2024 Offseason Thread: Dodgers Betting Big On Ohtani

hrubes20

7 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Their lineup with Soto is good but…

@mission27 @bigbadbuff @redsoxsuck05

Yeah those mid 2000’s lineups were absolutely ridiculous, and the core of Jeter, Rodriguez, Cano, Matsui, Posada only got one thing together in like 6-7 years. Crazy. The good ol days where they’d get into  the playoffs and get bounced by Chone Figgins and the Angels lmao.

• Like 2

Big report from Bloomberg yesterday that David Rubenstein, co-founder of the Carlyle Group, is in talks to buy the Orioles.  

It makes sense, since the Angelos family was supposed to have a deal in place to extend the lease at Oriole Park but haven’t done so.  They want to build an Atlanta-style Battery area around the stadium, but there is no place to do it.  Given the lack of finances given to payroll, and the recent decisions regarding MASN with the Nationals and the Orioles owing them money, I think this has rumor has teeth, especially coming from Bloomberg.  

9 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Their lineup with Soto is good but…

@mission27 @bigbadbuff @redsoxsuck05

I know. Granted the defense was all-time bad and the pitching was Chien-Min Wang, Mussina, and Kei Igawa lol.

Also, 2006 was the year Sheff and Matsui got hurt. Unforgettable year that ended incredibly lamely against Kenny Rogers. And Joe Torre batted A-Rod eighth to humiliate him.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Big report from Bloomberg yesterday that David Rubenstein, co-founder of the Carlyle Group, is in talks to buy the Orioles.  

It makes sense, since the Angelos family was supposed to have a deal in place to extend the lease at Oriole Park but haven’t done so.  They want to build an Atlanta-style Battery area around the stadium, but there is no place to do it.  Given the lack of finances given to payroll, and the recent decisions regarding MASN with the Nationals and the Orioles owing them money, I think this has rumor has teeth, especially coming from Bloomberg.  

The orioles with money would be scary. I hope it doesn't happen

36 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

The orioles with money would be scary. I hope it doesn't happen

If Rubenstein comes in and lets Elias run the show hands off, while giving him an extra $100m a year would be scary.  

I would hope that he doesn’t come in and try to micromanage Elias.  The Orioles right now don’t even need to add a ton of payroll.  They just need to extend their core, and add a TORP.