Coach of the year

Steelersfan43

Stefanski should get it over Harbaugh IMO.

Like yes the Ravens have lost their RB, TE, and both starting EDGE rushers, and have a myriad of nagging injuries to key starters such as their LT, RT, CB1, and FS - but even all of that doesn't compare to the Browns' injuries relative to their current record.

I just don't see the argument for anyone except Stefanski at the moment.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Like yes the Ravens have lost their RB, TE, and both starting EDGE rushers, and have a myriad of nagging injuries to key starters such as their LT, RT, CB1, and FS - but even all of that doesn't compare to the Browns' injuries relative to their current record.

I'm just trying to get to a 2x Harbaugh coty over a 2x Stefanski coty.

Unfortunately, I can't really argue the facts of the case, nor the letter of the law, against Stefanski this year.

So, I'm just pounding on the table and trying to confuse the jury with alternative ideas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I'm just trying to get to a 2x Harbaugh coty over a 2x Stefanski coty.

Unfortunately, I can't really argue the facts of the case, nor the letter of the law, against Stefanski this year.

So, I'm just pounding on the table and trying to confuse the jury with alternative ideas.

At least you admit to being irrational. I respect that.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Finally a cool Raven fan. I’ve been waiting my whole…well I’ve just been …hmm

1 minute ago, Mr.UFO said:

C'mon, really? Lamar is a real QB. The Bears are the ones playing a RB at QB.

I'll just clarify - I was joking. 

Lamar is a great QB idc how he does it. If he wins a second MVP, he's the second best QB in the league in my mind.

But I thought it was a cheeky nod to the idea that Harbaugh has had to build the program around Lamar's unique skillset while also joking about the common bs trope of Lamar not being a "real QB".

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

What about Harbaugh?

Guy has the most wins, with a QB who has mediocre stats and no one can seem to statistically point to why they are productive offensively but they are top 5 with a top 2-3 defense.

He's also dealt with a bunch of injuries.

The thing is nothing the Ravens do on offense is because of Harbaugh and he doesnt get to take the credit for Marty Mornhiwegs or Todd Monkens offense that turned Lamar Jackson from a college RB into to Derek Carr with elite mobility in the NFL.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b0x8y8up21ov8kmxj2u1

Edited by AkronsWitness

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The thing is nothing the Ravens do on offense is because of Harbaugh and he doesnt get to take the credit for Marty Mornhiwegs or Todd Monkens offense that turned Lamar Jackson from a RB, to a average QB who can run a lot.

Does it matter? I don't mean it snarkily, I'm asking legitimately. 

Like, does developing the offense really even matter for the coach of the year? That seems like coordinator of the year to me.

I feel like the coach of the year should be the guy who makes the whole program work the best, which Harbaugh has a great argument for this year. This is where I feel like the MVP + COTY awards should swap criteria and we should punish guys like Allen + Stroud less and reward guys like Reid + Harbaugh more. edit - Reid bad example here this year lol but I mean in a 14-2 type year. Maybe sirianni last year would be better example

Unfortunately, if I'm being unbiased, Stefanski's whole program of work this year is equally, if not more, impressive so it's kind of a flawed argument against Kevin, specifically.

But again - I'm just trying to sneak Harbaugh closer to the podium, even if he doesn't place.

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Does it matter? I don't mean it snarkily, I'm asking legitimately. 

Like, does developing the offense really even matter for the coach of the year? That seems like coordinator of the year to me.

I feel like the coach of the year should be the guy who makes the whole program work the best, which Harbaugh has a great argument for this year. This is where I feel like the MVP + COTY awards should swap criteria and we should punish guys like Allen + Stroud less and reward guys like Reid + Harbaugh more.

Unfortunately, if I'm being unbiased, Stefanski's whole program of work this year is equally, if not more, impressive so it's kind of a flawed argument against Kevin, specifically.

But again - I'm just trying to sneak Harbaugh closer to the podium, even if he doesn't place.

It goes back to expectations vs. reality. BAL was picked to win the division with double digit wins and they did just that. Therefore the 'impressivness' of their season doesnt shine as bright as others.

Its what happens with a established good coach and a capable roster

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1