GDT: Jets (4-4) at Raiders (4-5) - Waiting all day for Sunday Night

NYRaider

Winner  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiderssssssssssss
    • Jets

43 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You have been saying the last two weeks we were gonna lose.

So on par, once again and not surprisingly. You don’t believe 

Where did I say we were going to lose?

I gave them 2-3 wins the rest of the way and 2 of those were the NY teams. 

And no, I don't believe this team can beat a team like Miami or KC in the upcoming weeks. 

1 minute ago, true2form said:

You do see the difference between the Giants and the Dolphins, correct?

of course, but when we beat the giants, it was who cares beat the jets then ill be impressed...
now we beat the jets, and its, who cares, beat the dolphins than ill be impressed. 

the dolphins are obviously the better team. 
Raiders need to start, by beating the teams we are better than! We have done that. 

We could not do that with JMD and JImmy. 

We are trending up, and have room to grow all over. 
Yes we will be underdogs, but no reason to write this team off, we can lose to Dolphins and KC, and still be imrpoving as a team. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

First, my comments had nothing to do with JMD. Just the inexperience of the group. 

Two, the two winnable games just happened. The next 5, a win would be a major upset. That leaves Den or Indy as win 3, so playing out as I thought it would.

So we’re only going to win 1 more game? Josh is gone my guy! 

54 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You have been saying the last two weeks we were gonna lose.

So on par, once again and not surprisingly. You don’t believe 

Miami usually boat race the mid-level or bad teams. Unfortunately, despite beating both NY teams, we are still in that category.

They struggle against the top teams, but they have too much firepower for the rest of the league.

I will be very surprised if we keep this one within a score, let alone win it.

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

of course, but when we beat the giants, it was who cares beat the jets then ill be impressed...
now we beat the jets, and its, who cares, beat the dolphins than ill be impressed. 

Raiders need to start, by beating the teams we are better than! We have done that. 

Yes we will be underdogs, but no reason to write this team off, we can lose to Dolphins and KC, and still be imrpoving as a team. 

I'm just living in reality.  This team beat 3 bad teams with JMD and Jimmy.  They've now beat two bad teams with AP and AOC. 

What's changed?  Not a whole lot imo.  Attitude, yes.  Team spirit, for sure.  Future outlook, most definitely.

This team could go on and finish 4-3.  Ending the season at 9-8.  Maybe squeak into the playoffs.  Key word, could.

They "could" also win 0-2 more games the rest of the way and finish 5-12 or 7-9.

Neither scenario changes anything.  This is still a below average team, at best, and isn't doing anything other than preparing for the future and whatever that is.

Now if the offense comes alive and they score 30+ against the Dolphins or Chiefs, maybe I'll change my tune. However, they've shown all season that their ceiling is squeaking out wins against mediocre teams.

I fully expect to lose the next 5 games and 3 or 4 of them could be by 10+points or over by halftime.  Anything can happen of course, but I've seen this team as a 6 win team all season(if not worse).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, true2form said:

I'm just living in reality.  This team beat 3 bad teams with JMD and Jimmy.  They've now beat two bad teams with AP and AOC. 

What's changed?  Not a whole lot imo.  Attitude, yes.  Team spirit, for sure.  Future outlook, most definitely.

This team could go on and finish 4-3.  Ending the season at 9-8.  Maybe squeak into the playoffs.  Key word, could.

They "could" also win 0-2 more games the rest of the way and finish 5-12 or 7-9.

Neither scenario changes anything.  This is still a below average team, at best, and isn't doing anything other than preparing for the future and whatever that is.

Now if the offense comes alive and they score 30+ against the Dolphins or Chiefs, maybe I'll change my tune. However, they've shown all season that their ceiling is squeaking out wins against mediocre teams.

I fully expect to lose the next 5 games and 3 or 4 of them could be by 10+points or over by halftime.  Anything can happen of course, but I've seen this team as a 6 win team all season(if not worse).

running game? jacobs hit 100 both games (lost in against giants on his last run of -2) but has hit it both!
deep shots helping a ton there. 
run game, makes games shorter etc etc. 

im not saying we going to playoffs or anything, just saying, if we keep just beating the teams we are supposed ot be better than that is a massive upgrade. 
I think we go 2-3 next 5. vikes chargers being the obvious 2, but maybe the lose one and steal one against kc or something who knows. 
if we get to 9-7 ill be extremely impressed with the turn around from the team. even if we miss playoffs. 
happy to see jacobs back in the mix! 

i know players have had byes and what not, but jacobs has put himself back in the rush leader contender mix, would need 2 dominate games though. currently 3rd in rushing yards! crazy

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

I don't recall anyone saying they will be "impressed" beating the Jets with Zach Wilson as their QB.

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't recall anyone saying they will be "impressed" beating the Jets with Zach Wilson as their QB.

On 11/5/2023 at 2:53 PM, big_palooka said:

It's the Giants. Let's pump the breaks maybe. They do this against thee Jets next week, then we can talk. 

maybe not impressed, but people definitely wanted to wait to see if they could pull off 2 in a row! 

yes zach wilson was the QB, but when you beat the jets its more about beating their D. 
That is a crazy crazy good D. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Where did I say we were going to lose?

I gave them 2-3 wins the rest of the way and 2 of those were the NY teams. 

And no, I don't believe this team can beat a team like Miami or KC in the upcoming weeks. 

When you gonna post the “I’m ready to get hurt again” office meme? Lolol

after Mia?

• Like 2

running game? jacobs hit 100 both games (lost in against giants on his last run of -2) but has hit it both!
deep shots helping a ton there. 
run game, makes games shorter etc etc. 

im not saying we going to playoffs or anything, just saying, if we keep just beating the teams we are supposed ot be better than that is a massive upgrade. 
I think we go 2-3 next 5. vikes chargers being the obvious 2, but maybe the lose one and steal one against kc or something who knows. 
if we get to 9-7 ill be extremely impressed with the turn around from the team. even if we miss playoffs. 
happy to see jacobs back in the mix! 

i know players have had byes and what not, but jacobs has put himself back in the rush leader contender mix, would need 2 dominate games though. currently 3rd in rushing yards! crazy

Yes, Jacobs and the running game have gotten going a bit better.  That's great, but it hasn't lead to an improved offense really.  It's just replaced a lot of the short passing we were doing before with Jimmy.  

I definitely prefer AOC to Jimmy, but he's still finding his feet.  Even in blowing out the Giants and having a 50 yarder to Tucker, he still only threw for 209 yards.  I'm not upset by this, but I'm also not saying improvement has come just yet, outside of the mere threat to throw it downfield.  

I'm not saying we can't win games.  They could turn a corner that none of us can foresee. Unless major change comes, we are who we have been all year and I'd expect a tough finish to the season.

It will be interesting to see how this offense develops and I'm definitely interested to see how our defense stacks up to some top offenses.  I'm expecting bad things, but it's their chance to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

maybe not impressed, but people definitely wanted to wait to see if they could pull off 2 in a row! 

yes zach wilson was the QB, but when you beat the jets its more about beating their D. 
That is a crazy crazy good D. 

And in the end, the Jets beat themselves. A wins a win, but to act like the Raiders controlled that game would be misguided. The Jets controlled the LOS both sides until the final minutes.  

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And in the end, the Jets beat themselves. A wins a win, but to act like the Raiders controlled that game would be misguided. The Jets controlled the LOS both sides until the final minutes.  

It just seems like if one was pessimistic or optimistic after AOC and AP took over hasn’t changed at all, which I get a terrible giants team and an average at best jets team. But end of the day all we can do is play the teams on our schedule, and we’ve done our part so far. 

to say jets beat themselves is a disservice to the plays Mayer, Spillane and Jacobs made, but again, no one wants to change their mind yet. So a pessimistic fan sees it as jets blowing it, vs our guys stepping up. Not like it was a terrible throw or blown coverage, our guys made the big plays to win. 

don’t think anyone is acting like the Raiders controlled the game. In fact I and many expected an ugly game, I even said, all we need is 2 good drives to have a chance. That’s what we got, and it’s all we needed. 

yes the jets oline dominated the line of scrimmage, opened massive holes for a huge day from breece hall and his 2.2 average. Made our dline look useless. 
No. Both Ds controlled this game. 
can’t believe you’re arguing their oline dominated lmao. Zach Wilson looked like Mahommes running around, if not our D had pressure. Our D stopped the run. Zach’s mobility impressed me a lot. 

also thank god football is 60mins! Not 45-55mins. Controlled the game till the very end… lol, well I’d be pissed if I was typing that sentence about our D…. You’re not one for moral victories, but their D gets one cause they played well for almost the whole game? 

Raiders made the plays they needed. The jets didn’t blow a coverage or drop a pass, the Raiders made plays. 

but again, it’s optimistic vs pessimistic. 
It’s crazy you were the optimistic guy with JMD and Jimmy, but now the pessimist. 

• Like 3