Who makes the playoffs in the NFC?

49ersfan

On 12/17/2023 at 5:02 PM, Slingin' Sammy said:

Their defense actually looked a bit vulnerable today. Problem is, nobody can stop their offense when it’s healthy. 

I've generally been pretty critical of their defense, but I'm not sure how much stock you can put into that performance given the injuries. That was pretty easy to predict. The injuries aren't considered long term yet, so we'll see if they can get healthy. 

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Smack you guys in the playoffs again. Let’s make it happen. Learn your place you bad dog. 

Ohhhweeeee, I would love getting the Rams in the playoffs! Will be a special game until the Niners pull away. Rams offense is unstoppable and so is the Niners. So let's gooo!!!

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the Niners win the next two games and your scenario plays out, then week 18 is going to be a full on preseason game lol. 

I thought about this the other day...a phone call during the week where one says "I rest you rest?" But I want the Lions....so maneuvering to play them would be more important than rest....unless they end up the 2 seed

Just now, FrantikRam said:

I thought about this the other day...a phone call during the week where one says "I rest you rest?" But I want the Lions....so maneuvering to play them would be more important than rest....unless they end up the 2 seed

I mean if the Niners have the #1 seed, then they are going to rest regardless. The starters may play a quarter or a half at most but that's about it. I don't know what the Rams will do but the Niners are not going to play their guys the entire game. Guys like Armstead/Hargrave/Greenlaw/Williams/etc likely don't even suit up. 

Would be huge for the Niners to secure the #1 seed before week 18. 

On 11/12/2023 at 8:14 PM, Slingin' Sammy said:

Rams have an outside chance if they sweep Seattle and take care of business in all of their “winnable” games, assuming Stafford comes back and is healthy. Seahawks have a really rough schedule coming up. 

Looks like the outside chance became a reality. Rams are sitting pretty and should make it in. The Seahawks lost a bunch of games but saved their season with clutch back-to-back wins. Id favor them over Minnesota and Green Bay to make it in.

5 hours ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

Looks like the outside chance became a reality. Rams are sitting pretty and should make it in. The Seahawks lost a bunch of games but saved their season with clutch back-to-back wins. Id favor them over Minnesota and Green Bay to make it in.

They’ll either play Dallas, Philly, or Detroit in the first round and I like their chances against all of them. As a Philly fan, I’m hoping we avoid them. If they lock up a wildcard spot next week and rest their starters in Week 18, they’ll be a tough out.

Vikings vs Packers next week is a defacto elimination game. 

In week 18, Vikings would face the Lions who they barely lost to despite 4 INT's, Lions could also be resting starters. Packers face Bears who they already crushed earlier in the season so whoever wins in Week 17 has a decent shot of being 9-8 and that could be enough to make the playoffs. 

Edited by 49ersfan

6 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Vikings vs Packers next week is a defacto elimination game. 

In week 18, Vikings would face the Lions who they barely lost to despite 4 INT's, Lions could also be resting starters. Packers face Bears who they already crushed earlier in the season so whoever wins in Week 17 has a decent shot of being 9-8 and that could be enough to make the playoffs. 

Somehow, I don’t see Dan Campbell resting starters. Maybe 3rd or 4th qtr depending on score of the final game, but there is too much at stake (home field, working out issues, just pride) to do that. 

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Somehow, I don’t see Dan Campbell resting starters. Maybe 3rd or 4th qtr depending on score of the final game, but there is too much at stake (home field, working out issues, just pride) to do that. 

For sure, lets see, i'm assuming by week 18 the Lions would know their seeding as the Cowboys-Lions game next week will say a lot 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Good....because my biggest fear is Seattle winning out and Minnesota beating GB and then Detroit resting, which forces us to have to beat the Niners to get in