Winner  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiderssssssssssss
    • Jets

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Then you proceed to explained a skewed view of the game lol

Bunch of excuses to lower the credit of the win to the team and coaching staff

We won the game , all 3 levels and coaching. 

They beat us offensively, yards per play average and on 3rd down percentage. Games was mostly even otherwise except for their 83 yards in penalties of which cost them points. 

I'm not trying to discredit anyone. The Raiders played their game. Simply calling the game like we all saw it. The Jets cost themselves that game with drive killing penalties in scoring positions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

You said People want to crown him because he says “Raiders things”. Nah, he’s shown in two weeks he can lead and motivate grown men to wins vs teams McDaniels was losing to. Maybe McDaniels should’ve said more Raiders things and less Patriot things. 

They beat Tommy Devito and Zach Wilson. Right on course for teams they beat this season. 

Let's see how they fair against Tua and Mahomes. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They beat us offensively, yards per play average and on 3rd down percentage. Games was mostly even otherwise except for their 83 yards in penalties of which cost them points. 

I'm not trying to discredit anyone. The Raiders played their game. Simply calling the game like we all saw it. The Jets cost themselves that game with drive killing penalties in scoring positions. 

They beat us on 3rd down conversions, but factoring in our 4th downs it was externally close. 7/16 vs 7/17. 
they settled for fgs, we knew we had to go for it. Need tds in this league. Why we moved on from DC. 

we also had more time of possession, albeit very close, again. Very close amount of plays ran. Beat them on rushing yards. 

this was an ugly / D focused game. Everyone knew first td had a good chance at winning. 

they played not to lose, we played to win. 

it was a welcome sight, as our last couple HCs, and qb were big time play not to lose guys. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

They beat us on 3rd down conversions, but factoring in our 4th downs it was externally close. 7/16 vs 7/17. 
they settled for fgs, we knew we had to go for it. Need tds in this league. Why we moved on from DC. 

we also had more time of possession, albeit very close, again. Very close amount of plays ran. Beat them on rushing yards. 

this was an ugly / D focused game. Everyone knew first td had a good chance at winning. 

they played not to lose, we played to win. 

it was a welcome sight, as our last couple HCs, and qb were big time play not to lose guys. 

They didn't settle for FGs. They killed their drives with penalties and were forced to kick FGs. Big difference.

5 possessions in Raider territory, 4 killed with a penalty that lead to a FG and an INT. They took a TD off the board on one occasion. 

How is that them playing not to lose exactly? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They didn't settle for FGs. They killed their drives with penalties and were forced to kick FGs. Big difference.

5 possessions in Raider territory, 4 killed with a penalty that lead to a FG and an INT. They took a TD off the board on one occasion. 

How is that them playing not to lose exactly? 

They punted twice near mid field on 4th and 1 and 4th and 3, they punted which during the game I was happy about. 

they were stopping us, and I think it was well worth the risk for them to go for it in those moments. It was 9-3 and a score there could’ve really set the tone. 

on top of that after the penalties they were running on 2nd and goal from 10+, which to me screams don’t make a mistake just take the points. 

First one of those drives you say ended because of penalty, I say ended because of Maxx forcing the IG, but I know they lost it vs us winning it. Which forced 2nd and 20 and they ran. Weak imo, and I hate when raiders do that. That was a sack of not penalty… not an error on their part really. 

2nd penalty drive no disagreement, 

3rd drive , after td penalty, 1st and 2nd from the 13 they called runs up the middle, to me that is extremely conservative 

On 11/12/2023 at 8:40 PM, NickButera said:

Yup. The moment we play a team that can score like Miami or KC we're going to be blown out and it won't look close. 

I'm honestly ok with that. At least then we'll know our issue is a talent one and coaching isn't holding us back. As long as we beat the teams we're supposed to and keep improving I'm good for now. We've already thrown away a couple of games we needed this season in order to make the playoffs so I'm just hoping we stay in the wild card run to make the end of the season exciting.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

An argument could be made depending on how they perform in those games.

That said, that's my standard, because there are a lot of people content handing the interim the job because they didn't do it last time. And that's the wrong way of thinking. 

Maybe not soo much here. However scoping around other platforms.. fans are ready to in the words of Dennis Green “ Crown his bleep “.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Maybe not soo much here. However scoping around other platforms.. fans are ready to in the words of Dennis Green “ Crown his bleep “.

It's cringe on twitter. Someone wrote a fluff article that paralleled AP's ascension to that of John Madden and fans are convinced he's "the next John Madden". 

Fans are so desperate to fall in love with the guy simply because he's not Josh McDaniels.

• Like 2

Haha yea no kidding, some of the takes on Twitter are horrendous. I think I’m guilty from time to time of seeing a terrible take on Twitter, seeing someone post a lesser take of the same view and kinda lumping it all together. 
never respond on Twitter, so I feel like I end up responding on here lol.

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's cringe on twitter. Someone wrote a fluff article that paralleled AP's ascension to that of John Madden and fans are convinced he's "the next John Madden". 

Fans are so desperate to fall in love with the guy simply because he's not Josh McDaniels.

Can you blame them?
Someone asked you about the "I'm ready to get hurt again"-Meme. I guess that sums up the emotional state of the Raiders fanbase over the last 20 years (or more - you know guys know that better).

So of course, when a guy comes in and talks about all those "Raiders catchphrases" it get's people hyped up.

And if you're honest to yourself, you would love to see a guy like AP turns this ship in the right direction as well.

(Doesn't mean he will - but I think everybody would like to see it)

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

They punted twice near mid field on 4th and 1 and 4th and 3, they punted which during the game I was happy about. 

they were stopping us, and I think it was well worth the risk for them to go for it in those moments. It was 9-3 and a score there could’ve really set the tone. 

on top of that after the penalties they were running on 2nd and goal from 10+, which to me screams don’t make a mistake just take the points. 

First one of those drives you say ended because of penalty, I say ended because of Maxx forcing the IG, but I know they lost it vs us winning it. Which forced 2nd and 20 and they ran. Weak imo, and I hate when raiders do that. That was a sack of not penalty… not an error on their part really. 

2nd penalty drive no disagreement, 

3rd drive , after td penalty, 1st and 2nd from the 13 they called runs up the middle, to me that is extremely conservative 

The Jets looked like a lot like Raider teams I've seen. Played not to lose, conservative and made mistakes. They walked that thin line the Raiders often do. 

It was refreshing to see the Raiders adjust and take control in the 2nd half after being pushed around in the first half. That's coaching.  

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

I think the biggest thing for everyone is to just have patience. 

Worst case scenario we are a 5-12 team and the season is what it is.  We get a chance to reboot next year and hopefully Mark gets it right.

Best case scenario we finish with a winning record and sneak into the playoffs.  Keeping that "any given Sunday" mentality alive until the end.  

Either way it's too soon to proclaim anything.  I predicted 6-11 in the offseason and have slowly waited for the team to show me they're better than that.  The team is not better than 6-11 still, but they've won enough games against bad teams to best that prediction if they just get a couple more.

This week will go a long way to showing me what to expect the rest of the way.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The Jets looked like a lot like Raider teams I've seen. Played not to lose, conservative and made mistakes. They walked that thin line the Raiders often do. 

It was refreshing to see the Raiders adjust and take control in the 2nd half after being pushed around in the first half. That's coaching.  

100% to the bold. Talked with a buddy who’s a jets fan, and if it sounded identical to how us raider fans typically talk lol. 

so many little mistakes here and there, can blame almost everyone, but no one completely type of thing. 

• Like 2