Who makes the playoffs in the NFC?

49ersfan

If Arthur Smith gets his head out of his rectum, the Falcons should be able to go at least 5-2 down the stretch. Their remaining schedule isn't very tough:

NO

at NYJ

TB

at CAR

IND

at CHI

at NO

If Arthur Smith can figure out how to scheme a passing game coherently and they don't shoot themselves in the foot with missed tackles, they could potentially win all of them. However, this team has shot itself in the foot way too much already this year. They should be closer to 7-3 instead of 4-6 with their self-inflicted errors.

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Falcons should be able to go at least 5-2 down the stretch. Their remaining schedule isn't very tough:

NO

at NYJ

TB

at CAR

IND

at CHI

at NO

Hmmm they just lost to Arizona (previously one win all year) in Kyler's first game back from injury. 
They're not significantly better than anyone on their schedule. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any team on their remaining schedule defeated them. 
They could go 5-2 but I think 3-4 is more realistic. They also lost the head-to-head against the Vikings, which hurts. Their only chance is to sweep NO but I doubts it happens.  I think the NFC goes like this: 

Eagles 
Lions
49ers 
Saints
Cowboys
Seahawks 
Vikings 

17 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Hmmm they just lost to Arizona (previously one win all year) in Kyler's first game back from injury. 
They're not significantly better than anyone on their schedule. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any team on their remaining schedule defeated them. 
They could go 5-2 but I think 3-4 is more realistic. They also lost the head-to-head against the Vikings, which hurts. Their only chance is to sweep NO but I doubts it happens.  I think the NFC goes like this: 

Eagles 
Lions
49ers 
Saints
Cowboys
Seahawks 
Vikings 

They are a true wildcard. Could be 0-7 or 7-0. Like I said, if they can get it together, 5-2 is the realistic ceiling. With an NFC South title. New Orleans is bad. 

6 hours ago, scar988 said:

If Arthur Smith gets his head out of his rectum, the Falcons should be able to go at least 5-2 down the stretch. Their remaining schedule isn't very tough:

NO

at NYJ

TB

at CAR

IND

at CHI

at NO

If Arthur Smith can figure out how to scheme a passing game coherently and they don't shoot themselves in the foot with missed tackles, they could potentially win all of them. However, this team has shot itself in the foot way too much already this year. They should be closer to 7-3 instead of 4-6 with their self-inflicted errors.

I'm not sure you can count on any wins when you lose to Arizona.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 8:04 PM, vikingsrule said:

Those two games may decide the division though the Vikes likely need to gain some ground on them beforehand. That poor start hurts MN but they, like Detroit, have an easy schedule the rest of the way.

I think the Vikings should feel fortunate to be where they are at this point in the season.  Detroit should win the division rather comfortably.

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I think the Vikings should feel fortunate to be where they are at this point in the season.  Detroit should win the division rather comfortably.

Define comfortably. Unless MN starts dropping games to bad teams, they should start to rack up wins. They really should win the next three and get that winning streak to 8. After that, I don’t think much separates MN and Detroit in terms of record. Ability as a team is a different conversation. Week 16 and week 18 will be fun.

Edited by vikingsrule

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Define comfortably. Unless MN starts dropping games to bad teams, they should start to rack up wins. They really should win the next three and get that winning streak to 8. After that, I don’t think much separates MN and Detroit in terms of record. Ability as a team is a different conversation. Week 16 and week 18 will be fun.

Detroits next three games are Chicago, Green Bay and @ New Orleans. They should win their next three as well and still have a cushionable lead. 

On 11/13/2023 at 12:40 AM, Tank4Drake said:

Only four SB Contenders in the NFC imo. Eagles, Cowboys, 49ers, and Lions. Seahawks if everything goes right for them. 

Ehh I don’t think we’re serious contenders with geno at qb. He’s just to inconsistent and prone to turnovers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hburn said:

Ehh I don’t think we’re serious contenders with geno at qb. He’s just to inconsistent and prone to turnovers

Seahawks defense ain't that great either. They're not contenders IMO 
They must be the team spending the more $$ on Safety plays in the league and are still bottom third in the league in terms of actual postitive safety play. 
That Jamal Adams trade was such a disaster. 

20 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Seahawks defense ain't that great either. They're not contenders IMO 
They must be the team spending the more $$ on Safety plays in the league and are still bottom third in the league in terms of actual postitive safety play. 
That Jamal Adams trade was such a disaster. 

From as much as they have invested in that defense via free agency/trades and draft picks I cant believe its not better. They got a lotta names on that defense for it not to be one of the very best units in the NFL.

Here are the ordinals for the NFC going into Week 10 and their prospects and Ease of Schedule going forward:

=  Aggregates, Ease of Schedule,, Yards, Points, Win/Loss, Playoffs  =

Wk10 Ovrl-Rk | Ofns-Rk | Dfns-Rk || Offense | Defense || Standings EoS
NFC  **** ** |         |         || Yds Pts | Yds Pts || Wn Ls  PO
             |         |         ||         |         ||  
Detr  809  5 |  259  3 |  550 13 || 2nd 9th | 5th  14 ||  7  2  2N 4th
Phil  829  6 |  307  8 |  522 10 || 3rd 2nd |  13  20 ||  8  1  1N  21
S.F.  636  1 |  295  4 |  341  1 || 4th 4th |  18 4th ||  6  3  3N  29
Dall  751  3 |  341 10 |  410  3 ||  10 3rd | 3rd 6th ||  6  3  6N  27
N.O.  756  4 |  352 12 |  404  2 ||  13  15 | 7th 7th ||  5  5  4N 3rd
Minn  831  7 |  258  2 |  573 16 || 8th  13 |  15  17 ||  6  4  7N  14
Seat  906 13 |  402 18 |  504  7 ||  20  17 |  25  22 ||  6  3  5N  26

As long as Detroit's O-Line continues to steamroll the opposition the only worry is that the defense will slip below average.  Their last three games against the 7th ranked Vikings (twice) and 3rd ranked Cowboys (in Detroit) will be the test.

Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Dallas have tougher schedules.  The Eagles defensive backfield and points yielded are worrisome.  The 49ers may have already lost enough games to miss out on #1.  Dallas has enough offensive punch for a wild card.

New Orleans will have to fend off Atlanta and Tampa Bay for the right to go one and done in the playoffs.

Minnesota has incredible momentum and their two weak links, O-Line and defense, are both playing inspired.

6-3?  Seattle must be the Law of Average's Most Wanted Man.  You'd think they'd regress to the mean but the Treble dictum raises its ugly head:  "Always take known luck over purported skill."

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

From as much as they have invested in that defense via free agency/trades and draft picks I cant believe its not better. They got a lotta names on that defense for it not to be one of the very best units in the NFL.

The biggest issue, really the only one despite his great pff grade Bobby Wagner is a massive liability in coverage. Teams go right at him on 3rd down with crossing routes because he just can’t turn and run like he use to. Once he retires next year the defense will massive improve