GDT: Jets (4-4) at Raiders (4-5) - Waiting all day for Sunday Night

NYRaider

Winner  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiderssssssssssss
    • Jets

going to come down to who can run the ball. OL did a good job vs NYG and Jacobs looked the best he has all season. NYJ is a much stiffer test and we dont have the benefit of the added emotion leading up to the game. Saleh has one of the best defenses in the league vs a rookie QB making his 2nd start, that alone makes this a scary game. Crazy to think that we can even hope our defense can keep us in the game. I think we have the better QB coming in and feel Zach will throw us a couple to give us the edge. 

20-13 Rrrrraaaaaaiiiddddeeerrrrrs

Ps: how dope is it to hear a Raiders HC yell Rrrrrrraaaiiiiidddddeeerrrrrrsssss. Hopefully now the new fans will know what the hell is going on and participate. So frustrating being the only guy in my section reppin properly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I did. He was always not good. He could never throw down the field. It was never going to work and I'll die on that hill.

Jimmy was decent for the 49ers in their super bowl season and two years ago when they were a play away from another super bowl. You're also willing to die on the Ziegler drafted well hill with 0 impact players with 15 selections over 2 years. 

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy was decent for the 49ers in their super bowl season and two years ago when they were a play away from another super bowl. You're also willing to die on the Ziegler drafted well hill with 0 impact players with 15 selections over 2 years. 

Give it a little time. I like a lot of his draft picks and he also traded for Adams last year so that has to factor in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Give it a little time. I like a lot of his draft picks and he also traded for Adams last year so that has to factor in.

There really isn't anyone that he took in the draft that even looks like an average starter long-term so far outside of Wilson, Mayer, and maybe Parham. Most of the time you're able to see it fairly early on like we did with Renfrow, Crosby, etc. 

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There really isn't anyone that he took in the draft that even looks like an average starter long-term so far outside of Wilson, Mayer, and maybe Parham. Most of the time you're able to see it fairly early on like we did with Renfrow, Crosby, etc. 

DZ also fleeced the Giants for Waller who still is dealing with Hamstring issues. That was turned into Tucker and Meyers

Edited by bucksavage1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meyers was on the roster before we traded Waller though, Tucker has basically done nothing.

Meyers was signed on the 14th and Walker was traded on the 15th of March. The salaries were virtually identical 

Tucker + Meyers is better than an  injury prone 30+ TE

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Meyers was signed on the 14th and Walker was traded on the 15th of March. The salaries were virtually identical 

Tucker + Meyers is better than an  injury prone 30+ TE

We traded Waller for a third round pick that we then used to select our WR5 

• Like 1

I just watched the Jets v Chargers and my goodness, their offence is dire. Just totally inept. I watched their match against the Giants too and I think we’ve got a really good chance here……provided we don’t shoot our selves in the foot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I just watched the Jets v Chargers and my goodness, their offence is dire. Just totally inept. I watched their match against the Giants too and I think we’ve got a really good chance here……provided we don’t shoot our selves in the foot!

Only concern is Hall. Raiders are not great against the run and he's a home run hitter.

I think Hall is going to wreck us. Plus the Jets D is great. They’d probably rank #1 in most categories if they had a competent QB. I picked us against the Giants. I’m going Jets here tbh. My confidence on that non existent though, like 52% lol. This game could go either way. Winning 16-13 is not out of the realm of possibility. 

On 11/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, bucksavage1 said:

So you would rather have an injured TE north of 30 instead of a solid #2 and a young speedster?  who is the fastest player on the team 

They never had to pay him and there were ideas that waller could fetch a 2nd. You forget all that while you waving your I love dz flag. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

They never had to pay him and there were ideas that waller could fetch a 2nd. You forget all that while you waving your I love dz flag. 

Right. Packer reportedly offered a 2nd. And Miami was in on him as well. They passed and got a late 3rd in the end. Bad business. 

Regime had no direction. Pay him, get a good trade offer when you should be sellers, reject it. Get a couple games out of him, then trade him for less a few months later. 

• Like 1