GDT: Jets (4-4) at Raiders (4-5) - Waiting all day for Sunday Night

NYRaider

Winner  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiderssssssssssss
    • Jets

I watched a clip of the Hail Mary throw….

and thank god Conklin touched that ball because if he didn’t Wilson is absolutely going to catch that Hail Mary.

The approach of running across the end zone horizontally and jumping up like he did is actually a very very good technique on a Hail Mary.  He was able go jump up without any obstruction and got his hands probably 12” above everyone else.  I don’t care how tall the defenders and receivers and what their vertical jump at the combine is, jumping straight up with arms hitting you and bodies bumping into you will not get your hands higher in the air than even an average athlete and sized player jumping unobstructed off a running jump like Wilson did.

https://youtu.be/itgpaiwAuAE?si=vU_pKtrUu09E2yct

Edited by jimkelly02

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I watched a clip of the Hail Mary throw….

and thank god Conklin touched that ball because if he didn’t Wilson is absolutely going to catch that Hail Mary.

The approach of running across the end zone horizontally and jumping up like he did is actually a very very good technique on a Hail Mary.  He was able go jump up without any obstruction and got his hands probably 12” above everyone else.  I don’t care how tall the defenders and receivers and what their vertical jump at the combine is, jumping straight up with arms hitting you and bodies bumping into you will not get your hands higher in the air than even an average athlete and sized player jumping unobstructed off a running jump like Wilson did.

https://youtu.be/itgpaiwAuAE?si=vU_pKtrUu09E2yct

Being able to intersect the ball at a different angle then everyone else is helpful.  It is the difference between trying to catch an alley-oop and a rebound.

13 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Marcus Peters doesn’t not make enough plays on the ball to be missing so many tackles 🤦‍♂️ 

Yeh, he's a bit iffy. With a good pass rush, he'd probably come alive as a ball hawk but right now he's on that border between giving away plays and making plays.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Think some owe @Darbsk an apology! Give the man more targets!!!
what a fn grab.
what a job by AOC to give him a chance. 

LETS GOOOOO

Haha 😁 no apologies required, it’s true Mayer doesn’t have the stats but he’s got talent. I’m really hopeful we can allow him to flourish a bit more!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

@big_palooka JMD still a better coach and play caller than Bo or AP just because he is experienced? 

team playing with heart, the balls to go for it on 4th to Carter… 

give me inexperience over proven crap all day, everyday! The mystery has upside!
gotta be sweating on your max 2-3 win statement! 
and I am all about it!

First, my comments had nothing to do with JMD. Just the inexperience of the group. 

Two, the two winnable games just happened. The next 5, a win would be a major upset. That leaves Den or Indy as win 3, so playing out as I thought it would.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Bro we play super sloppy football and have been the worst offense in the NFL outside of the New Jersey teams. Our defense has largely been carried by two things: Easiest Defensive SOS in the NFL, and Maxx Crosby who isn’t human. 

For all we know, Miami blows us out next week 34-17. 

If we can keep a very close game with Miami (even if we lose) I’ll believe we are a playoff team. 

This. That Jets game was sloppy and the Jets lost that game more than the Raiders won it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think we have a chance to beat Miami as well. Our offense will perform better

However, have a always struggled in games in Miami especially the early start ones.

At least the Vegas heat prepares this team for the humid weather 

Is this an any given Sunday kind of chance? Or blind optimism? 

There is nothing the Raiders have done in 2 wins against bad teams that suggests they win a track meet against Miami. 

• Like 2

Just now, big_palooka said:

Is this an any given Sunday kind of chance? Or blind optimism? 

There is nothing the Raiders have done in 2 wins against bad teams that suggests they win a track meet against Miami. 

You have been saying the last two weeks we were gonna lose.

So on par, once again and not surprisingly. You don’t believe 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

First, my comments had nothing to do with JMD. Just the inexperience of the group. 

Two, the two winnable games just happened. The next 5, a win would be a major upset. That leaves Den or Indy as win 3, so playing out as I thought it would.

Well to be fair I had asked, if we got 3 wins with JMD and Jimmy, who are proven crap… how is 3 wins with AP and AOC max? 

that was always my thought process, just be as bad as those guys and we have a chance against the lesser teams. 

den, Indy, chargers, Vikes, are all winnable, yes we may only win 1 more, but no way is that our best or lucky to do it.

regardless I’m just given you a hard time, I know you what you were saying / meant. Just hate definitive statements like 3 wins max, when there are so many new question marks. 
and I truly am just praying you’re wrong lol.

• Like 2