doesn’t mean I gotta like it! 🤣☠️☠️☠️

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wanna see how the team responds especially on offense. That’s gonna be a huge indicator. I always say a team is a direct reflection of their coach 

Yep, I agree with that sentiment. I want to see a hard nosed, tough team that is hard to beat. We’ve actually got talent but good coaching means teams are greater than the sum of our parts.

• Like 1

AP could be a good coach, and sure he even could be a great fit going forward.  However, I don't see this team winning a bunch of games now that he is running things.  Do we have a better chance to reach the 6-11 record I predicted before the season started?  I'd say yes, we now have a chance to win games against bad teams again.  Luckily we have a bunch of those on the schedule.  There is a chance we finish 6-3 and a very good chance we finish 1-8.  This week is our best chance to win another game.

NYG - W

NYJ - W (L)

MIA -L

KC - L

MIN - W (L)

LAC - W (L)

KC - L

IND - W (L)

DEN - W (L)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think we have 9 games left, so if he goes 5-4 that would be huge to me, that would be really impressive given where we’re at.

Though if we’re competitive in games against good teams even if we lose that would’ve massive to me also. Can he put guys in position to accentuate their strengths and negate their weaknesses? Does he do the obvious things and the simple things well? Those would be good indicators.

Ok so 8-9? I think all of the other stuff are pretty good indicators but at that point there may potentially be better candidates.

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, I agree with that sentiment. I want to see a hard nosed, tough team that is hard to beat. We’ve actually got talent but good coaching means teams are greater than the sum of our parts.

Exactly you need someone to bring it all together. We’re just a bunch of individuals now hence why he was talking about the looker room “clicks”. I agree I think we have good talent especially on offense 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I know this is hypothetical but how does everyone think this past off season, from Carr to draft, looks if Pierce and Kelly are in charge?

Bruh can we not talk about our qb from last year. This is a thread about our New coach etc let’s just move forward. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yeah sure but circumstantially he had a play caller he didn't choose, a roster he didnt build & Players getting in trouble. That also matters. 

• Like 1