Week 13: Loss to KC

Week 14: Win NYG

Week 15:  Loss Tampa

Week 16: Winn Carolina

Week 17: Loss Minn

Week 18: Loss Chi

Green Bay finishes 5 - 12

Defensive Coordinator:

Joe Barry is let go and the Packers bring in.....

Joe Rossi, Minnesota

Joe-Rossi.png?fit=2560,1440&ssl=1

Minnesota isn’t landing elite blue-chip recruits, which makes the results Rossi is producing all the more impressive. The Gophers were No. 4 nationally in scoring defense in 2022 (13.8 ppg.) and 6th in 2021 (17.3). In 2022, Minnesota was also 6th nationally in 3rd-down defense (28.7%).

Leaving:

Yosh Nijman

Darnell Savage

David Bakhitiari

Dallin Leavitt

AJ Dillon

Justin Hollins

Eric Wilson

Josiah Deguara

Zanyne Anderson

Resign:

Keisean Nixon

Rudy Ford

Jon Runyan

Free Agents

Clyde Edwards Helaire

16646197200291.jpg

NFL Draft:

The Packers end up picking number 6

• 1st
  • 2nd
  • 2nd (via New York Jets) #43
  • 3rd
  • 3rd (via Buffalo Bills)
  • 4th
  • 4th (Allen Lazard)
  • 5th (traded to Buffalo Bills)
  • 6th
  • 6th (Jarran Reed)
  • 6th (Dean Lowry)
  • 7th

BYU image Kingsley Suamataia**, OT, BYU
Height: 6-6. Weight: 315.
Projected 40 Time: 4.99.
Projected Round (2024): 1.

11/11/23: Suamataia has been very good this season. He has shocking speed and athleticism for an edge blocker of his size. Suamataia is superb in pass protection while also showing toughness as a run blocker. He could stand to add some lower body strength, but he has a lot of upside and could be a very good starter at left or right tackle in the NFL.

merlin_2969947.jpg

Round 2 Packers:

Duke image Graham Barton, G/OT, Duke
Height: 6-5. Weight: 306.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2024): 1-2.

11/11/23: Some pro sources say their teams are projecting Barton to move inside to guard in the NFL. They say that Barton plays with short arms and his body type could fit better on the inside. Pro evaluators like how Barton is physical, nasty and strong in the ground game. While playing left tackle for Duke, Barton is a consistent run blocker and pass protector. Barton has been dealing with an injury in 2023, which cost him the game against Notre Dame.

Graham_Barton.jpg

2nd (via New York Jets) #43

Notre Dame image Marist Liufau, ILB, Notre Dame
Height: 6-2. Weight: 239.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round (2024): 1-2.

10/21/23: Liufauh has impressed team sources in 2023 and is off to a good start with 33 tackles, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble. In 2022 as a first-season starter, he recorded 51 tackles, an interception, .5 sacks and a pass defended. Liufauh missed the 2021 season with an injury.

Pro evaluators say they love how Liufau is extremely fast and athletic. They labelled his instincts as good but not great, but he is very violent and can play stacked or rush the quarterback. They state he is a different kind of player with an exceptional skill set. Liufauh has three-down-starter ability and upside for the NFL.

0058187-tkdb-1280x720.jpg

Round 3:
Ohio State image Lathan Ransom, S/CB, Ohio State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2024): 3-4.

11/11/23: So far this season, Ransom has totaled 34 tackles, an interception and two passes defended.

9/2/23: Ransom racked up 74 tackles, an interception, 1.5 sacks and three pass breakups in 2022. He dealt with injuries, but continued to play solid football for Ohio State. Ransom benefited from moving to safety from cornerback for 2022.

G5OSRIZY5NEGHPWBE4CDDTMIYY.jpg

3rd (via Buffalo Bills)

Michigan image Donovan Edwards*, RB, Michigan
Height: 6-1. Weight: 204.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2024): 2-4.

11/4/23: Edwards has 66 carries for 211 yards and a touchdown thus far this season.

8/19/23: Edwards was the backup to Blake Corum in 2022, but Edwards was superb to close out the year, showing a real combination of size and speed. He was phenomenal in the games against Ohio State (22-216-2), Purdue (25-185-1) and TCU (23-119). Edwards has quality size and impressive speed.

FBL21_OSU_379_.JPG&height=300

Round 4:

Nebraska image Ty Robinson, NT, Nebraska
Height: 6-6. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2024): 3-5.

10/21/23: Robinson has 13 tackles and .5 sacks thus far this year. He was a solid defender for the Cornhuskers across the previous two seasons, including 24 tackles and two sacks in 2022 and 27 tackles and two sacks in 2021. Robinson possesses good height and length.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29t

4th (Allen Lazard)

Jahmal Banks, WR, Wake Forest
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2024): 3-5.

11/4/23: Banks has recorded 42 catches for 476 yards and three touchdowns on the year.

usatsi_19106656.jpg

Round 6:

USC image Austin Jones, RB, USC
Height: 5-10. Weight: 195.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2024): 4-6.

11/4/23: Jones has averaged 5.2 yards per carry in 2023 for 258 yards and five touchdowns. He has seven catches for 68 yards.

LDN-L-USC-FBC-1127-KB23-6.jpg?w=620

6th (Jarran Reed)

N.C. State image Shyheim Battle, CB, N.C. State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 183.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2024): 7-FA.

11/11/23: Battle has 32 tackles, two interceptions and three passes defended thus far in 2023.

9/2/23: Battle started out his college career at Alabama before transferring to the Wolfpack for the 2022 season. In 2022, he had two interceptions, five passes broken up and 34 tackles. Battle recorded 36 tackles, an interception and 10 passes defended in 2020 with the Crimson Tide.

BattleineUVA_GF_.JPG&height=300

• Like 3

I don't know anything about prospects yet, but I really like the positions you drafted and where you drafted them.

Some may wail against an ILB that high...but they shouldn't.  Campbell won't be around forever and I'll bet the plan is for Walker to succeed him as ILB1.  And I feel like he's doing that.  So, draft a kid let him learn for a year and get spot/injury starts, then in year two, he takes over.

I like it.

I like where you took RB's and when.  Doesn't hurt drafting an A. Jones, either.

I'm really going to keep my eye on that Duke prospect.  A left tackle with short arms projecting inside.  That was write up on Bulaga and Clifton.  It screams out Packer lineman.

Nice job!

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know anything about prospects yet, but I really like the positions you drafted and where you drafted them.

Some may wail against an ILB that high...but they shouldn't.  Campbell won't be around forever and I'll bet the plan is for Walker to succeed him as ILB1.  And I feel like he's doing that.  So, draft a kid let him learn for a year and get spot/injury starts, then in year two, he takes over.

I like it.

I like where you took RB's and when.  Doesn't hurt drafting an A. Jones, either.

I'm really going to keep my eye on that Duke prospect.  A left tackle with short arms projecting inside.  That was write up on Bulaga and Clifton.  It screams out Packer lineman.

Nice job!

Thank you! I love the idea of building a dominant offensive line.

I also like the idea of having two stud inside backers that can play 3 downs.

• Like 1

You lost me by having us lose to the Bears at home! I don't mind some of the picks but the tackle you are selecting at six seems a bit high for him. Very good chance the kid from Penn State or ND will be there at six.

Why would we sign CEH for anything other than the vet minimum. He's been bad in KC for the past three years. His rookie year he was pretty good and downhill from there. You're dumpster diving for RB help. We need to do better than that. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You lost me by having us lose to the Bears at home! I don't mind some of the picks but the tackle you are selecting at six seems a bit high for him. Very good chance the kid from Penn State or ND will be there at six.

If the Packers are picking that high, and they miss out on Alt AND Fashanu, I'm gonna be pissed.  That's an obvious trade down scenario.  And quite frankly, I'd probably take 75 cents on the dollar.  The top 4 seems like in some order Caleb Williams, Marvin Harrison Jr., Caleb Maye, and Olu Fashanu.  That next tier consists of Joe Alt, Brock Bowers, the EDGEs, Kool-Aid McKinstry (if you like him), and some of the WRs (possibly).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If the Packers are picking that high, and they miss out on Alt AND Fashanu, I'm gonna be pissed.  That's an obvious trade down scenario.  And quite frankly, I'd probably take 75 cents on the dollar.  The top 4 seems like in some order Caleb Williams, Marvin Harrison Jr., Caleb Maye, and Olu Fashanu.  That next tier consists of Joe Alt, Brock Bowers, the EDGEs, Kool-Aid McKinstry (if you like him), and some of the WRs (possibly).

Ahh, yeah.  THIS.

Alt is the pick at 6 if he's there and we're there.  Otherwise picking this early you go with talent, not position and Kingsley isn't going to smell the top ten.

Nobody knows at this point but I bet we pick somewhere between 10 and 18.  Not sure Kingsley even appears in that range..

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The top 4 seems like in some order Caleb Williams, Marvin Harrison Jr., Caleb Maye, and Olu Fashanu.  That next tier consists of Joe Alt, Brock Bowers, the EDGEs, Kool-Aid McKinstry (if you like him), and some of the WRs (possibly).

That's pretty close to how this will play out.  There always going to be a guy or two who rises or falls in consideration with the bowls and/or combine.  

I'd lean towards one of those 2 OTs right now.  

First off anyone from PJ Fleck's coaching staff is a hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll still not enough l's lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll nah.

Kingsley would have to break Combine records to some how pass Alt, Mims, Fuaga and Latham in the OL rankings. That's pretty miserable value at 6, could probably get him at 46.

I've never even heard of Marist Liufau. NFL Draft Scout has him as a UDFA, I've yet to see him inside the top 100 of any big board I've looked at, not even on my watch list as I compile my own.

This one needs a lot of work for version 2.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not seeing the EDGE rushers this year being top 5 picks. I watch a lot of FSU and Verse never seem to make an impact play. Doesn't look special in any way as a pass rusher. I have not seen the kid from UCLA play tbh. The one I like, who I've seen rated all over the place is the Ohio State kid, JT Tuimoloau. He plays with his hair on fire. I don't think he's a top half of round 1 guy though. Might even make it to round 2. 

If I'm sitting at 5 as a GM and those 4 are gone, I'm taking Alt, unless I have absolutely no need at OT. Maybe someone convinces themselves to take Keion Coleman there. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

First off anyone from PJ Fleck's coaching staff is a hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll still not enough l's lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll nah.

Kingsley would have to break Combine records to some how pass Alt, Mims, Fuaga and Latham in the OL rankings. That's pretty miserable value at 6, could probably get him at 46.

I've never even heard of Marist Liufau. NFL Draft Scout has him as a UDFA, I've yet to see him inside the top 100 of any big board I've looked at, not even on my watch list as I compile my own.

This one needs a lot of work for version 2.

Agree with everything here. I am a Notre Dame guy, so I have seen a lot of Liufau. He is a good player, but I would not go that high on him. Definitely draftable and has a good set of skills but he plays reckless at times and gets out of position here and there. Also, he has had some bonehead penalties this year. After round 4 is where I would think he gets picked.

1 hour ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Agree with everything here. I am a Notre Dame guy, so I have seen a lot of Liufau. He is a good player, but I would not go that high on him. Definitely draftable and has a good set of skills but he plays reckless at times and gets out of position here and there. Also, he has had some bonehead penalties this year. After round 4 is where I would think he gets picked.

What are your thoughts on the RT for Notre Dame, Blake Fisher? Worth maybe a late 4th or a 5th round pick?

22 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

It's obviously very early, but right now Suamataia at 6 seems like a reach. That could change though. 

Except for the very top of the draft, everything is speculative right now.

Kevin King shot up boards with a 40 time.  Savage was a mid round player before he ran a 40 yard dash.

Just two recent examples.  I'm sure there are tons of others.