GDT: Jets (4-4) at Raiders (4-5) - Waiting all day for Sunday Night

NYRaider

Winner  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiderssssssssssss
    • Jets

Jets havent scored a TD in something like 7 qtrs, and just got blown out. 
Hate playing teams coming off a bad primetime loss, but it is what it is. 

We can beat the Jets. 
Need to protect the ball, and have our D continue to put our O in good positions. 
I expect an ugly game from AOC overall, but really he jst needs to make a couple plays for us to have a chance in this game.

We are a more well rounded team, but their D is crazy good. 
If they put Sauce, 1 on 1 vs Adams, I hope we attack it. . .  Sauce unreal, but would just be a great matchup to watch. 

I think we win an ugly game, but get Mayer involved (his first TD), a 17-13 win for Da Raiders. 
AOC leaves plently on the field, but makes a couple impressive throws

• Like 3

The Jets O is a mess. Hall is legit but held back by Wilson. I loved the blitzes we called last week and hope PG stays aggressive.

The Jets D is legit. One of the overall better ones imo. Look for Sauce to be on Adams all day. We'll need our interior guys to stay strong at the POA vs. Williams like they were last week with Lawrence.

I'm excited to see how our O performs given they have an actual week of practice and AOC is getting all the starter reps now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

As an east coast fan, I can't take take anymore of these late night games. 

Even worse for those of us across the pond.

Sick and tired of us being such a draw that we always get a bunch of prime time games even when we’re bad.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Going to need the Oline to win upfront again. Jets will sell out to stop Jacobs and force AOC to beat them which won't work. 

Beat them as in put up big passing numbers? or just beat them? Cause I def think we can win this game. 

You doubling down and giving them no shot at winning?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Beat them as in put up big passing numbers? or just beat them? Cause I def think we can win this game. 

You doubling down and giving them no shot at winning?

I said the team would win 2-3 more games total. This would fall under the winnable category. Where did I say they have no shot at beating the Jets?

AOC doesn't need big numbers. The Jets will load up to stop Jacobs and try to put the rookie in 3rd and long situations. That where he'll need to beat them and not turn the ball over. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The NFL could've flexed it out of the PT spot but chose not too.

I probably would've flexed the 49ers at Jags game to SNF 

Sometimes the number eyes on the game outweighs how good a matchup is or how good the teams are. The Raiders are still a big draw, and so are both NY teams, good or bad.

49ers are popular as well, no doubt, but there will be more eyes on even these current Raiders v Jets than on probably any Jaguars game all year.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I said the team would win 2-3 more games total. This would fall under the winnable category. Where did I say they have no shot at beating the Jets?

AOC doesn't need big numbers. The Jets will load up to stop Jacobs and try to put the rookie in 3rd and long situations. That where he'll need to beat them and not turn the ball over. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Going to need the Oline to win upfront again. Jets will sell out to stop Jacobs and force AOC to beat them which won't work. 

haha yea sorry, i was asking if this last sentence, bolded, was meant to read as a prediction of us losing.
Force AOC to beat them which wont work - wont work, as in we lose?
or wont work as in, hes not going for 300 yrds and 3 tds. 

I agree that AOC doesnt need big numbers to win this. Our D needs to keep their O in check. 
Low scoring game though and we definitely have a chance. 
I think you are right in that Jets will try to make AOC beat them, but all we need is 2 total tds to have a chance. IF AOC can push their D back a bit, we can get run game going. We had no chance in this game with jimmy, AOC, will be tested big time. 
It will need to be a team win.