Draft Thread (Giants have picks #6,47,70)

Acgott

I been watching alot of Bo Nix highlights and the kid is just so good. Nice zip on the ball, tight spirals into tight windows. I know the NCAA game is different but he just seems so NFL ready. I highly doubt DJ is going to be ready for the start of the season and Nix could step right into the starting role. If he could be had in the 2nd and then can nab a true #1 WR in the first. I was seeing alot of discussion about his age but he's only like 3 months older then Penix..and 10 months older then Daniels. It's really a non factor... and that 5th year really upped his game. 

I really don't think Williams or Maye are in play for us. Trading the farm to move up to 1 or 2 when we have so many other roster issues just doesn't seem productive. I think Daniels is the more athletic and talented overall player but something about getting Nix in the 2nd or late 1st is so tempting

With the early games in the books. Giants will likely pick 4, 5, or 6. If Commanders pull off the upset, they can make it to 3, but that’s a lot of SOS scenarios.

4: Giants lose/Cardinals Win

5: Giants lose/Cardinals lose or Giants win/Chargers win

6: Giants win/Chargers lose

17 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

DJ won't be ready to go til late Nov from what I've seen.. who you rolling out at QB?

That seems very conservative on Jones, but it be some backup QB we sign, Devito, or another rookie.

8 minutes ago, Acgott said:

That seems very conservative on Jones, but it be some backup QB we sign, Devito, or another rookie.

Ooof....Daboll and Schoen are going to be facing the hot seat next season.. I highly doubt they put their fate in the hands of Devito...or some backup.

DJ went under the knife late Nov. It's an 8-10 month recovery. So maybe October if he has no setbacks.

28 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Ooof....Daboll and Schoen are going to be facing the hot seat next season.. I highly doubt they put their fate in the hands of Devito...or some backup.

DJ went under the knife late Nov. It's an 8-10 month recovery. So maybe October if he has no setbacks.

Trading a 2nd for a 1 year rental isn’t the answer either. 

The difference between 5 and 6, especially given with the Chargers taking the 5th spot, is negligible. 

One of Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Marvin Harrison Jr, Jayden Daniels, Malik Nabers, Keon Coleman will be there for us. Take one of them, grab Bo Nix at the top of round 2, and let's rock. 

In free agency, we need to spend big time at OL, CB, and EDGE. 

11 hours ago, Acgott said:

Trading a 2nd for a 1 year rental isn’t the answer either. 

If you are a GM facing the hot seat after a pretty ugly 6 win season with your franchise QB who relies on his legs for a major part of his production coming off an MCL and two neck injuries... it might be the answer. You can't risk starting the season 1-5 again waiting for DJ to be back. I'd prefer Nabers and Nix but I do think the Giants will at least kick the tires on a possible trade for Fields.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

If you are a GM facing the hot seat after a pretty ugly 6 win season with your franchise QB who relies on his legs for a major part of his production coming off an MCL and two neck injuries... it might be the answer. You can't risk starting the season 1-5 again waiting for DJ to be back. I'd prefer Nabers and Nix but I do think the Giants will at least kick the tires on a possible trade for Fields.

No, we can’t rely on Jones, but panicking to trade for another QB on the final year of his deal isn’t the answer. Use those 2nds to trade up for a rookie, either into the top 5 or the low first. How often does the top 5 change from January to April? I rather take a chance on the 2024 Will Levis. We need to restock the roster, not play for one year.

• Like 1

Its clear to me we need a QB.. Whether or not they are willing to use that #6 pick on a guy is what im concerned about. If hes gonna go higher than 6, for that trade, they better be in love with the prospect. Because if he's in the top 3??? ... that compensation is gonna be huge. If they stay pat.. as much as i sound hypocritical and would want an olineman like Alt or Fashanu.. we need a right tackle. Not a left.. so with that being said if they stay pat, i think were eyeing a guy like Nabers. 

Edited by Giants4eva