GDT: Jets (4-4) at Raiders (4-5) - Waiting all day for Sunday Night

NYRaider

Winner  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiderssssssssssss
    • Jets

2 hours ago, true2form said:

I'm just living in reality.  This team beat 3 bad teams with JMD and Jimmy.  They've now beat two bad teams with AP and AOC. 

What's changed?  Not a whole lot imo.  Attitude, yes.  Team spirit, for sure.  Future outlook, most definitely.

This team could go on and finish 4-3.  Ending the season at 9-8.  Maybe squeak into the playoffs.  Key word, could.

They "could" also win 0-2 more games the rest of the way and finish 5-12 or 7-9.

Neither scenario changes anything.  This is still a below average team, at best, and isn't doing anything other than preparing for the future and whatever that is.

Now if the offense comes alive and they score 30+ against the Dolphins or Chiefs, maybe I'll change my tune. However, they've shown all season that their ceiling is squeaking out wins against mediocre teams.

I fully expect to lose the next 5 games and 3 or 4 of them could be by 10+points or over by halftime.  Anything can happen of course, but I've seen this team as a 6 win team all season(if not worse).

Except we should have like 7 wins already. Look JM and Jimmy lost us games we could have easily won. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And in the end, the Jets beat themselves. A wins a win, but to act like the Raiders controlled that game would be misguided. The Jets controlled the LOS both sides until the final minutes.  

What game were you watching? Jets didn’t dominate the LOS . Super pessimistic all of the sudden the last two weeks 

Raiders play calling,o-line and Jacobs eventually wore down the Jets defense down. With Missing our best player on the line. The Jets arguably the best defense in the NFL. You said before the game we wouldn’t be able to run on the Jets 

This was aided by the defense shutting the Jets run game down, getting off the field and keeping them out of the endzone. 

Raiders made plays which won the games. Raiders coaches made adjustments and won the game 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

What game were you watching? Jets didn’t dominate the LOS . Super pessimistic all of the sudden the last two weeks 

Raiders play calling,o-line and Jacobs eventually wore down the Jets defense down. With Missing our best player on the line. The Jets arguably the best defense in the NFL. You said before the game we wouldn’t be able to run on the Jets 

This was aided by the defense shutting the Jets run game down, getting off the field and keeping them out of the endzone. 

Raiders made plays which won the games. Raiders coaches made adjustments and won the game 

Pretty skewed view of what happened...

Jets outgained the Raiders, 365 to 274. Their offense committed 5 penalties that negated plays 5 plays of 10+ yards including 3 when they had the ball inside the Raiders' 30-yard line that killed drives. 

Wilson barely stepped out on a TD. Next play, they score a TD with Hall but a holding call negates that and they settle for another FG. 

5 possessions in Raider territory, 4 killed with a penalty that lead to a FG and an INT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

It just seems like if one was pessimistic or optimistic after AOC and AP took over hasn’t changed at all, which I get a terrible giants team and an average at best jets team. But end of the day all we can do is play the teams on our schedule, and we’ve done our part so far. 

to say jets beat themselves is a disservice to the plays Mayer, Spillane and Jacobs made, but again, no one wants to change their mind yet. So a pessimistic fan sees it as jets blowing it, vs our guys stepping up. Not like it was a terrible throw or blown coverage, our guys made the big plays to win. 

don’t think anyone is acting like the Raiders controlled the game. In fact I and many expected an ugly game, I even said, all we need is 2 good drives to have a chance. That’s what we got, and it’s all we needed. 

yes the jets oline dominated the line of scrimmage, opened massive holes for a huge day from breece hall and his 2.2 average. Made our dline look useless. 
No. Both Ds controlled this game. 
can’t believe you’re arguing their oline dominated lmao. Zach Wilson looked like Mahommes running around, if not our D had pressure. Our D stopped the run. Zach’s mobility impressed me a lot. 

also thank god football is 60mins! Not 45-55mins. Controlled the game till the very end… lol, well I’d be pissed if I was typing that sentence about our D…. You’re not one for moral victories, but their D gets one cause they played well for almost the whole game? 

Raiders made the plays they needed. The jets didn’t blow a coverage or drop a pass, the Raiders made plays. 

but again, it’s optimistic vs pessimistic. 
It’s crazy you were the optimistic guy with JMD and Jimmy, but now the pessimist. 

Look at the stat I posted above and understand where I'm coming from.

The Jets can shoot themselves in the foot and Raiders can make some big plays. Both things can be true. The optimistic/pessimistic stuff is nonsense. 

And I'm not being a pessimist. I'm just not trying to fool myself as to where this team is after beating 2 bad teams. They have 5 wins against some of the worst teams in football, 4 by one score. 

Some are so desperate to hand the job to AP because "he says Raiders things". I'm just saying, beat a winning team first.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

The Jets can shoot themselves in the foot and Raiders can make some big plays. Both things can be true. The optimistic/pessimistic stuff is nonsense. 

And I'm not being a pessimist. I'm just not trying to fool myself as to where this team is after beating 2 bad teams. They have 5 wins against some of the worst teams in football, 4 by one score. 

Some are so desperate to hand the job to AP because "he says Raiders things". I'm just saying, beat a winning team first.

fair enough, its just disappointing i guess for a lack of better word, 3 of their 4 remaining games are against legit contenders. 
The vikes iwll be a good matchup, and a very telling game. 
I expect the dolphins and KC to beat us, either team could be hoisting the lombardi end of season, so if thats your requirment to show your worth it seems a bit like they are set up to fail. 

I wouldve loved to see this team play the steelers. 

-
to your stat above i get it, but at the same time, I guess no ones ever beat the Raiders in the last 10 years weve just always beat our selves, as we always seem to lead the league in penalties. 

-
my posts have nothing to do with AP getting the job. Ill evaluate that after the season. we could fall apart easily, hell we are the raiders, and cant have nice things so maybe he gets kicked out of the league by year end for all i know lol. 

im just taking it one game at a time, and I thought AP has done a great job through 2 weeks. Ive loved Bo through 2 weeks, and considering all circumstances, Im happy with AOC through these 2 weeks. 

If it was DC, jimmy, jmd or whoever yes id expect more, but for these guys to find a way to win with injuries there first two weeks im excited to watch the next 7!

• Like 1

ill just add, i see them as having 2 wins... not 5,  i dont care that JMDs crappy team beat 3 crappy teams by 1 score. 

APs raiders is 2-0. 
theyve blown out a bad team, and beat an average team by 4. 

could care less what jimmy and jmds team. that team was pure garbage. 
We are better that they are gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

It just seems like if one was pessimistic or optimistic after AOC and AP took over hasn’t changed at all, which I get a terrible giants team and an average at best jets team. But end of the day all we can do is play the teams on our schedule, and we’ve done our part so far. 

to say jets beat themselves is a disservice to the plays Mayer, Spillane and Jacobs made, but again, no one wants to change their mind yet. So a pessimistic fan sees it as jets blowing it, vs our guys stepping up. Not like it was a terrible throw or blown coverage, our guys made the big plays to win. 

don’t think anyone is acting like the Raiders controlled the game. In fact I and many expected an ugly game, I even said, all we need is 2 good drives to have a chance. That’s what we got, and it’s all we needed. 

yes the jets oline dominated the line of scrimmage, opened massive holes for a huge day from breece hall and his 2.2 average. Made our dline look useless. 
No. Both Ds controlled this game. 
can’t believe you’re arguing their oline dominated lmao. Zach Wilson looked like Mahommes running around, if not our D had pressure. Our D stopped the run. Zach’s mobility impressed me a lot. 

also thank god football is 60mins! Not 45-55mins. Controlled the game till the very end… lol, well I’d be pissed if I was typing that sentence about our D…. You’re not one for moral victories, but their D gets one cause they played well for almost the whole game? 

Raiders made the plays they needed. The jets didn’t blow a coverage or drop a pass, the Raiders made plays. 

but again, it’s optimistic vs pessimistic. 
It’s crazy you were the optimistic guy with JMD and Jimmy, but now the pessimist. 

Good post.

Did the Jets make numerous mistakes? Yes, but we also made some good plays and in the key moments we got the interception and the TD. The Jets are a tough side, that was a good win where better teams than us have failed against them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Good post.

Did the Jets make numerous mistakes? Yes, but we also made some good plays and in the key moments we got the interception and the TD. The Jets are a tough side, that was a good win where better teams than us have failed against them.

Yup. It seems that when they made mistakes, they followed it up with more mistakes.  So yes, they beat themselves.

When we made mistakes, we followed it up by responding with better play for a while. So yes, credit to our players for making plays when we needed them. 

If they would have caught that TD pass at the end, the narrative would have been "well we should have won had we not made a couple key mistakes." 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

im coming back to this after thinking about it...
just lumping JMDs team into the stats to me is a pessimistic way to look at things, so no, i dont believe its nonsense. 

JMDs team beat 3 of the worst teams by 1 scores... adding those 3 into APs 2 wins and saying weve beat 4 bad teams by 1 scores is just a simplistic, pessimistic way of breaking down our season so far.

optimistic, with a brutal HC and QB, we someone were able to beat bad teams... now that weve upgraded both spots, weve blown out a bad team, and found a way to beat a .500 team.
-

yes there is a chance we end 1-6 to end the season, but to think that is our best case scenario here on out is 100% pessimistic scenario. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

im coming back to this after thinking about it...
just lumping JMDs team into the stats to me is a pessimistic way to look at things, so no, i dont believe its nonsense. 

JMDs team beat 3 of the worst teams by 1 scores... adding those 3 into APs 2 wins and saying weve beat 4 bad teams by 1 scores is just a simplistic, pessimistic way of breaking down our season so far.

optimistic, with a brutal HC and QB, we someone were able to beat bad teams... now that weve upgraded both spots, weve blown out a bad team, and found a way to beat a .500 team.
-

yes there is a chance we end 1-6 to end the season, but to think that is our best case scenario here on out is 100% pessimistic scenario. 

It's the same players. While they may get an emotional boost from the coaching change. And they simplify things scheme wise to accommodate the young QB, it's the same group of players and talent level. 

I do not think it's pessimistic to think this team will go 1-6 to end the season. They will not be favored by Vegas in a single game the rest of the way save Denver at home. 

• Like 2

Just now, big_palooka said:

It's the same players. While they may get an emotional boost from the coaching change. And they simplify things scheme wise to accommodate the young QB, it's the same group of players and talent level. 

I do not think it's pessimistic to think this team will go 1-6 to end the season. They will not be favored by Vegas in a single game the rest of the way save Denver at home. 

except at the most important spot. 
either im drastically over playing how bad jimmy was, or you under rating it I guess. . . but to me no shock jacobs now has hit 100 yards back to back games. 
jimmy was horrific, potentially the worst qb this season bad. 
so no its not the same players. 
as ive said before, you keep saying Carr was terrible last year... thats all we need AOC to play to, a terrible level, which he has done and we can win. 

also young players playing more and more, IE Mayers over Hooper, which gives room for improvement. 

To think that is not pessimistic... but you said best case scenario 2-3 wins max, which ive repeatedly asked about and you keep doubling down. In no way is 1 more win best case scenario. Id say 1-3 wins likely, 4 possible, 5+ best case scenario. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Yup. It seems that when they made mistakes, they followed it up with more mistakes.  So yes, they beat themselves.

When we made mistakes, we followed it up by responding with better play for a while. So yes, credit to our players for making plays when we needed them. 

If they would have caught that TD pass at the end, the narrative would have been "well we should have won had we not made a couple key mistakes." 

It’s why I like close games like this! What if Wilson doesn’t step out? What if Jacobs fumble is reviewed properly as he was clearly down? What if the Jets timeout is given at 18 seconds instead of 13? 

I’d say we took advantage of a couple of their mistakes and they didn’t take advantage of ours. Agree with that last sentence!

• Like 3

The arguments currently are; our talent level sucks so we are expected to go 1-6 to end the season, in fact we’d be lucky to go 1-6! Our team sucks. 

and at the same time, if AP doesn’t beat KC he shouldn’t even be interviewed, he needs to beat a Super Bowl contender do have a chance at being brought back. 

so he needs to out coach a HoF coach, who has the better team and qb, compared to our terrible 1-6 roster team, with a rookie HC. 

May as well just say point blank, you don’t want AP back lol. 

those are some massively insane standards lol. 

• Like 2