Draft Thread (Giants have picks #6,47,70)

Acgott

Assuming no trade ups as it sits now really comes down to whether Washington is set on Howell or not. Arizona can't feasible move on from Kyler until 2025. Bears def taking a QB and try and move Fields. Pats are a wild card. You just don't know with BB. He could as easily trade back for 17 more picks as he does take Maye. But assuming they both go I think Zona takes MHJ and then the two stud tackles come off the board and Daniels could be there for the taking at 5 or 6. 

Edited by Shockwave
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

I think at best we can get to the 4th / 5th pick. Daniels i think could go top 3 by the time draft day comes. Well see what happens 

I dont see QBs going 1-2-3 this draft. It's rare that that ever happens. 

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Assuming no trade ups as it sits now really comes down to whether Washington is set on Howell or not. Arizona can't feasible move on from Kyler until 2025. Bears def taking a QB and try and move Fields. Pats are a wild card. You just don't know with BB. He could as easily trade back for 17 more picks as he does take Maye. But assuming they both go I think Zona takes MHJ and then the two stud tackles come off the board and Daniels could be there for the taking at 5 or 6. 

I agree with this. And I think, worst case, we take Nabers and see if we can grab one of the 2nd/3rd tier QBs in round 2 to try and develop. 

I could fully see it happening. If we go based on need and the teams believe in these young kids enough, then yes i could see it happening. The meteoric rise last year of Anthony Richardson leading up to draft day.. Thats what will happen with Daniels.  This is a very real possibility. 

1 - Chicago -- Caleb Williams (for obvious reasons)

2 - Arizona -- Drake Maye (management no longer trusts Kyler)

3- New England -- Jayden Daniels (they have absolutely nothing at QB)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 1:09 PM, Giants4eva said:

I could fully see it happening. If we go based on need and the teams believe in these young kids enough, then yes i could see it happening. The meteoric rise last year of Anthony Richardson leading up to draft day.. Thats what will happen with Daniels.  This is a very real possibility. 

1 - Chicago -- Caleb Williams (for obvious reasons)

2 - Arizona -- Drake Maye (management no longer trusts Kyler)

3- New England -- Jayden Daniels (they have absolutely nothing at QB)

You still have Penix Jr and Nix on the board, who both have arguments for being the best QBs in the class. It's a loaded QB draft, which is good for the Giants.

Current 3 round mock for us on Tank A Thon:

Daniels QB
Suamataia OT
Franklin WR
Murphy II DL

I'd be quite content with this haul. Franklin seems like a Hyatt clone. Would still leave us out a true #1 WR but maybe you can nab Higgins or Pittman in FA. I'm all about the Daniels train if he is there at 6. 

Edited by Shockwave