Week 11 SNF GDT : MIN @DEN

broncos67

15 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

I don't see how we win this game, unless the swagger we've gained with our last 2 victories carries over into better play all around. Especially Russell Wilson.

it's likely to be a close one, so a few plays will make the difference. and sometimes it's just how the ball bounces...

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Wll, did you see us winning the Buffalo game ?

No, even after the 12 men on the field penalty I had no confidence. That game is an asterisk, an outlier from the norm, a series of lucky bounces that don't happen with any regularity. We were clearly not the better team, but somehow, we prevailed. The Vikings have the better team so baring multiple unfortunate events (for them) I don't see us winning. Best case scenario we play our butts off and keep it very close. Reality check is the score remains close, but we were clearly outmatched. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Kevin Seifert@SeifertESPN

Vikings and Broncos will be playing Sunday night on a new grass field in Denver. Installed during the bye week on Nov. 6.

Looks to me like our new owners are sparing no expense to make this a great place to play football.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

We got nine turnovers over the past 2 games we've played and could've easily lost one of them. Is that going to continue? I'm not drinking the koolaid.....yet.

What we've been lately is the "On any Given Sunday" team. That's about the best we can hope for for a while I think. 

• Like 1

I would bet even but the most blind Minnesota fans would argue they've been punching a little above their weight class recently as well. They're five wins have come against at Bears, vs 49ers, at Packers, at Falcons and vs Saints. Other than SF, none of those teams are really world beaters. I'm not saying the Vikings are a fraud, five wins are five wins.

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

57 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I would bet even but the most blind Minnesota fans would argue they've been punching a little above their weight class recently as well. They're five wins have come against at Bears, vs 49ers, at Packers, at Falcons and vs Saints. Other than SF, none of those teams are really world beaters. I'm not saying the Vikings are a fraud, five wins are five wins.

I would agree with this. If this were a 82 game season I think both the broncos and Vikings would be picking in the 10-20 range. But that’s the beauty of the NFL. Any given Sunday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I believe the Falcons and Saints both had above .500 records when we played them, which is probably where Denver sits in terms of quality of opponent. The 49ers are a great team but it went downhill for them once Purdy got hurt. The Bears and Packers are bad teams but those were divisional games, anything can happen. Didn’t Denver beat KC when no one expected it? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I believe the Falcons and Saints both had above .500 records when we played them, which is probably where Denver sits in terms of quality of opponent. The 49ers are a great team but it went downhill for them once Purdy got hurt. The Bears and Packers are bad teams but those were divisional games, anything can happen. Didn’t Denver beat KC when no one expected it? 

I don't put much into past performances in the NFL.  The Vikings aren't the team that started out 1-4 nor are we the team that started out 1-5. 

This should be a good test for both teams. No one will be looking past the other, no surprises. I'm curious to see what our defense does to follow up our last 2 outings. Kind of tough acts to follow. Not looking for much to change on offense. You'll have to respect our mid-deep routes but Russ rarely sees or connects on them. Quite a draw back for the "Gilman" system. If/when he starts connecting our running game will go wild.

Anyway, should be fun, looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I don't put much into past performances in the NFL.  The Vikings aren't the team that started out 1-4 nor are we the team that started out 1-5. 

This should be a good test for both teams. No one will be looking past the other, no surprises. I'm curious to see what our defense does to follow up our last 2 outings. Kind of tough acts to follow. Not looking for much to change on offense. You'll have to respect our mid-deep routes but Russ rarely sees or connects on them. Quite a draw back for the "Gilman" system. If/when he starts connecting our running game will go wild.

Anyway, should be fun, looking forward to it. 

This heatmap is 4 years old now but just goes to show that that has never been russ’ strong suit. Behind the LOS and deep bombs is where he slings it.