Week 10 Thread: (4-5) Commanders at (5-3) Seachickens, 4:30 ET on FOX / GIF THEME: Kardashians (let's suffer together)

MikeT14

I have felt like Sam is on the cusp of having a monster game. A miss here or there on deep passes that were so close etc. At some point he's going to have one of those games where he is in the zone and just goes off. Seattle is Seattle and they're tough as hell at home so I don't think it will be this weekend. I just hope he continues his improved play and doesn't have an implosion of sorts in a tough to play stadium. 

Seattle 33

Washington 30

We keep it close but the defense can't get a stop at the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Meaningless and hard to believe. We have a chance for sure. One at a time and see where we go !

The win in 2011 w/ Rex Grossman was definitely meaningless. I believe it cost us 2 spots in the draft, maybe 3. We still would’ve traded up for RG3 but maybe would’ve had to only trade up 1 or 2 spots instead of 4 so, maybe we hold onto our 2014 1st and we could’ve drafted Khalil Mack after not resigning/losing Orakpo in free agency.

Then in 2015 hopefully we take Scherff in R1 & then in R2 instead of taking Preston Smith, they hopefully would’ve taken Eddie Goldman instead and had a true NT in 2015 for that D.

Edited by turtle28

If we win this game, the season for us completely changes.

With Sam Howell progressing upwards & his confidence as well? We have a chance to make a huge statement these next 3 games with Seattle, Giants & Cowboys coming up.

Not only are these 3 huge conference games & 2 divisional for us. 

Not only would this put us at 8-5 overall.

But it would also keep us within a stones throw of a Division title, even being swept by Philly depending on what they do.

Now I realize we need to take this one game at a time.

But I'm starting to see improvements across the board in not only Sam Howell, but the O-line, the Defense, play calling & even coaching.

If we continue to trend up, we are going to be a formidable team to face in the playoffs.

I realize some of you are scrambling around to see who we can get as coach, 1st Rd pick, etc & preplanning for next season.

But me...Hell no.

I'm scrambling around to see how this team can fight for a playoff birth.

I believe we may have something special in QB Sam Howell.

For him to lead this team to the Playoffs in his 1st season as starter & basically a red-shirt rookie?

Would be unprecedented.

It would be special! This is what I want.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Samuel is expected to play

So I assume he takes some of those snaps Gibson has been getting.

I hope they have some consistency out there.  Platooning WRs in is not ideal for howell.

I honestly would like to see Dyami Brown benched.  It is time to give up on him.  I know they like that he can stretch the field but his hands have been horrible his entire tenure here.  I don't think we can rationalizing having two butter fingers WRs on the field at once.  I think either Crowder or Pringle are showing to be much more reliable options.  

53 minutes ago, offbyone said:

So I assume he takes some of those snaps Gibson has been getting.

I hope they have some consistency out there.  Platooning WRs in is not ideal for howell.

I honestly would like to see Dyami Brown benched.  It is time to give up on him.  I know they like that he can stretch the field but his hands have been horrible his entire tenure here.  I don't think we can rationalizing having two butter fingers WRs on the field at once.  I think either Crowder or Pringle are showing to be much more reliable options.  

Samuel will be our slot WR meaning Crowder won't get as many snaps on offense if any at all.