Week 10: VIKINGS (5-4) vs. Saints (5-4)

swede700

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

That is a MASSIVE underselling of that defense. Atlanta is a really really good defense.

You can call it massive underselling...it is a good defense, but not nearly as good without Grady, who always did a good job at destroying the Vikings' OL.  That doesn't change the fact that it's still a piss-poor team overall.  I was going to throw a Mike Hughes joke in there, but he only had 20 snaps...🤣

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

You can call it massive underselling...it is a good defense, but not nearly as good without Grady, who always did a good job at destroying the Vikings' OL.  That doesn't change the fact that it's still a piss-poor team overall.  I was going to throw a Mike Hughes joke in there, but he only had 20 snaps...🤣

Well Josh Dobbs didn't play against the "piss-poor" part of the team. Not really fair of you to discredit him like that.

4 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

1) No one said he is Tom Brady or anyone close to Brady

2) Atlanta is a top 10 defense in the NFL

The reference is to the fact that Tom Brady played so well that the Patriots had no choice but to keep him in there when Drew Bledsoe got healthy.  It was not that kind of performance by Dobbs that there shouldn't be consideration taken to starting Hall when he comes back.  It was a good performance, but not such an overwhelming performance that should insure that he has to start over Hall.  Atlanta is not anywhere near a top-10 defense without Grady. 

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Well Josh Dobbs didn't play against the "piss-poor" part of the team. Not really fair of you to discredit him like that.

I don't view it as a discredit.  It's a good defense, but Kirk would have destroyed that defense.  I think he did well under the circumstances, but I think people are going a little overboard with praise for him. 

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

The reference is to the fact that Tom Brady played so well that the Patriots had no choice but to keep him in there when Drew Bledsoe got healthy.  It was not that kind of performance by Dobbs that there shouldn't be consideration taken to starting Hall when he comes back.  It was a good performance, but not such an overwhelming performance that should insure that he has to start over Hall.  Atlanta is not anywhere near a top-10 defense without Grady. 

It's not even just about the performance, it more is the fact that Dobbs is a 28 year old guy who has been around the league and has been starting all season already. When he was brought in there was a good chance he was going to eventually be the starter, even before his performance. 

Like I said- If Dobbs play starts going south, then I'm sure KOC will have no problem putting Hall back in. What Dobbs did in the 4th quarter right now has him as the starter for the time being.

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

And hall isn't Bledsoe 

Not the point I was making.  Ultimately, it's about not putting Dobbs on such a pedestal that he can't/shouldn't be replaced.  People need to hold their horses...especially since it was just last week that you posted this...

45 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Not the point I was making.  Ultimately, it's about not putting Dobbs on such a pedestal that he can't/shouldn't be replaced.  People need to hold their horses...especially since it was just last week that you posted this...

Lol I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.  I fully expect him to come back down to earth. 

My point about Bledsoe is that Dobbs doesn't have to be Brady to keep the job.  He replacing a 5th round rookie and not a good veteran.  It's still not really known if he came in to be the eventual starter or just the backup plan to Hall

10 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Lol I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.  I fully expect him to come back down to earth. 

My point about Bledsoe is that Dobbs doesn't have to be Brady to keep the job.  He replacing a 5th round rookie and not a good veteran.  It's still not really known if he came in to be the eventual starter or just the backup plan to Hall

First game of Hall he fumbled the ball away deep in his own territory with the game still close.

Second game he played better but did not protect himself from an injury. 

Id say he simply might not be ready to play and it very well could be a detriment to his own health if he does play. So Dobbs has to be the starter going forward and that isn’t putting him in a pedestal. Reality is, Hall needs to sit and was never a real option to see the field this year. The unlikely happened with Cousins having a significant injury. 

I think it becomes more interesting once Mullens is healthy. 

Edited by vikingsrule