GDT: Jets (4-4) at Raiders (4-5) - Waiting all day for Sunday Night

NYRaider

Winner  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiderssssssssssss
    • Jets

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

The arguments currently are; our talent level sucks so we are expected to go 1-6 to end the season, in fact we’d be lucky to go 1-6! Our team sucks. 

and at the same time, if AP doesn’t beat KC he shouldn’t even be interviewed, he needs to beat a Super Bowl contender do have a chance at being brought back. 

so he needs to out coach a HoF coach, who has the better team and qb, compared to our terrible 1-6 roster team, with a rookie HC. 

May as well just say point blank, you don’t want AP back lol. 

those are some massively insane standards lol. 

Can only speak for myself but looking at our schedule, I think performance is probably more important than actual winning record over this next run of games. If we play well and look decent with progression then I think that goes a long way.

We know that on paper our side is probably not as talented as KC or Miami or San Diego or even Minnesota probably. We ought to beat Denver and Indianapolis is very winnable too. If we play badly and sneak a few that really doesn’t help us determine if the coaching team is one to take us forward but I think if they can get us playing well that would be in direct contradiction to the McDaniels era and be a big selling point to me for the current coaches.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Can only speak for myself but looking at our schedule, I think performance is probably more important than actual winning record over this next run of games. If we play well and look decent with progression then I think that goes a long way.

We know that on paper our side is probably not as talented as KC or Miami or San Diego or even Minnesota probably. We ought to beat Denver and Indianapolis is very winnable too. If we play badly and sneak a few that really doesn’t help us determine if the coaching team is one to take us forward but I think if they can get us playing well that would be in direct contradiction to the McDaniels era and be a big selling point to me for the current coaches.

Yup agreed 100%, obviously would love to see us go 7-0 down the stretch, but, how the team plays week to week will mean more to me. 

how does AP get the team to travel, do we remember to show up for east coast games? Can he keep the energy level up after a loss (they’ll happen lol). 
do the players like him, does he work well with champ Kelly, what are his ideas moving forward, how does he assess the teams strengths and weakness. 
how does he evaluate himself. 

yes W/L matter, but for a team that is a fringe playoff talent level team, we knew it’d be tough / unlikely to go on a 6-2 run to make the playoffs after the change. 

just want to see what AP can do week to week. Will judge as a whole when season is over, but a big part of a coach is how do they plan to improve in the offseason. Can he and Champ work together? ( assuming champ brought back)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

except at the most important spot. 
either im drastically over playing how bad jimmy was, or you under rating it I guess. . . but to me no shock jacobs now has hit 100 yards back to back games. 
jimmy was horrific, potentially the worst qb this season bad. 
so no its not the same players. 
as ive said before, you keep saying Carr was terrible last year... thats all we need AOC to play to, a terrible level, which he has done and we can win. 

also young players playing more and more, IE Mayers over Hooper, which gives room for improvement. 

To think that is not pessimistic... but you said best case scenario 2-3 wins max, which ive repeatedly asked about and you keep doubling down. In no way is 1 more win best case scenario. Id say 1-3 wins likely, 4 possible, 5+ best case scenario. 

Jimmy was garbage. AOC is still a mid round rookie with limitations. Neither QB is capable of winning games on his own.

What 4 gams are possible given they won't be favorites in any of them outside Denver?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

The arguments currently are; our talent level sucks so we are expected to go 1-6 to end the season, in fact we’d be lucky to go 1-6! Our team sucks. 

and at the same time, if AP doesn’t beat KC he shouldn’t even be interviewed, he needs to beat a Super Bowl contender do have a chance at being brought back. 

so he needs to out coach a HoF coach, who has the better team and qb, compared to our terrible 1-6 roster team, with a rookie HC. 

An argument could be made depending on how they perform in those games.

That said, that's my standard, because there are a lot of people content handing the interim the job because they didn't do it last time. And that's the wrong way of thinking. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

An argument could be made depending on how they perform in those games.

That said, that's my standard, because there are a lot of people content handing the interim the job because they didn't do it last time. And that's the wrong way of thinking. 

I def agree with that, in no ways do I want him to just be handed the job. Still a ton of hurdles for him to handle. 

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Jimmy was garbage. AOC is still a mid round rookie with limitations. Neither QB is capable of winning games on his own.

What 4 gams are possible given they won't be favorites in any of them outside Denver?

I truly believe Vikes, Indy, Chargers and Den are possible. 

Vikes are definitely a great team, and they in a similar spot where they rallying around Dobbs but can it last? Think it’s possible and at home. Minn is a tough place to win. 

indy, rookie qbs anything can happen Imo. 

we’ve beaten chargers numerous times, almost beat them with JMD refusing to chip Mack. 

den is due to beat the Vegas raiders eventually, but def a chance.

doubtful we win all 4, but those are all winnable games in my opinion 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Look at the stat I posted above and understand where I'm coming from.

The Jets can shoot themselves in the foot and Raiders can make some big plays. Both things can be true. The optimistic/pessimistic stuff is nonsense. 

And I'm not being a pessimist. I'm just not trying to fool myself as to where this team is after beating 2 bad teams. They have 5 wins against some of the worst teams in football, 4 by one score. 

Some are so desperate to hand the job to AP because "he says Raiders things". I'm just saying, beat a winning team first.

APs shown more in two weeks than Josh did in 25 games. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

No way guys like Rich and AP can lead men to win, but we should buy in to a guy who rode Belichecks defenses and Tom Brady’s greatness to 6 SBs because Patriot Way lol 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Geezy said:

No way guys like Rich and AP can lead men to win, but we should buy in to a guy who rode Belichecks defenses and Tom Brady’s greatness to 6 SBs because Patriot Way lol 

I guess we all have finally seen Josh McDaniels vision

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I def agree with that, in no ways do I want him to just be handed the job. Still a ton of hurdles for him to handle. 

I truly believe Vikes, Indy, Chargers and Den are possible. 

Vikes are definitely a great team, and they in a similar spot where they rallying around Dobbs but can it last? Think it’s possible and at home. Minn is a tough place to win. 

indy, rookie qbs anything can happen Imo. 

we’ve beaten chargers numerous times, almost beat them with JMD refusing to chip Mack. 

den is due to beat the Vegas raiders eventually, but def a chance.

doubtful we win all 4, but those are all winnable games in my opinion 

Kansas is a division game too, so even though on paper they should win comfortably, being a huge rival should spice things up. It’s not impossible we sneak one of those, especially as Denver turned them over.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Pretty skewed view of what happened...

Then you proceed to explained a skewed view of the game lol

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Pretty skewed view of what happened...

Jets outgained the Raiders, 365 to 274. Their offense committed 5 penalties that negated plays 5 plays of 10+ yards including 3 when they had the ball inside the Raiders' 30-yard line that killed drives. 

Wilson barely stepped out on a TD. Next play, they score a TD with Hall but a holding call negates that and they settle for another FG. 

5 possessions in Raider territory, 4 killed with a penalty that lead to a FG and an INT.

Bunch of excuses to lower the credit of the win to the team and coaching staff

We won the game , all 3 levels and coaching. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

What's your point exactly? Because this is really meaningless considering Josh's coaching career.

You said People want to crown him because he says “Raiders things”. Nah, he’s shown in two weeks he can lead and motivate grown men to wins vs teams McDaniels was losing to. Maybe McDaniels should’ve said more Raiders things and less Patriot things. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Kansas is a division game too, so even though on paper they should win comfortably, being a huge rival should spice things up. It’s not impossible we sneak one of those, especially as Denver turned them over.

Oh yeah for sure, and I agree with BP too that I don’t want to see us just get blown out in both games or all 3 including the dolphins. 
no moral victories, I agree. But no slaughterings. Not for a moral victory but just for the fact a slaughtering can cause issues in a teams belief and what not. 
need to see the players playing hard for 60 mins keeping games competitive 

• Like 1