Early Off-Season Discussion

MOSteelers56

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

Yay or Nay at looking at Kyler Murray? he'd be a big upgrade with the right OC, but that contract and trading away picks...not sure if he's worth it ..Cousins could be available, but he's older and will want a huge deal...sticking with kenny one more yr seems like the smarter decision ...maybe they trade down and grab one of the 24 QB's in the 2nd rd..I won't be opposed to that...

Big nay for me. 

24 minutes ago, August4th said:

Yay or Nay at looking at Kyler Murray? he'd be a big upgrade with the right OC, but that contract and trading away picks...not sure if he's worth it ..Cousins could be available, but he's older and will want a huge deal...sticking with kenny one more yr seems like the smarter decision ...maybe they trade down and grab one of the 24 QB's in the 2nd rd..I won't be opposed to that...

No for similar reasons to @43M but I’ll add that too, he has some similar issues to Kenny just gets away with it because he’s athletic. 

Just now, AFF said:

Outside the box idea if you wanted a proven “game manager”…Jared Goff.

Now you begin going down the Cowher route.  Build a team and try to find game managers to try not to lose.  Not wrong but can lead to a lot of frustration.  I am more to the route KC took in build a good team then go get your guy in the draft.  Even if you fail, at least you have a good team vs the years of frustration at a good team vs mediocre QBs. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Now you begin going down the Cowher route.  Build a team and try to find game managers to try not to lose.  Not wrong but can lead to a lot of frustration.  I am more to the route KC took in build a good team then go get your guy in the draft.  Even if you fail, at least you have a good team vs the years of frustration at a good team vs mediocre QBs. 

No…I agree with you.

I simply brought it up since the trading for Kyler idea popped up.

My point is that if they’re trying to build a run/defense based team that be a guy to get.

Not a fan of going that route…I’m more of the draft for top 5-7 QB upside type.

Edited by AFF

1 minute ago, AFF said:

No…I agree with you.

I simply brought it up since the trading for Kyler idea popped up.

My point is that if they’re trying to build a run/defense based team that be a guy to get.

Not a fan of going that route…I’m more of the draft for top 5-7 QB upside type.

Just a random aside on Goff - I think he would be hard to get. I don’t get the sense that Detroit would look to move on from him. 

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

I can see det extending Goff. seems to fit like a glove for what that team is trying to do on the field and locker room. I think they're gonna ride with him the next few years.

Yea. Maybe in a year or two make that big jump for a QB if needed. 

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Just a random aside on Goff - I think he would be hard to get. I don’t get the sense that Detroit would look to move on from him. 

Yea they’re kinda in a tough situation…pay him since he’s a free agent after the 2024 season or move on.

Im not sure what they’re going to do.

Just now, August4th said:

looking around the NFL. Any vet we bring in with the hopes to start will be underwhelming lol Daniel Jones? Love, if he does not pan out in GB? Mayfield? mac?

At that point, I’m trading the farm for an top 5 QB upside type in the draft.