Week 10: Titans @ Bucs

Mesa_Titan

A good DC to me as a DC that plays towards the strength of his personnel. Dan Quinn, Deen Pees, Wade Phillips, Demco Ryans, Belichick, Chuck pagona, **** lebeau was 1, Todd Bowles. All these DC’s I’ve name can coach a 43, a 34, a 43under. If you a man corner not a zone corner they gone put you in man & let you play your game. Vrabel is stuck to running his scheme but we don’t have guys with the coverage ability or IQ. We ask our corners to sit on routes but they don’t understand route concepts. We can’t play press, they suck in zone because both our starting corners are bad or inconsistent playing with technique 

Biggest disaster is that Tampa put on tape exactly how to completely destroy our offense. Not that’s it’s rocket science. We have zero cohesion up front because it’s a different five players every week playing with a rookie QB and an inexperienced center. The sheer amount of confusion and missed blocks whenever Tampa sent a disguised rusher was mind boggling. Every team should just spam blitzes and DB rushes all day.

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

3-13 in our last 16 games. I know the talent is an issue, but Vrabel’s biggest strength was always getting the most out of the talent he was given and that’s dying a painful death.

And to make matters worse, we’re seeing no development and regression from our young guys. 

41 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

3-13 in our last 16 games. I know the talent is an issue, but Vrabel’s biggest strength was always getting the most out of the talent he was given and that’s dying a painful death.

This I agree was certainly 1 of his biggest strengths, that he loss 

21 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

So if we fire Bowen...who is the Dline coach...obviously we would want to promote from within to keep things rolling.

Doesn’t matter if we fire Bowen going to be the same thing as long as vrabel is HC, he wants his Defense & offense ran a certain way he’s not a McVay, shannahan, or McCarthy or Andy Reid; HC that’s gone hire guys an allow them to run their system & do their thing. He had that in pees & then wanted control. H3ll mike mularkey even allowed D!ck lebeau to coach & do his thing. 

30 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

And to make matters worse, we’re seeing no development and regression from our young guys. 

this is as concerning as anything for me. there’s literally nobody except simmons on this team we can count on to perform at a high level week in and week out, and even simmons has been questionable lately. so many players have regressed, nobody has gotten better, including the ones who have shown some amount of promise. that’s the most damning indictment of this staff, even more so than the gameday gaffes. i have no faith whatsoever that they can identify and develop talent.

meanwhile, aj brown is showing out for the eagles. kalif raymond and josh reynolds are rock-solid contributors for the lions (not to mention amon-ra st brown being a star). david long is balling out for the dolphins. it’s like we have no idea what a difference-maker looks like.

Edited by -Hope-

45 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this is as concerning as anything for me. there’s literally nobody except simmons on this team we can count on to perform at a high level week in and week out, and even simmons has been questionable lately. so many players have regressed, nobody has gotten better, including the ones who have shown some amount of promise. that’s the most damning indictment of this staff, even more so than the gameday gaffes. i have no faith whatsoever that they can identify and develop talent.

meanwhile, aj brown is showing out for the eagles. kalif raymond and josh reynolds are rock-solid contributors for the lions (not to mention amon-ra st brown being a star). david long is balling out for the dolphins. it’s like we have no idea what a difference-maker looks like.

I'm gonna speak on this in the State of the Titans thread. 

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

this is the second-worst record in the league in the last 16, better only than the cardinals. the roster is bad no doubt, but are we really the second-least-talented team in the league? and even if we are (and i don’t think we are based on the defensive roster alone), the entire narrative has always been that vrabel is this tomlin figure who we’ll never be really truly bad under because he’ll get us punching above our weight. i think we can safely put that narrative to rest, because this team is horrific.