RD1 - Taliese Fuaga RT Oregon State

RD2 - Ruke Orhorhoro DL Clemson

RD3 - Sedrick Van Pran C Geogria

RD4 - Malachi Moore S Alabama

RD5 - Jalen McMillan WR Washington

RD6 - Curtis Jacobs LB Penn State

RD7 = Patrick Payton EDGE Florida State

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

would it be better to get the OL set and control games that way as opposed to helping the OL a bit and helping hte DL a bit  (possibly) ?  It comes down to who they can get in UFA for either Line and go from there.  If the draft is deep at OT, they should get a good one in RD1 or RD2.  SVP might be RD1 /early RD2  then so be it, at least they will be set at C for the next 10 years.  If the FO could draft players like burns, jarvis, bush in RD1, they can draft a legit OL in RD1 as well

CB would be good, but perhaps UFA for that as well since it's such a need and may as well get a proven vet and be done with it. I also expect Trice and Rush to be an improvement over what we have seen this year from some of our CB's.  Porter is CB1 , good to see that is finally taken care of

Does everyone think we'll be targeting OT again?
I know OC is on everyone's list, but I'm curious what people think.
Trading Okorafor and drafting another rookie OT? A RT or LT?
More interior help?

My big worry is it's scheme more than players with the offence. 

I def think we need a secondary makeover. Trice and Rush are great
as 4th/5th options until they prove otherwise and I think SS is a weakness,
making Minkah play too close to the LOS.

ILB again. Injuries. Age. Talent.
- Curious who everyone likes here?

38 minutes ago, mwalker said:

Does everyone think we'll be targeting OT again?
I know OC is on everyone's list, but I'm curious what people think.
Trading Okorafor and drafting another rookie OT? A RT or LT?
More interior help?

My big worry is it's scheme more than players with the offence. 

I def think we need a secondary makeover. Trice and Rush are great
as 4th/5th options until they prove otherwise and I think SS is a weakness,
making Minkah play too close to the LOS.

ILB again. Injuries. Age. Talent.
- Curious who everyone likes here?

There’s a good bit of RT talent in this draft. Latham, Fuaga are tops of my list for RT/OG players. 

• Like 1

Love the first draft/3 rounder, but I just want to make a point that there are things we need on defense rather badly. We need more speed at DB and ILB, along with more stoutness on the DL. As to the latter, yes that means a true nose tackle type for me, but one that can also push the pocket, like Sweat. That said, we still need to upgrade over Loudermilk/Leal and with an eye toward Heyward’s eventual retirement. 

I really think we need to draft 2*2 for our lines (i.e. RT, OC and NT, DT/DE), getting stronger in the trenches and then fit/develop skill players behind them. DB, LB, and/or WR may once again become free agent propositions, if not high level draft picks are made in these areas. Maybe the right Devin this time…a true slot corner and Tyler Boyd.

I also think they need to move on from and upgrade Najee, somehow, but that’s not as big of a priority past the anger of the moment he hurdles towards a sideline instead of north and south.

1 hour ago, rlon said:

Love the first draft/3 rounder, but I just want to make a point that there are things we need on defense rather badly. We need more speed at DB and ILB, along with more stoutness on the DL. As to the latter, yes that means a true nose tackle type for me, but one that can also push the pocket, like Sweat. That said, we still need to upgrade over Loudermilk/Leal and with an eye toward Heyward’s eventual retirement. 

I really think we need to draft 2*2 for our lines (i.e. RT, OC and NT, DT/DE), getting stronger in the trenches and then fit/develop skill players behind them. DB, LB, and/or WR may once again become free agent propositions, if not high level draft picks are made in these areas. Maybe the right Devin this time…a true slot corner and Tyler Boyd.

I also think they need to move on from and upgrade Najee, somehow, but that’s not as big of a priority past the anger of the moment he hurdles towards a sideline instead of north and south.

I hear you on that but the way the board fell on the PFF one I would be reaching for any defense. 

Im not worried on Najee. Two years in a row the OL found their footing about mid way and two years he’s looked better because of it. 

18 hours ago, warfelg said:

Some pre-kickoff mocks -

PFF:

RD1 - JC Latham RT Alabama

RD2 - Denzel Burke CB Ohio State

RD3 - Zach Frazier C West Virginia

PFN:

RD1 - Jer'Zhan Newton DT Illinois

RD2 - Sedrick Van Pran C Georgia

RD3 - Jalen McMillan WR Washington

RD4A - Kiran Amegadjie RT Yale

RD4B - Khyree Jackson CB Oregon

RD6 - Ashton Gillotte EDGE Lousiville

RD7 - Tyrice Knight LB UTEP

NFL Mock Draft Database:

RD1 - Taliese Fuaga RT Oregon State

RD2 - Ruke Orhorhoro DL Clemson

RD3 - Sedrick Van Pran C Geogria

RD4 - Malachi Moore S Alabama

RD5 - Jalen McMillan WR Washington

RD6 - Curtis Jacobs LB Penn State

RD7 = Patrick Payton EDGE Florida State

I like the 1st one although I do not think Burke will be there in the 2nd but it is a very early mock

The Steelers would misuse Jer'Zhan Newton as he is not what they need.  They would try to make him more of a NT and he is another 3 tech.  I think Newton is a top 10 player so him falling to ( I assume the 20's) the Steelers would be an amazing pick.  Perhaps McKinnley Jackson in the 2nd?  RT will be there in the 2nd.