Week 11 SNF GDT : MIN @DEN

broncos67

On 11/17/2023 at 6:49 PM, AKRNA said:

I don't put much into past performances in the NFL.  The Vikings aren't the team that started out 1-4 nor are we the team that started out 1-5. 

This should be a good test for both teams. No one will be looking past the other, no surprises. I'm curious to see what our defense does to follow up our last 2 outings. Kind of tough acts to follow. Not looking for much to change on offense. You'll have to respect our mid-deep routes but Russ rarely sees or connects on them. Quite a draw back for the "Gilman" system. If/when he starts connecting our running game will go wild.

Anyway, should be fun, looking forward to it. 

i agree. let's have a fun game tonight. it's too bad one of our fanbases has to face the disappointment of losing.

as far as i care, you guys could win every game you have left this season. except for tonight.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

5 runs, 17 passes in the first half.

This is against a blitzing team and we’ve never been down more than one possession. 

What is Sean thinking? 

Or, what I am missing?

Looks like scheme to me. Payton is so limited by what Russ can do. Vikings are sitting with numbers in the box, two high safeties to take away the deep ball and playing a lot of man on the outside. Intermediate to short middle of the field is pretty wide open for passing opportunities, but Vikings are ok with making Russ beat them that way(he can't). Running lanes are nonexistent. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MontanaBronco said:

Looks like scheme to me. Payton is so limited by what Russ can do. Vikings are sitting with numbers in the box, two high safeties to take away the deep ball and playing a lot of man on the outside. Intermediate to short middle of the field is pretty wide open for passing opportunities, but Vikings are ok with making Russ beat them that way(he can't). Running lanes are nonexistent. 

Good analysis.

• Like 1